N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#8976)
Old

Car: bmw 335i e92
Default 04-06-2015, 11:27 PM

Everyone i need help please.
i just install jb4 g5iso and wanting to stack with cobb ap v2. so i put on map0 then tried to install the cobb. it says cannot connect bla2. only happens when ignition is on. its like jb4 is stopping the cobb to program. been repeating it so many times and still failing,
please anyone help.
my car is bmw 335i e92 2007 6at rhd
Fully FBO w pump gas

_______________________________________\\\
BMW 335I E92 2007 RHD 6AT,FULL M3 BODYKIT,HYBRID TURBOS,BMS ADAPTER W/ 3.5BAR TMAP,VTT INLETS,JB4 G5ISO W/ MHD TREBILA FLASH,BMS ANTI-LAG,AEM METH KIT W/ FSB,BMS DCI,VRSF CHARGEPIPE & TIAL BOV,VRSF C@TLESS ***,FMIC,BMS OCC,BMS CABIN FILTER,MUFFLER CUSTOM BULLET,97RON PUMP GAS
(#8977)
Old

Car: bmw 335i e92
Default 04-07-2015, 07:20 AM

anyone??????

_______________________________________\\\
BMW 335I E92 2007 RHD 6AT,FULL M3 BODYKIT,HYBRID TURBOS,BMS ADAPTER W/ 3.5BAR TMAP,VTT INLETS,JB4 G5ISO W/ MHD TREBILA FLASH,BMS ANTI-LAG,AEM METH KIT W/ FSB,BMS DCI,VRSF CHARGEPIPE & TIAL BOV,VRSF C@TLESS ***,FMIC,BMS OCC,BMS CABIN FILTER,MUFFLER CUSTOM BULLET,97RON PUMP GAS
(#8978)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-07-2015, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9Blue
lol, didn't realize the boost on map 2 was raised significantly for guys using 4/3 w/ backend flash... now that I have a persistent cylinder 5 misfire. free engine sound mod I suppose, the car now sounds like it has a LS1 engine swap...
If using a back end flash use mode 4/2. Otherwise, you'll get whatever boost the flash has programmed.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8979)
Old

Car: 2008 535xiT e61
Default 04-07-2015, 09:20 AM

Anyone know if the latest interface available for mac yet? is version 1.5.2 the latest?

2008 e61 535xit: VTT GCs, Fuel-it PI, fuelab FPR w/ return line, stage 2 lpfp, fuelab "700" inline pump, RB external PCV, VRSF 7.5" race FMIC, Inlets, outlet, AR ***, 3" chargepiping, 3" exhaust, JB4, BMS PI controller
(#8980)
Old

Car: 09 E92 335i
Default 04-07-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If using a back end flash use mode 4/2. Otherwise, you'll get whatever boost the flash has programmed.
meant to type 4/2 actually, but it would be nice if you could update the first page of this thread to reflect the changes to the boost curves for maps in 4/2.

09 BMW E92 335i: EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
(#8981)
Old

Car: 2008 e90 335i 6MT
Default 04-07-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samstryker
Anyone know if the latest interface available for mac yet? is version 1.5.2 the latest?
See the thread for 3rd party JB4 interface.

He's not working on the OSX version for a few weeks, he's more involved in the Android and iOS versions right now.
(#8982)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 04-07-2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
You can wait. It's not a big bug but no reason not to fix it. I also altered the fuel trims calculation to reflect 0-34% so JB4 logs match the rest of the world, and made LOAD a full time logging parameter (removed not obsolete CPS), so I'll be posting 28.8 shortly for you guys to test out.
I might have missed something, but are we now not able to log fuel trims as negative (-) percentage? Before, a value below 8 would indicate a negative (-) trim.

2018 Audi RS3 | Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#8983)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-07-2015, 07:00 PM

Correct can't see below 0 now. Sorry, something had to give there. Tired of the confusion as to how trims would exceed 33%.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8984)
Old

Default 04-07-2015, 07:16 PM

updated to 28.81 firmware version, and i had my first gear boost limit set at 9.0psi and 2nd gear limit set at 14.0 psi. upon plugging in my laptop after driving around for a little bit, i noticed they had gone up and down .1. so i reset the 1st and 2nd gear boost limiting to 9.0 and 14.0, but each time i do that and save settings, they reset back to being down by .1 and up by .1. possible bug?

Current: 2008 e92 335i coupe.

Previous: 2003 Honda Accord V6 coupe: AEM V2, zex 75 wet shot (sold)
Past 1998 acura integra rs: jrsc @ 6 psi and bolt ons.
(#8985)
Old
Legend

Default 04-07-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stucks
updated to 28.81 firmware version, and i had my first gear boost limit set at 9.0psi and 2nd gear limit set at 14.0 psi. upon plugging in my laptop after driving around for a little bit, i noticed they had gone up and down .1. so i reset the 1st and 2nd gear boost limiting to 9.0 and 14.0, but each time i do that and save settings, they reset back to being down by .1 and up by .1. possible bug?

What TMAP sensor are you using?

What interface/app are you using to upload firmware?

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

(#8986)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-07-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stucks
That is what happens when you squeeze a 0-360 word in to a 0-255 byte. Some decimal points will round up or down.

