N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#601)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 07-17-2011, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolingmist
you would likely get a CM10, however when you order from Terry, just ask him what injector size, he will fix you up.

CM
Hey Terry, wasnt sure where to ask this. But do you know the answer to this question? Car is FBO 6mt Thanks
(#602)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 07-17-2011, 09:09 AM

Ive missed out on a lot of this thread. Is there a diagram for wiring the JB4, FSB, and solenoid? I am thinking of ditching my VC2 and I want to see if I can still do that. Or would I need a different FSB?

Thanks

(#603)
Old

Car: 135I, Lotus Elise
Default 07-17-2011, 09:12 AM

why on earth would you do that?
(#604)
Old

Default 07-17-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
why on earth would you do that?
Easier install/uninstall. Maybe it is a waste of time and effort.

"This kit integrates with the JB4 tuning system using the included FSB controller which allows for precise methanol solenoid mapping based on boost, throttle position, RPM, air intake temperature, advance, and other data elements available to the JB4 through its CANbus system."

And that does hurt either.

Last edited by GbreeE90; 07-17-2011 at 09:23 AM..
(#605)
Old

Default 07-17-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbreeE90
Easier install/uninstall. Maybe it is a waste of time and effort.

"This kit integrates with the JB4 tuning system using the included FSB controller which allows for precise methanol solenoid mapping based on boost, throttle position, RPM, air intake temperature, advance, and other data elements available to the JB4 through its CANbus system."

And that does hurt either.
Your kit has the pump, controller and all wiring inside the tank. Removal should be simple.

If you are keeping the 2.2 gallon tank, there is no advantage to going with the FSB kit only. The advantage of that is using the stock WWF tank. Otherwise, you still have the line running to the back of the car.

Unless you are getting rid of the pro tank, I dont think you are thinking this through.

Having said that, if you prefer FSB only you need to send the FSB to us to flash to work with the Jb4. When you do that, the VC2 will not work with the FSB again.

Hope that helps.

CM
(#606)
Old

Default 07-17-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Your kit has the pump, controller and all wiring inside the tank. Removal should be simple.

If you are keeping the 2.2 gallon tank, there is no advantage to going with the FSB kit only. The advantage of that is using the stock WWF tank. Otherwise, you still have the line running to the back of the car.

Unless you are getting rid of the pro tank, I dont think you are thinking this through.

Having said that, if you prefer FSB only you need to send the FSB to us to flash to work with the Jb4. When you do that, the VC2 will not work with the FSB again.

Hope that helps.

CM
Okay thanks for the advice. I am just going to stick with the VC2. Theres just so many wires to run through the interior, thats what made me start thinking about switching to FSB only.

Thanks!

(#607)
Old

Default 07-17-2011, 09:56 AM

Both make great solutions and we want you to be happy no matter what version you have.

If you need help with yours just let us know.

CM
(#608)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 07-17-2011, 10:18 AM

i need something pretty to stick in the 2.3 gallon tank's hole since i use the fsb only. coolingmist, come up with a cheap blank plate with a nice logo on it or maybe some sticker options! ;D
(#609)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancejat
Maybe terry can make a light come on when meth is spraying.......not sure which one though
May do that also. We could use one of the blinkers as a shift light and one for a meth indicator when meth flow is in range.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#610)
Old

Car: FBO 335xi w/FSB 50/50 meth
Default 07-17-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
May do that also. We could use one of the blinkers as a shift light and one for a meth indicator when meth flow is in range.
Any possible way to illuminate the active cruise lights for meth flow?
(#611)
Old
C63 AMG

Default 07-17-2011, 11:57 AM

What about the "high beams" sign for meth flow?
(#612)
Old

Car: 2009 135i
Default 07-17-2011, 12:15 PM

high beams would be a pretty cool idea if possible! I cannot wait til this new set up comes out I feel like I check 15 times a day to see if its been released yet lol
(#613)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2011, 01:18 PM

I've been poking around for another light to highjack on the dash but so far only have figured out the left and right blinkers.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#614)
Old

Car: 335 coupe
Default 07-17-2011, 01:22 PM

Sweet, i was just about to run an led off the power wire but now i will wait
(#615)
Old

Car: 335i 318ti
Default 07-17-2011, 02:46 PM

Cruise control indicator on the speedo???
(#616)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 07-17-2011, 04:37 PM

I want meth on my 5er. A 6'5" family man that needs a bigger car should get to have fun too!

This has been a great learning thread for me. Now to put a few more sheckles away as just blew my car *****.

Plus side is the new mileage rate is .555 should help some

Schwartz | Premium | Sport | Nav | Sat | Paddles | PDC | Lead Foot | Convenience | hard wired 9500ix | Matte Grill | JB4 | BMS DCI | smoked side markers | LI dual jammers | Rear spoiler
(#617)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2011, 09:06 PM

Some of the brackets came in yesterday!

We now have enough supplies for around 10 kits tomorrow, and around 10 on Friday. So we'll leave this link up until 20 orders come in. We've got more stuff on the way from CM so it shouldn't be too much longer for more kits.

It's at the bottom of this page. We left it marked out of stock but will remove order button when they are actually out.

http://www.burgertuning.com/meth.html
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#618)
Old

Default 07-17-2011, 09:31 PM

ordered!!! lookin forward to the new meth integration 7/12 updates, when will we be able to get this?!
(#619)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 07-17-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Some of the brackets came in yesterday!

We now have enough supplies for around 10 kits tomorrow, and around 10 on Friday. So we'll leave this link up until 20 orders come in. We've got more stuff on the way from CM so it shouldn't be too much longer for more kits.

It's at the bottom of this page. We left it marked out of stock but will remove order button when they are actually out.

http://www.burgertuning.com/meth.html
I got screwed. My bracket never had the Burger Motorsport logo
Just kidding Terry, I count myself lucky that I have the kit installed and enjoying this it. You guys are gonna love this meth kit.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#620)
Old

Default 07-17-2011, 09:36 PM

dirty dog, howd the install go? im pretty handy so not too worried bout it, and hows your car runnin with it hooked up? I'm extremely excited for gettin this set up as you can tell haha
(#621)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 07-17-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmg20gmt
dirty dog, howd the install go? im pretty handy so not too worried bout it, and hows your car runnin with it hooked up? I'm extremely excited for gettin this set up as you can tell haha
Install was a snap except I drained my battery by over priming the pump. It was my fault. Only been driving with it installed for only 24 hours but all I can say is WOW!!!!

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#622)
Old

Default 07-17-2011, 09:41 PM

hahaha okay, I will try and not make the same mistake as you did But glad to hear you're enjoyin it.
(#623)
Old

Car: 08 135i
Default 07-17-2011, 10:17 PM

ordered!

APR Stage 2+ MK6 Golf R
(#624)
Old

Car: 2011 335is
Default 07-17-2011, 10:42 PM

Grrr Im going to have to wait a little before I order this ...Would love to see some install instructions ahead of though!

2011 335is Le Mans Blue l Black Interior l Convenience Package l iDrive l Heated Seats l Manual Trans l JB4 l BMS DCI l AWE BOV
Order Date: 4/12/11
Delivery: 5/30/11
(#625)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-17-2011, 11:09 PM

They are in the first post.

Burger Motorsports