N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 09-05-2017, 11:48 AM

Try lowering FOL to 60.

To run more ethanol will likely need and LPFP and port injection upgrade. The stock fuel system won't support it.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#77)
Old

Car: BMW M135I
Default 09-05-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Try lowering FOL to 60.

To run more ethanol will likely need and LPFP and port injection upgrade. The stock fuel system won't support it.
Why do you recommend me to lower FOL to 60?
The car runs just fine with my current settings.
Ive had some discussions with a Swedish tuner, that really dislikes JB4, and he stated that the HPFP in the M135 F-series is good for up to 500hp but that the LPFP needs to be replaced above 400hp..
They did not mention one word about PI, which makes me very sceptical about their statements and this discussions was the reason behind my previous question.
(#78)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-05-2017, 11:01 PM

Because your HPFP is crashing and FOL too high can cause that.

If it runs just fine then why are we having this discussion? Your HPFP crashed in 6th gear at 5700 rpms...if you don't want the input...then lets save the time and move on.

Let us know how it works out for you and your tuner.
Attached Images

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#79)
Old

Car: 2016 F25 X4 M40i (N55)
Default 09-06-2017, 09:31 AM

Snowman is the luckiest guy here lol, 4 pages of support

Steve, if HPFP passes thru 10-11 for less than 500rpm but comes up again do u consider that a crash ?

F90 M5 Comp - @BM3Tuning 100-200 5.29s / 60-130 6.5s
F97 X3M Comp - Tuning Soon!

F80 ZCP DCT Tune Only | @BM3Tuning Stg1+ E85 60-130mph 6.7s "World Record Dragy Verified"
-BM3 E30 60-130mph 7.6s

16' X4 M40i CTSTurbo D.P/FMIC BM3 STG2 93 4.19s 0-60 | 12.4@109mph 1/4 m
(#80)
Old

Default 09-06-2017, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frikiton

Steve, if HPFP passes thru 10-11 for less than 500rpm but comes up again do u consider that a crash ?
Hehe well ive had different questions all the time basicly, asking different questions
When i got the codes HPFP actually never went near 10.. So it seems like it can "crash" anyway.

Quote:
Because your HPFP is crashing and FOL too high can cause that.

If it runs just fine then why are we having this discussion? Your HPFP crashed in 6th gear at 5700 rpms...if you don't want the input...then lets save the time and move on.

Let us know how it works out for you and your tuner.
Sorry there must have been a missunderstanding, i just wanted your opinion on my last post regarding LPFP upgrade.
I have already done some changes to the map to prevent the HPFP from crashing, lowering boost targets and also FOL.

I'm not using this tuner-guy since they actually are a competitor to you and they stated some things (that the LPFP is the weak link in the F-series N55) that i did not belive since ive read about and also experienced a HPFP crash..
So i just wanted your opinion on what the weak link in the F-series N55 was the LPFP and therefore my previous problems actually could be fixed by buying just a LPFP upgrade.

In my book i would need LPFP and PI to get more power since im maxing out my HPFP.
This company claims i ONLY need a LPFP and then i will be able to push forward, which does not make sense from what ive learnt since i got the JB4..
(#81)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-06-2017, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frikiton

No, but when it goes from 15-3 at WOT, I do consider that a crash.

Snowman, as you know, we sell LPFP's...for the F-series N55...the LPFP alone won't do much if the stock one is healthy. You have to supplement the HPFP as well and when you add PI, then you need to do the LPFP. That has been our experience and if you research on here...you'll find that has typically been the case. The E-series, that's a different story as the HPFP is much more capable.

(#82)
Old

Default 09-09-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
No, but when it goes from 15-3 at WOT, I do consider that a crash.

Snowman, as you know, we sell LPFP's...for the F-series N55...the LPFP alone won't do much if the stock one is healthy. You have to supplement the HPFP as well and when you add PI, then you need to do the LPFP. That has been our experience and if you research on here...you'll find that has typically been the case. The E-series, that's a different story as the HPFP is much more capable.
Thanks again Steve!
You and everyone at BMS are doing a great job!

That was my impression aswell and i thought from the begining that the guys at the other company was full of BS..
Im even more glad now, that i didnt go for their remap..
(#83)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2017, 09:57 PM