N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#11226)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Car: 135i N54
Default 05-02-2018, 05:56 AM

When on Map 4, does any logic/settings change other than boost target? N54 when using JB4 + BEF.
(#11227)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 05-02-2018, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QKRTHNU
What's the latest on the virtual flex fuel sensor? I realize it's in the latest firmware, is the data gathering / beta testing considered complete?

Did it live up to the original hopes? (i.e. completely eliminating the need for a physical sensor)
I doubt it, mine varies /fluctuates a LOT. I tried a different value in offset and I thought I nailed it. Then it went wandering around with the same fuel in tank.
(#11228)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-02-2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorsprung_CJB
When on Map 4, does any logic/settings change other than boost target? N54 when using JB4 + BEF.
Only if your JB4 boost target exceeds the flash boost target. In BEF mode map4 is hard coded to around 8psi as a low boost / safety map.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11229)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-02-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QKRTHNU
What's the latest on the virtual flex fuel sensor? I realize it's in the latest firmware, is the data gathering / beta testing considered complete?

Did it live up to the original hopes? (i.e. completely eliminating the need for a physical sensor)
It's in the production firmware and is generally around a +-10% variance, and is fulfilling it's intended purpose. To give the JB4 and user a ballpark of their E85 mixture without having to add on any additional hardware.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11230)
Old
Chi-Town Cruiser

Car: 2011 BMW 335is
Default D P Fix - 05-03-2018, 06:09 PM

When I'm running the D P Fix with the JB4, does it matter what map I'm in or whether or not I'm running a BEF to ensure the car shows a ready status?

All aboard the Lakeshore Drive Express!
(#11231)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Car: 135i N54
Default 05-06-2018, 06:59 AM

If I set a duty bias of 60 across the board (needed more for old turbos), does that also apply a modifier to the menu 10 and 12 values or do those remain absolute?
(#11232)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-13-2018, 09:14 PM

Terry, are you going to fix the can flap issue.

this issue has been going on for a while now, I hate to go backwards in firmware.

A lot of people are having this issue. mine personally is that I toggle the off, however whenever I exit the menu by going back to 0 it opens back up. personally I don't like the drone exhaust sound and hate that this has not been fixed yet.
(#11233)
Old

Car: e90 N54 335i xDrive
Default 05-17-2018, 06:54 AM

Running JB4 on my 2010 e90 xdrive. Failed Illinois emissions even with map 0 enabled. Testing station claims they could not get a signal from the ODB2 port. Any option other than removing JB4 to pass? If removed, do I need to drive around to reset anything?
(#11234)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-17-2018, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewo
Terry, are you going to fix the can flap issue.

this issue has been going on for a while now, I hate to go backwards in firmware.

A lot of people are having this issue. mine personally is that I toggle the off, however whenever I exit the menu by going back to 0 it opens back up. personally I don't like the drone exhaust sound and hate that this has not been fixed yet.
In stock operation the DME opens it as it sees fit. Have you tried going to map0 (disabling any JB4 CANbus operations) to see if it closes? If not, the DME is programming it open.

Burger Motorsports

(#11235)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-20-2018, 07:36 PM

Thanks Terry,

I see what you are saying even with it on Map 0 it still stays open.

Not sure what the problem is this just started happening. I am running your BEF as well, maybe MHD has some value that is automatically included however I do not even change any of those options when I flash, I just do a straight flash of the BIN.

Do you have any recommendations to make the DME close the valve under normal driving as it has in the past. I do not like the droning exhaust note.
(#11236)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-20-2018, 07:39 PM

If it's never closing, then maybe a vacuum line issue or some physical issue there.

Burger Motorsports

(#11237)
Old

Car: 09 335xi
Default 05-21-2018, 08:21 PM

I have a 09 335xi with DCI and castles DPís. Have it set to map 5 and Iím hitting about 14psi everything seems fine but seems to lack power and occasional overboost code. I noticed when logging that my throttle hit 99 as soon as I first floor it then drops back down to 23 while the pedal is still floored. I have the feeling it feels underpowered because Iím building boost to the solenoids but throttle is actually closing to 25 percent and not letting the air in. Any ideas I set al my settings to the default settings. Checked for any boost leaks too.
(#11238)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-21-2018, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyab00sta
I have a 09 335xi with DCI and castles DPís. Have it set to map 5 and Iím hitting about 14psi everything seems fine but seems to lack power and occasional overboost code. I noticed when logging that my throttle hit 99 as soon as I first floor it then drops back down to 23 while the pedal is still floored. I have the feeling it feels underpowered because Iím building boost to the solenoids but throttle is actually closing to 25 percent and not letting the air in. Any ideas I set al my settings to the default settings. Checked for any boost leaks too.
Post up a log in the support section with your mods and fueling used so we can help diagnose your car. Get a log from 2krpm-redline in 3rd gear for best data.

