N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default smell of fuel in chargepipe after PI install - 07-01-2016, 09:34 AM

My chinese junk cp is giving me a hard time. So i removed it to try to grind down some material to fit better..

I am smelling fuel in the chargepipe though. I just installed PI 2 days ago, don't even know if it works cause this damn CP pops off every time I go to log lol.

Is this going to be normal?

335- stock
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 07-01-2016, 10:08 AM

You need to verify your PI installation and post logs in the support section so we can verify it is working properly.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old

Default 07-01-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
You need to verify your PI installation and post logs in the support section so we can verify it is working properly.
Pretty sure everything is correct. Actually waiting for a new line from you. Getting it tomorrow! Thanks

I can't find any info on what to change in the Jb4 interface

335- stock
(#4)
Old
Enginerd

Car: 2009 135i
Default 07-01-2016, 11:48 AM

Just set your AFR bias to 50 across the board, and it will enable the PI in the JB4.

--2009 BMW 135i--2016 Nissan Titan XD (Turbo Cummins ISV)--2016 VW Tiguan 2.0Tsi --1988 Beechcraft Bonanza--Suzuki GSX-R 1000--Honda CBR-600RR--

JB4 G5 ISO | MHD | E85 | Fuel-It S3 LPFP / PI | MFactory S3+ Clutch / SMFW / LSD / Mounts | Diff Lock | UUC Tranny Mounts | DwnPipes / Exhaust / FMIC | Chargepipe / Tial | KW V3s | HR Sways | HPA full M3 Suspension | BMS DCI / Oil Cooler Valve / Cowl Filters / 4bar / 2Step / OCC | RB PCV | Stri Gauges | Pole Position 225/265 | Installing: DR 6466ST
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 07-01-2016, 12:19 PM

In the port injection thread...3rd post from Terry.

"Directions:

1) For this to work the JB4 needs the latest 24k22 programming on the slave chip. Any G5 board shipped after 11/1/2015 will have this programming already. For older boards you can update it by adding the anti-lag chip on our upgrades page.
2) You'll also need a wire with a DSUB pin. You can order $10 SLD wires on our upgrades page to scavenge a wire for this purpose or crimp a DSUB pin on any loose wire.
3) The green wire on the AIC6 will be routed to the JB4 DATA/USB/BLUE TOOTH connector position #9. If the AIC6 has our PNP harness on it you can simply cut off the male/female wire we've attached and splice that wire in to a wire going to #9 on the DATA CABLE.

4) Load the JB4_INT AIC6 fuel maps using the R4 software. This fuel map is setup to transfer full AIC6 control over to the JB4 directly.
5) Ensure the JB4 has v31.9 or newer (Twin Turbo) or v12.5 or newer (Single Turbo) firmware.
6) Ensure your JB4 windows interface or JB4 Mobile interface is the latest version.
7) With this new logic "fuel enrichment" within JB4 logs represents the port injection dutycycle. And AFR bias is now used for adjusting the port injection system. Set all AFR bias values to 50 as a starting point and only change if you're experienced in evaluating logs."

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#6)
Old

Default 07-01-2016, 01:09 PM

Thank you sir

not sure about #2 on that list though

335- stock