N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
soccerman1bmw soccerman1bmw is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 37
Join Date: Aug 2017
Car: 2007 BMW 335i 4D
Default Log please help - 06-19-2018, 06:13 PM

2007 335i map 7 fbo e85 bef 60% e85

I noticed it seemed to be under target more then usual l. Ive attached 2 logs that are map 7 and 1 thatís map 2 earlier in the same day.Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-06-19 19_00_26.csv (12.5 KB, 80 views)
File Type: csv 2018-06-19 19_03_52.csv (13.1 KB, 47 views)
File Type: csv 2018-06-19 15_17_52.csv (11.4 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by soccerman1bmw; 06-19-2018 at 06:20 PM..
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 6,141
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 06-19-2018, 10:05 PM

Map 2 looks a lot happier than the map 7 logs.

Timing doesn’t look very happy on map 7- enable 6 cyl logging under user adjustments.

Have you measured your ethanol content?

Let’s get another log of map 2 with 6 cyl timing enables, once that’s sorted, we can work back up to map 7.



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
soccerman1bmw soccerman1bmw is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 37
Join Date: Aug 2017
Car: 2007 BMW 335i 4D
Default 07-08-2018, 08:17 AM

Hello Dave

I hadnít tested it at the time but went back and tested the gas station and it came back 85%. I was out of town so it took me a while but I enabled 6 cylinder logging . Iíve attached a few logs. Was running 100% e85 during these runs , everything was fine during 3rd and 4th gear runs but my last log generated misfire code 29Dc during the quick 1st and 2nd gear log Iíve attached as well.

I appreciate any help.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-07-08 10_26_37.csv (11.7 KB, 57 views)
File Type: csv 2018-07-08 10_28_39.csv (9.3 KB, 48 views)
File Type: csv 2018-07-08 10_52_14.csv (8.9 KB, 57 views)
File Type: csv 2018-07-08 10_28_20.csv (11.9 KB, 52 views)
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 6,141
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 07-08-2018, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerman1bmw
Hello Dave

I hadnít tested it at the time but went back and tested the gas station and it came back 85%. I was out of town so it took me a while but I enabled 6 cylinder logging . Iíve attached a few logs. Was running 100% e85 during these runs , everything was fine during 3rd and 4th gear runs but my last log generated misfire code 29Dc during the quick 1st and 2nd gear log Iíve attached as well.

I appreciate any help.
Timing looks much better from what I see.

Logs are a bit short, but I donít see anything glaring

Boost could use a bit of work to keep you on target- set all your DB to 50 across board & relog 2k to redline in 3rd gear.



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
soccerman1bmw soccerman1bmw is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 37
Join Date: Aug 2017
Car: 2007 BMW 335i 4D
Default 07-10-2018, 05:55 PM

Hello Dave


Please see logs below. The first one I got all the way to redline that was 85% ethanol, my foot slipped a little on the pedal initially so hopefully that didn’t ruin the log. 2nd log was with approximately e60%.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-07-10 18_28_36.csv (14.7 KB, 56 views)
File Type: csv 2018-07-10 18_47_47.csv (13.3 KB, 56 views)
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 6,141
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 07-10-2018, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerman1bmw
Hello Dave


Please see logs below. The first one I got all the way to redline that was 85% ethanol, my foot slipped a little on the pedal initially so hopefully that didnít ruin the log. 2nd log was with approximately e60%.

Thanks
Hey-

Overall both logs look ok.

The LPFP / HPFP look a bit happier at the e60-ish %

Given the choice, Iíd run e60.



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
soccerman1bmw soccerman1bmw is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 37
Join Date: Aug 2017
Car: 2007 BMW 335i 4D
Default 07-11-2018, 03:12 PM

Hello

ok will do.I should be safe to do a map 7 log. I'll post one up when I have a chance
Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 6,141
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 07-12-2018, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerman1bmw
Hello

ok will do.I should be safe to do a map 7 log. I'll post one up when I have a chance
Sounds good



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#9)
Old
soccerman1bmw soccerman1bmw is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 37
Join Date: Aug 2017
Car: 2007 BMW 335i 4D
Default 08-16-2018, 05:33 PM

Map 7 50% e85 logs

I’m planning on going to the drag track tommorrow night. Had a chance tonight to get a few logs. It seems like I’m not hitting boost and my boost is hitting closer to the ecu psi. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-08-16 20_05_30.csv (10.2 KB, 51 views)
File Type: csv 2018-08-16 20_10_50.csv (20.4 KB, 44 views)
Reply With Quote
(#10)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 6,141
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 08-16-2018, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerman1bmw
Map 7 50% e85 logs

Iím planning on going to the drag track tommorrow night. Had a chance tonight to get a few logs. It seems like Iím not hitting boost and my boost is hitting closer to the ecu psi. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Both these logs are too short.

