N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#151)
Old

Car: 540i G30
Default 04-11-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If you need tuning help you'd have to include a log.
Here is a log at 65 additive
Attached Files
File Type: csv 65 additive Map_7.csv (7.3 KB, 86 views)
(#152)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-11-2018, 02:51 PM

FF will learn up getting boost closer to target. Maybe change to 20 to speed that process up. But, as you get closer to that higher target DME BT may get wobbly as you start to hit a DME fuel cap. Dialing in these 19-22psi levels on the B58 winds up being a bit of a balancing act.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#153)
Old

Default 04-11-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
FF will learn up getting boost closer to target. Maybe change to 20 to speed that process up. But, as you get closer to that higher target DME BT may get wobbly as you start to hit a DME fuel cap. Dialing in these 19-22psi levels on the B58 winds up being a bit of a balancing act.
Anyway i can check if my FF or EWG wores are properly pinned on the jb4...? I
(#154)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-11-2018, 07:50 PM

If they are not pinned you'll get a fault code. There is no need for fuel pressure wires on the platform, and EWG wires go in the spots in the B58 sticky first 3 posts.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#155)
Old

Default 04-11-2018, 08:05 PM

Quote:
If they are not pinned you'll get a fault code. There is no need for fuel pressure wires on the platform, and EWG wires go in the spots in the B58 sticky first 3 posts.
Whats the maximum timing i can pull with the IAT spoof? I think 15* is a lot of timing and maybe why its not wanting to boost more.
(#156)
Old

Car: 2017 BMW 440i MPPK
Default 04-23-2018, 04:35 PM

Terry I thought I read in a post you were planning on updating the software for the B58 to show meth flowing with the oil temp gauge? Have you done that yet? It would be really great to see the meth flow somewhere on the gauge cluster. Currently I’m watching it on the app with Bluetooth.
(#157)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 04-23-2018, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrhalo
Terry I thought I read in a post you were planning on updating the software for the B58 to show meth flowing with the oil temp gauge? Have you done that yet? It would be really great to see the meth flow somewhere on the gauge cluster. Currently Iím watching it on the app with Bluetooth.
In the V9 firmware you can have Timing (lowest/worst cylinder), AFR, or Meth display on the cruise control set point indicator. For meth, perform a menu 2 option 2 selection in the dash controls.

No ETA on adding it to the Oil Temp gauge yet. I like using Timing on the cruise control indicator.

2018 Audi RS3 | APR Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#158)
Old

Car: 2017 BMW 440i MPPK
Default 04-24-2018, 04:17 PM

Perfect, tested it all day and it works great! Lol
(#159)
Old

Default 11-28-2018, 08:36 PM

Quote:
I don't expect you'll have any problems. Also the latest firmware allows a wider range of WMI PWM control. Just because you have CM7 nozzles on does not mean you are always flowing them at 100%. That is up to the JB4. We can flow them as low as CM3s if needed and anywhere in between.
How can we adjust the WMI PWM ? What are the settings? Thanks.
(#160)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-29-2018, 10:29 AM

In most cases we don't suggest you do. But with V2 FSB click off on "PWM WMI PUMP" on WMI page, and enter fuel bias values by RPM for peak flow % you want at that engine speed, minimum of 30.

Burger Motorsports

(#161)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 12-11-2018, 12:57 AM

Best Iíve done with launch control and no traction in second gear either. Additive on 45, but target and actual arenít matching quite yet... still needs some tweaking.

| 2018 BMW 340i | M-Sport | Track Handling Package |
| Pure Stage 1 | MPE + ER down-pipe | BMS Intake | JB4 + MHD | BMS Meth Kit |
(#162)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 12-11-2018, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRDiesel
Best I’ve done with launch control and no traction in second gear either. Additive on 45, but target and actual aren’t matching quite yet... still needs some tweaking.
What's your current meth setup? Nozzles and meth mixture?

