N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 2011 335is
Default 06-11-2018, 08:33 AM

Installed a Flex Fuel system this past weekend and the pump is holding up well to the increased fuel consumption. Thanks again for the great bracket!
(#27)
Old

Car: 2007 e60 5 series
Default 06-11-2018, 02:42 PM

Can this be used in an e60? I'm doing something different, a cnt340 pump.This looks like it could be a winner for us!
(#28)
Old

Car: E90 2008 335i
Default 06-12-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorB
Can this be used in an e60? I'm doing something different, a cnt340 pump.This looks like it could be a winner for us!
This will not fit e6x cars,. They are white a bit different. Also I'm not that familiar with that pump but will definitely be less capacity compared to a 450, not to mention I do not know the diameter so not sure if it would even fit if it could fit in the e6x

Email - contact@kpdcompany.com
2008 335i Sedan M-Sport - Auto / M3 Body Conversion / JB4 E85 BEF / BMS DCI / BMS OCC / VRSF CP-HKS SSQV / Forge FMIC / KPD Bucketless LPFP / Muffler Delete / Poly Rear Bushings / M3 F&R Arms / StopTech SS Brake Lines
(#29)
Old

Default 06-14-2018, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuru
Installed a Flex Fuel system this past weekend and the pump is holding up well to the increased fuel consumption. Thanks again for the great bracket!
Glad to hear it! What flex fuel kit/ lines did you use?

2008 335i Sedan M-Sport - Auto / M3 Body Conversion / JB4 E85 BEF / BMS DCI / BMS OCC / VRSF CP-HKS SSQV / Forge FMIC / KPD Bucketless LPFP / Muffler Delete / Poly Rear Bushings / M3 F&R Arms / StopTech SS Brake Lines
(#30)
Old

Car: 2011 335is
Default 06-14-2018, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPDcompany
Glad to hear it! What flex fuel kit/ lines did you use?
https://www.motivmotorsport.com/prod...el-for-mhd-bmw

https://www.motivmotorsport.com/prod...=5854683398173

I'll push this setup to about E60 and see how the pump holds up, but it should be fine.
(#31)
Old

Default 06-14-2018, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuru
https://www.motivmotorsport.com/prod...el-for-mhd-bmw

https://www.motivmotorsport.com/prod...=5854683398173

I'll push this setup to about E60 and see how the pump holds up, but it should be fine.
Nice, I run E60 and have for awhile with no issues, but I have stock lines. I planned to buy that set as well, but I'll probably buy my own aeroquip lines/fittings and do it myself lol

(#32)
Old

Car: 2009 335i Alpine White
Default 07-02-2018, 08:02 AM

Without increasing the inside diameter of the tubing/hose after the 'Y', I don't see how this set up helps increase fuel volume, although I can see how it would it would increase fuel pressure (which is not needed in a HPFP system). All you have is two pumps trying to cram fuel down a single same size tube. Am I missing something here?
(#33)
Old

Default 07-02-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfiftyfloored
Without increasing the inside diameter of the tubing/hose after the 'Y', I don't see how this set up helps increase fuel volume, although I can see how it would it would increase fuel pressure (which is not needed in a HPFP system). All you have is two pumps trying to cram fuel down a single same size tube. Am I missing something here?
The amount of gallons per minute between a bucket/ventrui system is less than a non-venturi system due to the venturi "bleeding off" lpfp pressure to fill the bucket. I agree that larger fuel lines would help, but the difference between venturi and non is still noticed on stock fuel lines. This only becomes needed/apparent at the higher limits of the lpfp with higher power/hpfp fuel requirements.

There are are always the upgraded bucket systems you can use, but this is just one of the benefits of going bucketless, along with being cheaper.

(#34)
Old

Car: 2009 335i Alpine White
Default 07-10-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPDcompany
The amount of gallons per minute between a bucket/ventrui system is less than a non-venturi system due to the venturi "bleeding off" lpfp pressure to fill the bucket. I agree that larger fuel lines would help, but the difference between venturi and non is still noticed on stock fuel lines. This only becomes needed/apparent at the higher limits of the lpfp with higher power/hpfp fuel requirements.

There are are always the upgraded bucket systems you can use, but this is just one of the benefits of going bucketless, along with being cheaper.
Thanks for the reply. Fair enough. Makes sense. I know some either double up on the HPFP's or employ some form of port injection and running a larger feed and Y'ing that off in the engine bay seems like the way to go. You have a nice product. All the best to you.
(#35)
Old

Default 07-11-2018, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfiftyfloored
Thanks for the reply. Fair enough. Makes sense. I know some either double up on the HPFP's or employ some form of port injection and running a larger feed and Y'ing that off in the engine bay seems like the way to go. You have a nice product. All the best to you.
Thank you. I appreciate it.

Also wanted to give an update, these are now live on Black Market Parts.

http://www.bm-parts.com/index.php?ro...search=bracket

(#36)
Old

Car: 2007 e60 5 series
Default 07-27-2018, 07:46 PM

I agree a 340 won't live up to a 450, a came across a shoot out between different manufacturers of in tank pumps. It surprisingly pushed big numbers between 40-50psi. But anyway, for the e60, seems you haven't ventured into this, as there are more and more 535 cars out there getting modded up,it would be nice if someone stepped out of the saturated 335 zone and looked into the barely moist 535 cars that are begging for a buckless.
(#37)
Old

Default 07-30-2018, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorB
I agree a 340 won't live up to a 450, a came across a shoot out between different manufacturers of in tank pumps. It surprisingly pushed big numbers between 40-50psi. But anyway, for the e60, seems you haven't ventured into this, as there are more and more 535 cars out there getting modded up,it would be nice if someone stepped out of the saturated 335 zone and looked into the barely moist 535 cars that are begging for a buckless.
I would be more than happy to venture into it as we planned to. Really the only thing we need is a spare stock fuel pump hat, and bucket assembly to design off of. You don't happen to have one do you?

(#38)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 05-09-2019, 12:21 PM

I know this post has been dead for almost a year but just curious if you have done any design work for one on a 535i yet?