N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 08-15-2016, 12:46 AM

Flashed to recent MHD backend and got shadow 2FDB "Fuel high pressure nach freigabe der Einspritzung". Read half of the internet on the subject, and seems to popup only after DME updates, with no relation to any real problem.

Some said it's only in combination of MHD and inline pump upgrades.. Ignoring it for now.

------------------------------------------------------------
2007 335i MT N54
MHD+JB4 Garret GTW3684 ST
FMIC, **, 3" *****, Fuel-It Stage 1, MF LSD.
------------------------------------------------------------
(#27)
Old
Demigod

Car: N55 135i
Default 08-15-2016, 01:34 AM

Quote:
I recently had my pump power and ground wires melt together inside of the tank
Have I read that right Wouldn't that be quite dangerous!

UK 2011 - E82- 135i - N55 - DCT

JB4 | BMS OCC | N20 TMap | Fuel-It! PI | AIC6 PI Controller | Fuel-It! Fuel Lines | Fuel-It! Stage 2 LPFP | Continental In-line E Sensor | ER Charge Pipe | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Pure High Flow Inlet | GFB DV+ | Richter C'less D/Pipe | Berk Race Full Exhaust | MFactory Pro Helical LSD (75% Bias Ratio) | eDiff Disabled Via Coding | MFactory Solid Diff Bushes | Diff Lockdown Bracket | Custom 98G0B BEF | NGK 5992s (0.020")
(#28)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 08-15-2016, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell1
I get the e code also.
Not real happy about it!

datalog --> http://www.***********/u/iminhell1/lo...0&data=4-15-23

This car is a return system as far as I understand. My Focus was returnless. When my pressure logs looked this ****ty I had to tune the PID controller for the pump (gain). All fell in line and I never threw another pump code.
How is the BMW pump controlled?
It's not a returnless system, the stock FPR is in the tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikh335xi
Terry may be onto something with Pump Current throwing that code, I recently had my pump power and ground wires melt together inside of the tank. Too much current will cause heat, then all of a sudden I started getting that code and the Idrive message.

I've had that pump in there for damn near 50k miles and one day it died while driving, no low fuel pressure, found the wires melted together.

Since then I've kept an eye on fuel pressure and AFR's and nothing is underperforming.

Someone over at BMS had suggested to me that using the gates hose will clog up the fuel filter on the driver's side and make the pump work pretty hard, but it looks like you have a Fuel It setup.

Idk that might all be useless information but hopefully it helps someone in finding out why this code is being thrown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyap
Have I read that right Wouldn't that be quite dangerous!
Did that happen with a stock pump?

We have seen evidence of a clogged filter on a car that had been running gates hose and E85 for a long period of time. They had multiple failures with that hose prior to switching to our Stage 2. When we found that their tank had a blackish residue in it, they replaced the drivers side filter and we broke the old one apart to find that is was clogged up with black goo. It was pretty nasty and we had to clean out the entire inside of the tank.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#29)
Old

Car: Bmw Z4 E89 35i
Default 11-17-2016, 01:37 PM

Anyone find the solution for the fuel pump failure with the stage 2 kit??
(#30)
Old

Car: 08' E90 335xi
Default 11-17-2016, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_Rs
Anyone find the solution for the fuel pump failure with the stage 2 kit??
Are you referring to the fuel pump warning with the car on the lift?

02' E46 325ci 5MT- Totaled.
03' E46 330xi 5AT- Sold.
05' E46 M3 SMG- Sold.
08' E90 335xi 6AT- Totaled.
07' E92 335i 6MT- Current.
JB4, E85 MHD Hybrid BEF, FBO, VTT Inlets, Stage 2 LPFP, ADE PI, Spec 3 Clutch, SMFW, N20 TMAP, VTT 2+ 19T Unclipped, Mfactory LSD, HPF Exhaust, HPF OCC, Diff Lockdown, BMS Oil Thermostat Bypass thingamajig.
(#31)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-18-2016, 09:34 AM

A few have done this on the N55...it may be able to be changed on the N54 as well.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42012

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#32)
Old

Car: E90 LCI 335i
Default 11-26-2016, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
A few have done this on the N55...it may be able to be changed on the N54 as well.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42012
I applied a similar change to what torr did for the N55 and it worked for the N54 too!

Anyone can feel free to send me a PM if they're already familiar with NCS Expert and I can give them a custom EKPM60_3.C13 file with changes that apply to their coding. I will eventually do a guide.
(#33)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-27-2016, 10:29 AM

Nice work!

