N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
Go Back   N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion > Model-Specific Engine Tuning & Modification Discussion > N54
Reload this Page Any manual trans JB4 owners having issues with bog when shifting really fast?

(#51)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-05-2018, 12:43 PM

2STEP and anti-lag both work as normal with this change!

On the cruise you can always plug the wire back in with no setting changes needed on the JB4 side.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#52)
Old

Car: 2008 e90 335i 6MT
Default 05-05-2018, 01:32 PM

When I select FUD Bit 4 on Android it auto sets to a value of "16" is this normal? Haven't played with settings in a while!
(#53)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-05-2018, 01:34 PM

Sound right.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#54)
Old

Default 05-05-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Sound right.
OK cool thanks. I'll be testing this out tonight!
(#55)
Old

Default 05-05-2018, 02:33 PM

So I did everything as noted in the instructions however I notice now the clutch disengages harshly, and also my throttle seems SUPER sensitive. Ideas?

I'm going out to pull the DME cover and check everything out. Something can't be right, lol.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-05-05 17_37_46.csv (8.2 KB, 49 views)
File Type: csv 2018-05-05 17_37_09.csv (67.4 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by Shafer; 05-05-2018 at 02:48 PM..
(#56)
Old

Car: e92 n54 pre lci
Default 05-05-2018, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafer
So I did everything as noted in the instructions however I notice now the clutch disengages harshly, and also my throttle seems SUPER sensitive. Ideas?

I'm going out to pull the DME cover and check everything out. Something can't be right, lol.
It's normal. I don't notice it anymore to be honest. Maybe the car adapts?

FBO MT N54 w/stock turbos-tuned by Trebila
(#57)
Old

Default 05-05-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeezul
It's normal. I don't notice it anymore to be honest. Maybe the car adapts?
Hmm. Idk I found it to be sketchy as hell. The car wants to buck and the littlest pedal input makes the car jump forward. I was under the impression I have something wrong in my DME box (I just uninstalled the ***** at the same time). I uploaded a couple logs of just cruising down the street trying to capture the surging I'm talking about. Hoping there's something obvious in those.
(#58)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-05-2018, 04:23 PM

Terry, is there a way to toggle the clutch input on the JB4 side instead of needing to plug or unplug the #18 wire on the harness if cruise control is needed?

2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread
(#59)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-05-2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
It should not have any, I am using this on my car with BMS PI. You just can't use the NLS/2step RELAY, DO NOT NLS.

Is this better the nls and 2 step I like those ???
(#60)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-05-2018, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
Terry, is there a way to toggle the clutch input on the JB4 side instead of needing to plug or unplug the #18 wire on the harness if cruise control is needed?
Yes we're going to work on that eventually!

Burger Motorsports

(#61)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-05-2018, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafer

I can't really see anything in the log but makes sense shifting across the board may be more harsh like this.

Burger Motorsports

(#62)
Old

Default 05-05-2018, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I can't really see anything in the log but makes sense shifting across the board may be more harsh like this.
Understood, I definitely notice a lot more "clunking" when shifting (especially at lower gears and speed), in one case tonight banging 2 to 3 I actually heard the synchro chirp and it was noticeably harder to get into gear.

Obviously these things are subjective and could quite possibly be specific to my car, and not someone else using this. Either way I know you're always looking for feedback, and I hope I can get this to work better on my car.
(#63)
Old

Default 05-06-2018, 09:05 AM

Any foreseeable solutions for the NLS guys??
(#64)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-06-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCote
Any foreseeable solutions for the NLS guys? Ive grown fond of mine over the years...
NLS should work, tried it?

Burger Motorsports

(#65)
Old

Default 05-07-2018, 08:45 AM

So far my single turbo 135i loves this! The car is so much more fun to drive and i can do half assed shifts and still go into full boost immediately after shifting. Its like going single turbo all over again, the only thing i noticed was that with the clutch wire unplugged the mhd burble doesn't work unless you feather the throttle on decel, then it will pop with the same intensity.
(#66)
Old

Default 05-07-2018, 09:07 AM

Terry, I know this is probably a dumb question, but is a backend flash (BMS or otherwise) required for this? I assume it's not since you would've inlcuded that in the instructions.
(#67)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-07-2018, 09:09 AM

BEF is not required for this.

Burger Motorsports

(#68)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-07-2018, 06:41 PM

I think once i get my 3.5tmap ill try this at the same time
(#69)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 05-07-2018, 08:37 PM

Very very excited for this in its final form! Do you have some kind of ETA, this feels like it could be one of the biggest advancements in a while.
(#70)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-07-2018, 08:37 PM

I don't have an ETA for that but I'd encourage anyone who is having the shifting issue to try this out and provide feedback.

Burger Motorsports

(#71)
Old

Default 05-08-2018, 04:52 AM

Tried it. Confirmed cruise control didn't work and reversed the change. I'll probably switch it again to get a couple logs, but loss of cruise is a deal breaker on a DD. Also noticed huge throttle input sensitivity at low rpm.

2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread
(#72)
Old

Car: 08 335i
Default 05-08-2018, 04:59 AM

Wanted to get in on this earlier but work kept getting in the way. I don't use or care about the loss of cruise control so im more then happy to try it Terry and get some logs . Should I reach out to u via email

e92 MT 08
Single T
FBO
Dual 450 lpfp
BEF
MeTH!!!!!
E85 100/
(#73)
Old

Car: 09 135i
Default 05-09-2018, 02:33 PM

Ok loaded the 32_11_t1 firmaware and unhooked pin 18. Turned on bit 4 in wmi settings. Throttle response is crazy quick along with no bog at shift. However when i go WOT, car cuts power and pops a 2step/NLS code. Any ideas?

09 135I MT jb4 g5/MHD Trebila backend Frankenturbo F21 FBO, PI, stage 3 lpfp, full E85, Quaife LSD
(#74)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 05-09-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Tried it. Confirmed cruise control didn't work and reversed the change. I'll probably switch it again to get a couple logs, but loss of cruise is a deal breaker on a DD. Also noticed huge throttle input sensitivity at low rpm.
Should be easy to put a switch in the glovebox to quickly toggle the #18 wire on and off..
(#75)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-09-2018, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnilKram
Ok loaded the 32_11_t1 firmaware and unhooked pin 18. Turned on bit 4 in wmi settings. Throttle response is crazy quick along with no bog at shift. However when i go WOT, car cuts power and pops a 2step/NLS code. Any ideas?
It's FutureUseD bit4... Not WMI settings.

Burger Motorsports