N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#576)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Car: 07 E90 Non Sport...Sleeper
Send a message via AIM to mobilefitt
Default 07-13-2011, 08:56 PM

now theres a good set up. You won't be dissapointed. I bet you hold 1 psi more than you used to with any other set up. Do you have a boost gauge?

JB4 15ohm w/ FSB & CM10, ETS-FMIC, Evolution Race Works charge pipe, Forge DVs, AR *********, Injen dual cones, DIY catch can-vent to atmosphere, Koni FSD,TSW Donnington 18's, Bridgestone Potenza 760 Sports.
(#577)
Old
#335 is alive!

Car: Meth'd AW E92 335i
Default 07-13-2011, 08:59 PM

I'm going to set about installing my FSB kit this weekend -- I'm using the trunk tank for now.

I had a quick glance through the BMS WW FSB install guide .. presumably the rear tank install is more or less identical, except I need to run the meth line & pump power wire through the car ... ?

Since the power wire run is quite long from the pump in the trunk to the FSB, should I fuse it at both ends? I remember when I was a kid and installed car stereos, we always used to do this for extra precaution .. that was a while ago, and I need refreshing
(#578)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-13-2011, 09:23 PM

Sounds about right. You just fuse it at the +12v (FSB) side. In or close to the DME.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#579)
Old

Car: '08 535i
Default 07-13-2011, 10:01 PM

Has anyone mounted this on the 5er?

2008 535i || JB4 || BMS DCI || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || AR Design C@tless *** || More to come!
(#580)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 07-14-2011, 08:55 AM

Anyone know typically how long a gallon of boost juice lasts?

15' M4 : JB4 : BMS intake : Meisterhaft full exhaust : AR **'s : MSR Charge ***** : H&R Sport Springs / 08' E92 335i : Montego Blue : JB4-G5 : DCI : BMSMeth : BMSoilCC : VRSF **'s : VRSF Front Mount : 19" Vertini Magic : Bridgestone RE-11 : Carbon CSL Trunk Lip : MtechRearBumper : Mtech FrontBumper
(#581)
Old

Car: any
Default 07-14-2011, 08:56 AM

around 3 minutes of spraying

EDIT: which is awhile probably last you about 2 weeks with some spirited driving here and there
(#582)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 07-14-2011, 09:27 AM

Does this piece of kit look ok for the meth kit?

http://www.n54tuning.com/index.php?_...d&productId=78

2009 135i - JB4 - DCI - Contemplating Meth - Cold Scotish Weather
(#583)
Old

Default 07-14-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR_MARKY
Does this piece of kit look ok for the meth kit?

http://www.n54tuning.com/index.php?_...d&productId=78
I have the ETS cp with Tial bov and there is no meth bungs available. I asked Michael@ETS if they could make me a second pipe that had a couple meth bungs, but they don't do that anymore. I think they don't want to take the liability is the issue. I'm going to take my ets cp and have a couple meth bungs welded on by a shop in my area. Hoping to get one by the elbow and one by the TB. I didn't want to tap the pipe because I'm worried that there won't be enough threading, plus I want to be able to plug the pipe when I remove the meth kit for servicing. There are guys that tap the cp, but I just don't have confidence in a couple threads holding the nozzle in properly.

2009 335i stock.....for now.
2001 Trans Am PT8285
2010 Escalade tow pig
2013 f150 ecopoop
(#584)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Default 07-14-2011, 03:03 PM

ER will do it for you! Call Fred Su! He will make a charge pipe to order, bov, dvs, bungs, you name it! Sky is the limit!

JB4 15ohm w/ FSB & CM10, ETS-FMIC, Evolution Race Works charge pipe, Forge DVs, AR *********, Injen dual cones, DIY catch can-vent to atmosphere, Koni FSD,TSW Donnington 18's, Bridgestone Potenza 760 Sports.
(#585)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-15-2011, 10:29 AM

Still waiting for the CNC shop to drop off 100 brackets. Hesitant to take any orders until we actually have some of these kits in stock. So probably not until Monday or Tuesday. Sorry guys!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#586)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 07-15-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Still waiting for the CNC shop to drop off 100 brackets. Hesitant to take any orders until we actually have some of these kits in stock. So probably not until Monday or Tuesday. Sorry guys!
Your killing me... i just got sooo excited when i just saw you posted something in this tread, thought for sure it was the link we all have been waiting for!