Burger Motorsports

(#8987)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-07-2015, 08:09 PM

Now that we have separate maps for the back end flash I'm working on a stronger map 7 for you guys. If anyone is bored and feels like testing it just email me.

Burger Motorsports

(#8988)
Old
Legend

Default 04-07-2015, 08:33 PM

Quote:
That is what happens when you squeeze a 0-360 word in to a 0-255 byte. Some decimal points will round up or down.
Dmac told me it was due to the 3.5 bar TMAP sensor conversion and a rounding issue.

(#8989)
Old
Legend

Default 04-07-2015, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Now that we have separate maps for the back end flash I'm working on a stronger map 7 for you guys. If anyone is bored and feels like testing it just email me.
Stronger in the flash or stronger in the JB4 firmware? I guess what I'm asking...is there more boost or more timing?

(#8990)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-07-2015, 08:37 PM

Same flash, more boost.

Burger Motorsports

(#8991)
Old

Car: 2013 Genesis Coupe
Default 04-07-2015, 10:58 PM

Idk if you still want logs, but here are some logs with the 28.81 firmware,everything seems to run smoothly on my end. I took the liberty to reread the 4/2,4/3 setting I have couple questions for you Terry. Just outta curiosity before this change took place, on the default setting 4/3, wasn't the JB4 safety enabled (Map 4) even with the flashed cars? My second questions is, so since the JB4 controls boost, does the flash control everything else such as, timing advance, afr, etc.. Also, if there was knock to be detected, would the flash or the JB4 reduce timing and how much timing can it actually reduce?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 28.81.1.csv (10.4 KB, 145 views)
File Type: csv 28.81.2.csv (9.8 KB, 130 views)
(#8992)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2015, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen@StreetKingImports
Idk if you still want logs, but here are some logs with the 28.81 firmware,everything seems to run smoothly on my end. I took the liberty to reread the 4/2,4/3 setting I have couple questions for you Terry. Just outta curiosity before this change took place, on the default setting 4/3, wasn't the JB4 safety enabled (Map 4) even with the flashed cars? My second questions is, so since the JB4 controls boost, does the flash control everything else such as, timing advance, afr, etc.. Also, if there was knock to be detected, would the flash or the JB4 reduce timing and how much timing can it actually reduce?
You should find answers to those questions in the open flash thread. This thead is re: JB4 firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#8993)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2015, 11:28 AM

Just posted an interface update. The new interface date is 4/6/2015.

The changes are minor and have to do with time stamps in the logs. We found a little bug that could cause the timestamps to be inaccurate. e.g. it might put samples 80ms apart instead of 100ms apart, or the other way around, depending on how many data points the JB4 firmware version happened to be spitting out at the moment.

While not much of an issue it would throw off time to RPM calculations, etc, that I know some like to do within 3rd party software like virtual dyno.

So I fixed that and also setup the interface take the sampling rate from the JB4 firmware rather than being fixed at 10hz. So the interface can support up to 40hz now. Currently the JB4 firmware is still set at 10hz (even though some elements like boost, pedal, and fuel pressure are read at 200hz), but in the future we will be able to play with that sample rate output on the JB4 firmware side.

Burger Motorsports

(#8994)
Old

Car: 08 335xi
Default 04-08-2015, 12:54 PM

So with this new firmware how are the maps different for us backend flash people?

09 335 - 6266
07 335i - 6870, E85 - SOLD
08 335xi - 6466, custom direct port meth - SOLD
(#8995)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 04-08-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Terry, once done with testing will this be available via JB4 firmware update?
(#8996)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2015, 05:36 PM

So far it's been stable so I expect to post 28.82 soon. If you want it sooner just email me. The only real difference between it and whats posted is map 7 when using a back end flash map.

Burger Motorsports

(#8997)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default 04-08-2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt1841
Dmac told me it was due to the 3.5 bar TMAP sensor conversion and a rounding issue.
It's more noticeable with the N20 sensor due to a smaller scaling value. You have to have a wider range of values for the N20 sensor and that causes a loss of resolution. Not a big deal though.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#8998)
Old

Car: 08 535ix
Default 04-08-2015, 06:15 PM

I'd be interested in trying the new map 7 changes Terry. Email is Jwdominick@yahoo.com thanks!

'08 535xi 6m, ACT 6 Puck Race Clutch / AR Design **'s / AFE Twin Power DCI / VTT Inlets / VRSF CP / TIAL BOV / Big Tom style IC / Fuel-It Stg2 LPFP / NGK 5992's @.022 / N20 T-Map / MHD Flash....100% e85 @24psi on stock snails!
(#8999)
Old
Legend

Default 04-08-2015, 07:18 PM

You do realize you don't have to publicly post your email address, right?

(#9000)
Old

Car: 08 535ix
Default 04-08-2015, 07:24 PM

Meh spam filters work. It's not a private thing...

'08 535xi 6m, ACT 6 Puck Race Clutch / AR Design **'s / AFE Twin Power DCI / VTT Inlets / VRSF CP / TIAL BOV / Big Tom style IC / Fuel-It Stg2 LPFP / NGK 5992's @.022 / N20 T-Map / MHD Flash....100% e85 @24psi on stock snails!