2k to redline, not 5k-6k



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#11)
Old
soccerman1bmw soccerman1bmw is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 37
Join Date: Aug 2017
Car: 2007 BMW 335i 4D
Default 08-18-2018, 12:04 PM

Thanks Dave

Please see attached. I noticed the e85 number has gone up, is that the virtual sensor learning?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-08-18 14_38_59.csv (13.5 KB, 46 views)
File Type: csv 2018-08-18 14_41_14.csv (12.0 KB, 41 views)
Reply With Quote
(#12)
Old
soccerman1bmw soccerman1bmw is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 37
Join Date: Aug 2017
Car: 2007 BMW 335i 4D
Default 08-19-2018, 04:49 AM

Also have a log here from 1 gear to 4th gear
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-08-18 14_38_09.csv (13.6 KB, 46 views)
Reply With Quote
(#13)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 6,141
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 08-19-2018, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerman1bmw
Thanks Dave

Please see attached. I noticed the e85 number has gone up, is that the virtual sensor learning?
WGDC is high & FF is near maxed + you are significantly under target. I suspect you have a boost leak somewhere.



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#14)
Old
soccerman1bmw soccerman1bmw is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 37
Join Date: Aug 2017
Car: 2007 BMW 335i 4D
Default 08-22-2018, 03:27 PM

Hello

I was able to log again today and it seems to be hitting boost now. Attached are a map 7 and map 2 3rd gear. What do you think?

Was almost home and wot In map 7 in 2nd gear a misfire in cylinder 1 and 2 , I thought might be my spark plugs but then noticed in the log the high pressure fuel pump crashed during the log. The road I was on was sort of slanted so not sure if that contributed but I though it was strange because my high pressure fuel pump seemed fine all day. I attached the logs for that run as well. What do you think ?
I was running e60 during the logs , I have and stage 2 bucketless fuel pump , 7.5 race , fbo. Would adding port injection in stock turbos help any ?
Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-08-22 17_20_56.csv (10.0 KB, 48 views)
File Type: csv 2018-08-22 17_11_53.csv (14.0 KB, 46 views)
File Type: csv 2018-08-22 12_30_44.csv (12.5 KB, 48 views)
Reply With Quote
(#15)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 6,141
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 08-22-2018, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerman1bmw
Hello

I was able to log again today and it seems to be hitting boost now. Attached are a map 7 and map 2 3rd gear. What do you think?

Was almost home and wot In map 7 in 2nd gear a misfire in cylinder 1 and 2 , I thought might be my spark plugs but then noticed in the log the high pressure fuel pump crashed during the log. The road I was on was sort of slanted so not sure if that contributed but I though it was strange because my high pressure fuel pump seemed fine all day. I attached the logs for that run as well. What do you think ?
I was running e60 during the logs , I have and stage 2 bucketless fuel pump , 7.5 race , fbo. Would adding port injection in stock turbos help any ?
Thanks
Looked at last 2 logs.

Your still pretty under target, especially in map 7.

FF still near maxed too & WGDC is high.

I still think you have a leak, Iíd double check all popular connection points & if nothing physical is glaring, do a boost leak test



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
(#16)
Old
soccerman1bmw soccerman1bmw is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 37
Join Date: Aug 2017
Car: 2007 BMW 335i 4D
Default 11-08-2018, 07:36 PM

Hello

You were right It turned out my charge pipe was separating slightly from the throttle body due to oil. I fixed it cleaned it out ,got an occ had my mechanic check for vacuum leaks everything is good and it seems to be hitting boost much better now however I was shocked to see one of my logs today. 2 of them while sort of short you can see it hits boost and wgdc is low but the last one was the longest log and it seems to not hit full boost until he end. Not sure what this is ?

Is there any other possible reason for this except leak?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-11-08 20_08_59.csv (15.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: csv 2018-11-08 20_08_02.csv (14.3 KB, 38 views)
File Type: csv 2018-11-08 20_06_45.csv (8.6 KB, 40 views)
Reply With Quote
(#17)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 6,141
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 11-12-2018, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerman1bmw
Hello

You were right It turned out my charge pipe was separating slightly from the throttle body due to oil. I fixed it cleaned it out ,got an occ had my mechanic check for vacuum leaks everything is good and it seems to be hitting boost much better now however I was shocked to see one of my logs today. 2 of them while sort of short you can see it hits boost and wgdc is low but the last one was the longest log and it seems to not hit full boost until he end. Not sure what this is ?

Is there any other possible reason for this except leak?
Manually lower FF to 80 & re log



http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright © 2007 - 2019, N54tech.com