(#34)
Old

Car: 07 335i 6mt
Default 01-26-2017, 04:10 PM

Srry for the bump... whats a "ekpg"??
(#35)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 535i Sport
Send a message via Yahoo to Ocean
Default 01-26-2017, 07:41 PM

Fuel management module. Little white box on right side of trunk, near filler on inside.

Sleeper 5 series
Performance: Pro tuned MHD, xHP Stage 3 TCU flash, DCI, AR kittens, ER FMIC & CP, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP w ported rail, RB turbos, RB inlets, KW V2, Mfactory LSD
Audio: Jehnert Flatline speakers, Mobridge M1000 DA2 digital preamp, Helix P-DSP, Zapco Z-150.6 amp, CIC iDrive upgrade
(#36)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-27-2017, 10:39 AM

EKP is usually a black and the location of it differs from model to model.

(#37)
Old

Car: m1235 2013 f20 n55
Default 01-27-2017, 01:26 PM

i had this problem too i replace EKP and build heat sink

m135 2013 at-8 PWG STG2 PureTurbo **-ER CP IC NGK plugs inlet pure tmap 3.5 meth kit cm10
JB4 pump fuel stg2 fuel-it
(#38)
Old

Car: 09 335xi
Default 11-09-2017, 06:53 PM

Steve,

Resurrecting this thread. I had an issue today where my car was running great. On the way home I accelerated a bit before a turn and then downshifted, took the turn nice and then went to get on it a little bit. The car died/shut off, pulled to the side of the road. It wouldn't start. Suspected it was flooded after I saw a fuel pump code on the dashboard. I was able to get it to start after a few tries & waiting a few minutes. Each time it would go to about 400rpm and bump around and once I let my foot off the brake pedal it would die.

Codes are:

2C7B Lambda probe behind *** converter, signal
29DC Cylinder injection switch-off

2aae Fuel Pump
2fca Fuel high pressure
2fda fuel high pressure 2

Thoughts?

Stage 2 bucket, looks like 72-73psi low fuel pressure from my logs a few months back.

It happened after just getting gas.

Thanks
(#39)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-09-2017, 11:40 PM

Kind of sounds like your EKP. If those overheat, you won't be able to restart until it cools back down.

(#40)
Old

Car: 09 335xi
Default 11-10-2017, 10:41 AM

Thanks Steve. If I were to buy a new one & code it myself, that should resolve it you think? I don't know if I want to risk having it happen again if not. My car is driving exceptionally well this winter and I think it just can't keep up. Probably why it wasn't as well during summer, and varied different days. The first time I tried to start it it almost sounded like a rod dropped. Drives perfect. Super fast again today though. Which worries me on the overheating.
(#41)
Old

Car: Bmw Z4 E89 35i
Default 11-11-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikh335xi
Are you referring to the fuel pump warning with the car on the lift?
yes thats what i;m saying, its very annoying
(#42)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 11-12-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawhiz
Thanks Steve. If I were to buy a new one & code it myself, that should resolve it you think? I don't know if I want to risk having it happen again if not. My car is driving exceptionally well this winter and I think it just can't keep up. Probably why it wasn't as well during summer, and varied different days. The first time I tried to start it it almost sounded like a rod dropped. Drives perfect. Super fast again today though. Which worries me on the overheating.
From the symptoms, itís worth a shot.

http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
(#43)
Old

Car: E60 535i
Default 11-29-2017, 12:21 AM

I’ve had this 2aae code ever since I first modded it. Been through 4 hpfp and now have a fuel it stage 2 lpfp set up. Changed ekp, changed lpfp sensor nothing works. Even charging up the battery to see. Just very annoying. Switching over to mhd flash soon and hopefully it was the cobb.

2008 535i AT

(Pure Stage 2 + Dr. Euro D/P + VRSF Inlets/Outlets + ER FMIC + ER Charge Pipe + Tial BOV + BMS Filters + Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP + Full catback + MHD Flash + KW V1) - (Cobb V2 + V3 sitting in a box) = Broke
(#44)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-29-2017, 09:38 AM

2aae is just a shadow code and is often disabled in the flash.

(#45)
Old

Car: E60 535i
Default 11-29-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
2aae is just a shadow code and is often disabled in the flash.

Thatís what I keep reading. Itís just really annoying. I sometimes get the 2aaf as well.

2008 535i AT

(Pure Stage 2 + Dr. Euro D/P + VRSF Inlets/Outlets + ER FMIC + ER Charge Pipe + Tial BOV + BMS Filters + Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP + Full catback + MHD Flash + KW V1) - (Cobb V2 + V3 sitting in a box) = Broke