15' M4 : JB4 : BMS intake : Meisterhaft full exhaust : AR **'s : MSR Charge ***** : H&R Sport Springs / 08' E92 335i : Montego Blue : JB4-G5 : DCI : BMSMeth : BMSoilCC : VRSF **'s : VRSF Front Mount : 19" Vertini Magic : Bridgestone RE-11 : Carbon CSL Trunk Lip : MtechRearBumper : Mtech FrontBumper
(#587)
Old

Default 07-15-2011, 01:12 PM

Has the length of the WW pickup tube finally been decided on? Remember you saying the original length was too short.
(#588)
Old

Car: 335xi Sport
Default 07-15-2011, 01:40 PM

Take my order now !!!!

2013 335i M-Sport - 6MT - Not too many mods.....Yet !
(#589)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-15-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstBMWLA
Has the length of the WW pickup tube finally been decided on? Remember you saying the original length was too short.
Still testing the longer length in our N55. Forgot to let it run out last tank. Will report back after more driving.

Burger Motorsports

(#590)
Old

Car: '09 E90
Default 07-15-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Still testing the longer length in our N55. Forgot to let it run out last tank. Will report back after more driving.
Thanks for the updates Terry, looking forward to next week.
(#591)
Old

Car: 07 335i E90
Default 07-15-2011, 07:40 PM

How does the FSB warn you when a fault caused the meth to stop spraying and switch maps? What Map will it switch too.
(#592)
Old

Car: 2008 135i AT
Send a message via Skype™ to OldBooster
Default 07-15-2011, 07:54 PM

The JB4 is smart. I don't have FSB, but when my O2 sensor wires were switched, the system thought I was running very lean up top and automatically switched me to Map 4 and 8 lbs max boost. I had to stop and restart the engine each time this happened to get my Map 3 boost back.

Terry's unmatched dedication to the N54
Held #1 on www.DragTimes.com:
First to run 11.012 @129.30
(#593)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 07-15-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0780
How does the FSB warn you when a fault caused the meth to stop spraying and switch maps? What Map will it switch too.
The FSB gives an indication of normalized flow. When that flow is detected by the JB4, the assigned minimum boost is incremented up by the amount of meth flow by a scaling number. Low or abnormal normalized flow results in only a minimum boost target being generated.
If the FSB is used with the CM progressive spray controller a digital signal is generated by the CM controller when an abnormal normalized flow is detected and the JB4 will revert to Map 1 I believe.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

Last edited by Russell @ BMS; 07-15-2011 at 09:32 PM..
(#594)
Old

Default 07-15-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by az335iat
The FSB gives an indication of normalized flow. When that flow is detected by the JB4, the assigned minimum boost is incremented up by the amount of meth flow by a scaling number. Low or abnormal normalized flow results in only a minimum boost target being generated.
If the FSB is used with the CM progressive spray controller a digital signal is generated by the CM controller when an abnormal normalized flow is detected and the JB4 will revert to Map 1 I believe.
Ok, so it limits boost when flow is funny. What about the other propertys like timming.
(#595)
Old

Car: BMW 335i E92
Default 07-16-2011, 10:28 AM

I think Terry is working on adding meth support to the autotuning map5...
(#596)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-16-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0780
Right now there is no warning per say. Your meth flow will % will drop and the tuning will dial back proportionally. If it drops to 0 you get map 1 like performance. If you don't monitor meth flow in dash you'll just notice boost is now at 13psi instead of 17psi, for example. The system works basically the same way with the FSB alone as it does with the CMGS/VC2/FSB combo. Only the CMGS would be doing the observation and informing the JB4 to cut back performance vs. it reading the FSB itself and making that determination.

Burger Motorsports

(#597)
Old

Default 07-16-2011, 01:05 PM

Great, easy enough to realize no meth is spraying. Just wish we had more gauges to hijack. I'll just keep boost on fuel and IAT on oil and call it good. Cant wait till WW kit gets released.
(#598)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Default 07-16-2011, 01:42 PM

I think map 3 meth map is like map 2 with additive features. So when meth isn't flowing, you get about 13-15psi .

(#599)
Old
C63 AMG

Default 07-16-2011, 04:39 PM

Maybe terry can make a light come on when meth is spraying.......not sure which one though
(#600)
Old

Car: any
Default 07-17-2011, 12:31 AM

meth on map 3 is on top of 13 psi and you can just change your oil to meth flow