Burger Motorsports

(#11239)
Old

Car: X5
Default 05-23-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatleson
Running JB4 on my 2010 e90 xdrive. Failed Illinois emissions even with map 0 enabled. Testing station claims they could not get a signal from the ODB2 port. Any option other than removing JB4 to pass? If removed, do I need to drive around to reset anything?
I had the same issue and I switched to map 1 as the guy was under the hood and it passed with flying colors
(#11240)
Old

Default 05-23-2018, 03:29 PM

Burger Tuning Guys,
I could not find an answer to this but when I disable to bypass the jb4 I get a cel
its a 2010 535xi, with bms oil catch can, jb4 obviously and Dinan exhaust, no *** delete or anything else. it has done this with the DCI and without.
best
(#11241)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-24-2018, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark BMW
Burger Tuning Guys,
I could not find an answer to this but when I disable to bypass the jb4 I get a cel
its a 2010 535xi, with bms oil catch can, jb4 obviously and Dinan exhaust, no *** delete or anything else. it has done this with the DCI and without.
best
What code comes up with the CEL?

Burger Motorsports

(#11242)
Old

Default 05-24-2018, 10:22 AM

Ill try to get it today, usually I just delete the codes and go back to map 1, I have my obd2 reader with me now
thanks
(#11243)
Old

Default 05-24-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
What code comes up with the CEL?
Hi Payam, of course no lights now...was driving for an hour, switching from map 1 to 5 to 0 and no light now
hmmm...I have a long road trip coming, usually I experience the problem when I am cruising at 80+ and switch from map 1 to fully disabled. I will have to mess around then to see of I can get the light to come on.
thanks for your help.

Another question, if I update firmware from when I bought the jb4 a few years back , will my gas mileage change say on map 1?..I currently average
24 mpg (hand calculated) at 80-90mph and really enjoy having that kind of mpg but still a super fun car.
Best
(#11244)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-25-2018, 12:27 PM

Just posted updated firmware.

T2) Adjusted boost safety system so that boost safety for map4 (stock boost profile) change over is 3psi over map target OR 1psi before sensor runs out of range. Whichever is lower. The user adjustment boost safety setting is now used only for in dash boost gauge calibration.
T2) Fixed another bug in the 2STEP logic. Seemed to be working much better on our development car. Let me know!

Burger Motorsports

(#11245)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-25-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark BMW
Hi Payam, of course no lights now...was driving for an hour, switching from map 1 to 5 to 0 and no light now
hmmm...I have a long road trip coming, usually I experience the problem when I am cruising at 80+ and switch from map 1 to fully disabled. I will have to mess around then to see of I can get the light to come on.
thanks for your help.

Another question, if I update firmware from when I bought the jb4 a few years back , will my gas mileage change say on map 1?..I currently average
24 mpg (hand calculated) at 80-90mph and really enjoy having that kind of mpg but still a super fun car.
Best
Firmware changes shouldn't have anything to do with that, I would update it.

Burger Motorsports

(#11246)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-26-2018, 05:42 PM

Anyone try the new 2STEP changes? Better than previous version?

Burger Motorsports

(#11247)
Old

Car: 08 335i
Default 05-27-2018, 02:10 AM

Terry the software u speak of is the 32_10 that came out a while ago or is there a new one?

e92 MT 08
Single T
FBO
Dual 450 lpfp
BEF
MeTH!!!!!
E85 100į/§
(#11248)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-27-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrzeChuj
Terry the software u speak of is the 32_10 that came out a while ago or is there a new one?
Ending in T2, posted yesterday.

Burger Motorsports

(#11249)
Old

Default 05-27-2018, 08:50 AM

Ok thanks for that. I get my car back wensday from the dealer . I upload and check the two step out. Thank you for the reply

e92 MT 08
Single T
FBO
Dual 450 lpfp
BEF
MeTH!!!!!
E85 100į/§
(#11250)
Old

Default 05-27-2018, 08:52 AM

Do you have a link? Can't find it