N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: e90 2007 335i
Default hello everyone!!! - 11-17-2013, 01:03 PM

Okay I face the facts..I am a complete noob to the N54 world. I have a e90 2007 335i..with skyrocketing oil temps due to no oil cooler configuration. I bought my car in may and I love it to death!!! But within the first couole months I overheated on the freeway, transmission sleeve went out, transmission oil pan cracked, water pump was replaced and so was the thermostat and coolant, battery replaced, and brake pads...total in 2 months I spent fixing it was $2,900..military dont get paid that much..so im taking a beating as I have to keep it..so me and my wife and daughter are in a situation. And I think who the heck would buy a 07 335i for 27k? But id like to keep it. So I have got the JB3, merrill performance custom exhaust, dci, carbon fiber engine cover. So its not much on it..and she is still a beast!! Im sure I will be on here talkin to people so I can start doin work on my car myself..I am a diesel mechanic..not a bimmer mechanic.lol..nice to meet you all!!!
(#2)
Old

Car: 335xi Sport
Default 11-22-2013, 07:22 AM

Welcome to a very fun car! Sorry to hear about your problems, however at $2700 I don't think that is a bad price for what you have had done! I have no idea what a tranny sleeve is? Other than that, all the other stuff are easy do it yourself !!!

Search this forum, plenty of mods for your car!

You bought your car for $27k? Seems high! I was going to sell mine for $15k!

2013 335i M-Sport - 6MT - Not too many mods.....Yet !
(#3)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 535i Sport
Send a message via Yahoo to Ocean
Default 11-22-2013, 04:27 PM

Seems you have done the basic maintenance overhaul expected for a car of that vintage.
Other things to look out for is the oil filter housing. Good idea to replace all the gaskets as it can leak onto the main drive belt.
Front bushings and lower control arms.
That's about it, should be good for many trouble free miles.

Sleeper 5 series
Performance: Pro tuned MHD, xHP Stage 3 TCU flash, DCI, AR kittens, ER FMIC & CP, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP w ported rail, RB turbos, RB inlets, KW V2, Mfactory LSD
Audio: Jehnert Flatline speakers, Mobridge M1000 DA2 digital preamp, Helix P-DSP, Zapco Z-150.6 amp, CIC iDrive upgrade
(#4)
Old

Car: e90 2007 335i
Default 11-23-2013, 11:28 PM

Well honestly I am considering selling her but like I said who would buy it for that much? Ma8nly bc im In the navy and im transfer8ng to texas..I dont have a oil cooler and shes gonna die out there..I know it.