N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-05-2017, 03:40 PM

That is incorrect... It goes on one of the JB4 red wires going to the TMAP sensor.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old

Car: 2013 N55 135is
Default 04-05-2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
That is incorrect... It goes on one of the JB4 red wires going to the TMAP sensor.
Crap, I wonder if this has any effect on the performance of the vehicle. Do you have a picture of the wires/install? I'm wondering where you're connecting/inserting the splitter.

I have 2 red wires coming out of the JB4 to the sensors. Which one should I connect the BT kit to?

2013 E82 135is N55 JB4-BEF FBO

Last edited by inevitab1e; 04-05-2017 at 03:55 PM..
(#28)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 04-05-2017, 11:27 PM

Either red wire in that bundle.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#29)
Old

Default 04-06-2017, 09:51 AM

Can we get a sticky about this (or an update in documentation for the connect kit)?

'12 N55 e82 | MEVD1762 | DCT | CP | d0wnP1p3e sans meow | 7" IC | PPK1 | PE | JB4 ISO | BMS OCC | BMS Intake | PS2 | Stg2 LPFP | N20
Waiting to go in: BMS WMI kit
(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2017, 09:38 PM

I took that picture from the first post of the 3rd party app thread that is stickied.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#31)
Old

Car: 2011 335i Convertible
Default 04-07-2017, 10:26 AM

WARNING - DO NOT USE THE ATTACHED INSTRUCTIONS!!

I also had it installed to the 12v power from the JB4 and have been having connection issues where I can connect, but eventually the readings will freeze and I have to reboot it. Even then it doesn't always come back. It was something that I was going to look into this spring as the car is just coming back on the road.

I've been trying to figure out how I screwed up a 1 wire install especially with the pictures shown in this thread. Then I found the install instructions that I used when I installed my connect kit in July/Aug last year. I've attached it to this post. The instructions clearly direct you to wire it into the JB4 power wire. I'm going to send a message to the creator to see if I can do something to find out if I fried my connect kit.

2011 335i - JB4 ISO | MHD E85 PI BEF | Exhaust Mods | CP | 5" stepped FMIC | BMS Meth Injection | BMS Intake | Pure Stage 2 | Pure Inlet | FF wires | Fuel It Stage 2 | DV+ | N20 TMAP | Ethanol mix
(#32)
Old

Default 04-07-2017, 11:03 AM

Yup! This is what I followed as well, and ended up with the same problem. Good thing I didn't go changing parts around thinking something was wrong when it was just the instructions

'12 N55 e82 | MEVD1762 | DCT | CP | d0wnP1p3e sans meow | 7" IC | PPK1 | PE | JB4 ISO | BMS OCC | BMS Intake | PS2 | Stg2 LPFP | N20
Waiting to go in: BMS WMI kit
(#33)
Old

Car: 11 135i
Default 06-18-2017, 04:52 PM

Damn back to report I still have those initial codes as per op AND my bt kit has been swapped back to 5 volt.
Any chance the bt module can be damaged? It went away for a few months and has now come back after pulling wiring apart for pi connection.

2011 135i Dct coupe Alpine white n blacked out.
VTT DBB,Pure Inlet, JB4,GFB DV+,MHD,Fuel-it Platinum PI with Cm 5 - 50:50 Meth, E85, N20 tmap, Fuel It S2 lpfp, KB Boost A Spark, BMS IC /CP / IT / OCC, SG Boost Pipe, Quaife LSD, Federal RS-RR,M4 Flywheel, SSP R spec clutches, Kw V3 & Pro rolled guards, AR CL **, Bmw PE. Custom mi**ipe kitties. 1000wrms custom audio.
(#34)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-18-2017, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tho
Where did you find those directions exactly?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#35)
Old

Car: 11 135i
Default 06-18-2017, 10:45 PM

Ive bought a replacement rev3 see what happens eh

2011 135i Dct coupe Alpine white n blacked out.
VTT DBB,Pure Inlet, JB4,GFB DV+,MHD,Fuel-it Platinum PI with Cm 5 - 50:50 Meth, E85, N20 tmap, Fuel It S2 lpfp, KB Boost A Spark, BMS IC /CP / IT / OCC, SG Boost Pipe, Quaife LSD, Federal RS-RR,M4 Flywheel, SSP R spec clutches, Kw V3 & Pro rolled guards, AR CL **, Bmw PE. Custom mi**ipe kitties. 1000wrms custom audio.
(#36)
Old

Car: 2011 335i Convertible
Default 06-19-2017, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Where did you find those directions exactly?
Unfortunately, I don't know exactly where I downloaded the directions from. I must have downloaded the instructions either at the time of purchase or when it got delivered. But from where I can't remember. Sorry.

2011 335i - JB4 ISO | MHD E85 PI BEF | Exhaust Mods | CP | 5" stepped FMIC | BMS Meth Injection | BMS Intake | Pure Stage 2 | Pure Inlet | FF wires | Fuel It Stage 2 | DV+ | N20 TMAP | Ethanol mix