2018 Audi RS3 | APR Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#163)
Old

Default 12-11-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt1841
What's your current meth setup? Nozzles and meth mixture?
Dual CM7 + 100% meth on 40-45 additive

(#164)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-11-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Dual CM7 + 100% meth on 40-45 additive
120mph trap is very impressive.

Burger Motorsports

(#165)
Old

Default 12-11-2018, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
120mph trap is very impressive.
Yeah it's not bad, but i think it can do a little better if we hit that target boost...

(#166)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-11-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Yeah it's not bad, but i think it can do a little better if we hit that target boost...
Got a log of that run?

Burger Motorsports

(#167)
Old

Car: 2017 BMW 340i Xdrive
Default 12-21-2018, 08:37 AM

I run 100% meth, with dual cm7 setup, map 6 or map7 and donít experience any issues. Pulls so hard i get all 4 wheels spinning. And upsetting m3ís all day
(#168)
Old

Car: 2017 BMW 340iX
Default 12-21-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsorussian
I run 100% meth, with dual cm7 setup, map 6 or map7 and donít experience any issues. Pulls so hard i get all 4 wheels spinning. And upsetting m3ís all day
LOL

Any logs you can share?

Thanks,

Alex

2017 340iX with M track handling package, 6 speed manual, BMS intake, and JB4 piggyback; EWG and FP wires; 93 octane; and fun with Honda S2000; Ninja Z1000.
(#169)
Old

Car: 2011 E92 335i X Drive
Default No flow with methanol - 12-21-2018, 11:11 PM

I have a 2017 340ixdrive and I recently purchased a JB4 and WMI kit and got it all hooked up but I am not getting any methanol flow when driving. I used map 7 and have the latest firmware installed on my JB4 and still no flow. This is the second WMI kit I have installed(first one on my N55) and didn't have any issues on the first install. I triple checked all wires and grounds and everything is done per the guide. I'm also able to purge the system fine when I tap purge from the app. I will attach some logs. If anybody could help me out it would be appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-12-17 18_15_50_Map-2.csv (11.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: csv 2018-12-17 18_19_47_Map-2.csv (14.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: csv 2018-12-18 16_29_52_Map-7.csv (12.7 KB, 33 views)
File Type: csv 2018-12-18 16_18_01_Map-2.csv (35.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: csv 2018-12-18 12_11_45_Map-7.csv (10.3 KB, 37 views)
File Type: csv 2018-12-18 11_04_00_Map-7.csv (10.1 KB, 35 views)
(#170)
Old

Car: 2017 BMW 340i Xdrive
Default 12-22-2018, 05:14 AM

In the app of comp go to jb4 wmi settings and turn OFF all “ETHANOL SETUP” values.
I had same issue.
(#171)
Old

Default 12-22-2018, 07:45 AM

I'll try that thanks.
(#172)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-22-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsorussian
In the app of comp go to jb4 wmi settings and turn OFF all ďETHANOL SETUPĒ values.
I had same issue.
You can open the CSV and check the value under "E85 SETUP", appears he has them off already.

Burger Motorsports

(#173)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-22-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natlbar
I have a 2017 340ixdrive and I recently purchased a JB4 and WMI kit and got it all hooked up but I am not getting any methanol flow when driving. I used map 7 and have the latest firmware installed on my JB4 and still no flow. This is the second WMI kit I have installed(first one on my N55) and didn't have any issues on the first install. I triple checked all wires and grounds and everything is done per the guide. I'm also able to purge the system fine when I tap purge from the app. I will attach some logs. If anybody could help me out it would be appreciated.
Opened a couple logs and not seeing much full throttle. Meth does not engage during partial throttle operation.

Burger Motorsports

(#174)
Old

Default 12-22-2018, 12:21 PM

Another log with full throttle still no meth. Is it possible I may just need a new control board?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-12-19 00_04_44_Map-7.csv (12.3 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by natlbar; 12-22-2018 at 02:50 PM..
(#175)
Old

Default 12-24-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natlbar
Another log with full throttle still no meth. Is it possible I may just need a new control board?
Probably better off emailing support

For general technical support contact:
support@burgertuning.com