N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
-Methodology-

Car: 2013 BMW 335si (Convertable)
Red face Please help new to forums - 12-09-2018, 05:06 PM

Hello everyone id live some help if anyone knows what I am going through in have a 2013 335is convertible that has a rebuilt salvage title got hit front left side. It got fixed up and got stamp of approval. I got it from the guy who had it before me and he didnít have cadilidic converters on the car and I had to buy them and have my mechanic put them in. The car has dual cone filters down pipe charge pipe and it has jb4 installed he said it was the older version now my question is is there a way to tel what jb4 I have installed on my car. And do I have to just update it to be on the most recent one or do I have to buy another whole new unit of jb4 and uninstall the old one and install the new one?

And also when I started the car the temp outside was cold like 25f the car was doing a hiccup jerking forward while in park has anyone ever experienced this best I can describe it is I started the car and it started to like jerk forward only does it a little then stops then hiccups again did it for like 4 min until the car warmed up then it stopped. If there is anyone that can please help me I would really appreciate it.

Methodolgy
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 12-09-2018, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodologysN54
Hello everyone id live some help if anyone knows what I am going through in have a 2013 335is convertible that has a rebuilt salvage title got hit front left side. It got fixed up and got stamp of approval. I got it from the guy who had it before me and he didnít have cadilidic converters on the car and I had to buy them and have my mechanic put them in. The car has dual cone filters down pipe charge pipe and it has jb4 installed he said it was the older version now my question is is there a way to tel what jb4 I have installed on my car. And do I have to just update it to be on the most recent one or do I have to buy another whole new unit of jb4 and uninstall the old one and install the new one?

And also when I started the car the temp outside was cold like 25f the car was doing a hiccup jerking forward while in park has anyone ever experienced this best I can describe it is I started the car and it started to like jerk forward only does it a little then stops then hiccups again did it for like 4 min until the car warmed up then it stopped. If there is anyone that can please help me I would really appreciate it.
Hi-

Easiest would be to post a picture of the JB4 board to determine if you have a new or old board.

Cold start issue you are describing could be anything from e85 in the cold, hpfp, injectors... etc etc- wed need to see a log tbh.

http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
(#3)
Old
-Methodology-

Car: 2013 BMW 335si (Convertable)
Default 12-10-2018, 09:37 PM

hello thank you for the reply I'm sorry i don't know where the board is located and how i would go about opening it up where ever it is under the hood if there is some kind of video showing how to get to where it is at would help.what does HPFP stand for?

Methodolgy