N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: e92
Default 11-28-2017, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushan
replaced both front O2 sensors, still randomly I get 2C31 or 2C32 , no cell display but I can feel it when it happen and read it form JB4 and delete it.

i'm suspecting this related to JB4 firmware or BMS MHD flash,

my friend also getting same O2 errors he is on JB4 and BMS pump flash and im same but with race flash and meth
Replacing front sensors did not help. Replacing rears too did. I'm not sure if the rear sensors were the actual problem. When I replaced the rears I also replaced the gaskets at the back of the down *****. It was clear by looking at them they were leak pretty badly.

My sense is the gaskets were a contributing problem at a minimum. The gaskets that ship with down ***** are thin and cheap. After a period of time they start leaking and along come these codes. OEM ones are very thick and are $30 each.

Maybe try gaskets first.
(#27)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 11-28-2017, 09:32 AM

You'd probably be able to hear an exhaust leak that would affect 02 error codes.

The codes for 02 in front of catalytic converter only apply to the sensors near turbo.

Do you have any *****, or other *****-type settings on via MHD, etc?

2017 AMG C63 -JB4
2009 535i - 548whp - sold
(#28)
Old

Car: e92
Default 11-28-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessIsMore
You'd probably be able to hear an exhaust leak that would affect 02 error codes.

The codes for 02 in front of catalytic converter only apply to the sensors near turbo.

I as far as I can tell the comment about those codes being related only to the front sensors is incorrect. I know it makes sense, but I’ve seen a number of posts out there indicating that if the rear sensors are not working the front ones cannot calibrate, despite a tune that “ignores” the rears. I can tell you for certain that I replaced my front o2s and the codes did not go away. As soon as I changed both back o2s all codes went away.

The codes were being thrown on all stages of the MHD tune.
(#29)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 11-28-2017, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdef
Replacing front sensors did not help. Replacing rears too did. I'm not sure if the rear sensors were the actual problem. When I replaced the rears I also replaced the gaskets at the back of the down *****. It was clear by looking at them they were leak pretty badly.

My sense is the gaskets were a contributing problem at a minimum. The gaskets that ship with down ***** are thin and cheap. After a period of time they start leaking and along come these codes. OEM ones are very thick and are $30 each.

Maybe try gaskets first.
I will double check the gasket but I'm sure i tight it and no visible leak or noise. But can double check and re-tight again

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#30)
Old
Legend

Default 11-28-2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessIsMore

I have the last BMS race flash perior to the Dppps error change so I should be fine with it, the issue that it not showing cell error but I can feel when the error happens as it little jerk and when I read from JB4 the error is there and can be deleted, I notice it happened on cruising on high gears mostly when I give it little throttle that why I'm suspecting it JB4 or flash related more than actuall O2 fault even I replaced them both just to make sure, also my friend having same fault on BMS pump flash so I guess it's not O2 sensor

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#31)
Old
Legend

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 11-28-2017, 04:11 PM

Try removing Jb4 board and check if touches anywhere and causes a short circuit , hope this makes sense.

Bmw E90 2007 AT 335xi MSD80,Jb4 G5 ISO,
Full Bolt Ons, Ps2 turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3

Do more with less !
(#32)
Old
Legend

Default 12-02-2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebrailbakan
Try removing Jb4 board and check if touches anywhere and causes a short circuit , hope this makes sense.
I was thinking to recheck and clean all the JB4 subcontractors if it doesn't work I'm planning to roll back on firmware or flash and see to eliminate those 2 also

(#33)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-02-2017, 06:21 PM

JB4 log?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#34)
Old
Legend

Default 12-03-2017, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
JB4 log?
Hi Terry, I just reset the lambda adaption to override the error, ibwill take 100 mile to start again so I will log and post both with adaption reset and after when it start the errors

(#35)
Old
Legend

Default 12-11-2017, 02:51 PM

I was checking something with my bms race flash and noticed on the flash xdf there is 4 tables for the something O2 and use single rear O2 which for some reason they were enabled I guess value 56 which to disable should be 00

I thought I was running the previous flash prior to the latest flash that been set to enabled of the o2 for emission compliance.

So do i need to set them to disable 00 and could that be the reason that I was getting random 2c31 and 2c32 on jb4 read error but not CEL? Or that irrelevant?

(#36)
Old

Car: 08 335i
Default 2c31 error message - 02-06-2018, 08:11 AM

Hi Rushan,

Were you able to fix this code? I am getting this error code. Changed all the sensors too. Please let me know.

i am due for emissions and need this fixed to pass emissions. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sunil
(#37)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 02-06-2018, 08:56 AM

Log? Reset adaptions?

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#38)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 02-06-2018, 08:04 PM

I suggested that 02 settings in the tune might be responsible earlier. So did Steve. Seems that was the issue.

I am assuming OP got it resolved with what his last post mentioned, since he hasn't posted back here.

2017 AMG C63 -JB4
2009 535i - 548whp - sold
(#39)
Old

Car: 2010 e90 335xi
Default 02-22-2018, 06:04 AM

Rushan - Sent you a PM but never heard back... Were you able to fix this? Was it the flash settings and, if so, did your buddy running the PUMP BEF also fix his?

I have the same issue.

2010 e90 335i xDrive - M-Sport - Premium - Cold Weather
JB4 - AFE DCI - VRSF 3" ** - VRSF 7" FMIC - Cobb CP - Bilstein B6/Eibach Pro-Kit - Staggered Klutch KM-20 19"
(#40)
Old
Legend

Default 02-23-2018, 01:50 PM

Ok here how I solved my issue, front new O2 didn't help and didn't remove the front O2 errors hence the error refere to front O2.

Rear working OEM didn't sort it and I tried to give those bosch universal with quick connector a try from Amazon as they 41.7 USD each so I bought 2 ( Bosch 15733 Oxygen Sensor, Universal Type Fitment) and it worked perfectly, didn't even reset adaption and error went away and car running smooth for almost 2k miles,

My friend had same front O2 error we also did the same to him and it also worked perfectly no more error.

For some reason the front o2 error is related to the rear O2 and those Bosch O2 worked perfectly and they are way cheaper than OEM and identical. You transfer the heat shield from your original rear sensor and connect to the same old c9nnector.

Cheap fix that works 100% and cost 83.4$ for both