N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#251)
Old

Car: X5 50i F15
Default 08-03-2018, 07:43 PM

If you update the firmware to allow Map switching by the BC button, does it disable the normal BC button functions ?
(#252)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-03-2018, 09:28 PM

Nope, those work normally.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#253)
Old

Default 08-04-2018, 10:16 AM

Whooooosh !
Attached Images

(#254)
Old

Car: 2013 bmw 750i
Default 08-04-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
Whooooosh !
I did 10.9 @ 210 kmh
Stock
I donít know what you did 10.8 with jb4
+ slope
(#255)
Old

Default 08-04-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokoN63TU
I did 10.9 @ 210 kmh
Stock
I donít know what you did 10.8 with jb4
+ slope
You can not compare that way due to DA. My best stock was 11.23

Where is your time slip ? Post it.
(#256)
Old

Car: 2011 CTS-V Coupe
Default 08-04-2018, 11:00 AM

Onfire, that's good for the DA. What fuel and was that with JB4, what map? Great times!
(#257)
Old

Default 08-04-2018, 11:07 AM

PURE STOCK Slip.

93 pump on Map 1. Not trying to set any records, etc. Leaving it set to 1 as it's exceeded my goals for a daily/vacation driver. JB4 is an excellent platform. Very smooth power delivery. Feels stock.
Attached Images

(#258)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-04-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
I did 10.9 @ 210 kmh
Stock
I don’t know what you did 10.8 with jb4
+ slope
Best I was able to do fully stock on pump gas was around 11.3s. And 11.15 with E30 mixed in. Seems to be a lot of performance variance on stock cars. Probably due to weather, baro, fuel quality, DME software, how good the launch is, etc. I expected it go to 10.8s stock on pump gas too based on magazine reports but didn't happen.

Took map2 to get down to 10.8@133mph for me.

I have car sitting in garage with a couple gallons of race gas waiting for a cool night to retest map3. Been super hot around here lately.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#259)
Old

Default 08-04-2018, 11:28 AM

Onfire, that is awesome! Pretty much exactly what I'm hoping for.
Terry, can't wait to see those race gas map 3 results. I found a place close by me that has 5 gallon jugs of Sunoco 260 GT+ that I could play around with, but 90% of the time map 1 looks like would be enough for a DD.
(#260)
Old

Car: 2018 F90 M5
Default 08-04-2018, 12:09 PM

Well we installed and everything went smoothly. The Bluetooth works great.

However I do get a drive train warning everytime i turn on the car...then I press OK and it goes away now I do not know if its limiting power etc or what the issue is. Seems I am not the only one with this problem? It happened right away after we installed it.

I havent had a change to get any logs however I am going to.

Moe from DME was awesome enough to configure remotely since he is recovering from a surgery and everyone at AUTOcouture Motoring in NJ was extremely nice helpful and professional. Great guys and great shop!

What is that meter or dyno app thing you all use to measure 1/4 mile times and such i see screenshots of?

Also anyone have any input on drivetrain warning? Do you guys think I could be damaging anything?
(#261)
Old

Default 08-04-2018, 12:11 PM

Also guys how do I use the launch control?
(#262)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-04-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam321
However I do get a drive train warning everytime i turn on the car...then I press OK and it goes away now I do not know if its limiting power etc or what the issue is. Seems I am not the only one with this problem? It happened right away after we installed it.
If you get a fault every startup that doesn't really do anything (e.g. not low power mode), you installed the EWG wires wrong. Per the install guide the EWG wire with the added black wire has to go on the passenger side of the vehicle otherwise you get that false alarm fault. If you have a fault that is a low power mode then maybe something else so you'd want to contact technical support with installation photos and a code read out to further diagnose.

Burger Motorsports

(#263)
Old

Default 08-04-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If you get a fault every startup that doesn't really do anything (e.g. not low power mode), you installed the EWG wires wrong. Per the install guide the EWG wire with the added black wire has to go on the passenger side of the vehicle otherwise you get that false alarm fault. If you have a fault that is a low power mode then maybe something else so you'd want to contact technical support with installation photos and a code read out to further diagnose.
Understood. I did just talk with Moe so he will reach out to see how they hooked up and see if they incorpriated your fix and if so then he will reach out to you.

I am ordering the dragy for some data for everyone here and you and also we will putting the car on a brand new mustang dyno starting with just the JB4 then one mod at a time to show gains for the community. Intakes are next. Currently I think Moe has me around 22PSI peak it looks like. Car is extremely aggressive and I keep showing off the Bluetooth because that app is HOT
(#264)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-04-2018, 12:39 PM

Sounds great! While it's strapped down we can play with some map6 settings too if they email me at the time.

Burger Motorsports

(#265)
Old

Default 08-04-2018, 01:21 PM

Sounds good Sam321, looking forward to your results.
(#266)
Old
sehr schnelles Auto

Car: 335i
Default 08-05-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Woah man, that is very impressive! That's over 130whp delta, insane. Do you have logs from the run??
Yes I do, all sent and verified through Terry, all JB4 maps are performing strong and without issues.

KDT
(#267)
Old
sehr schnelles Auto

Default 08-05-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
6th gear pull is 1:1
Try to go on 6th or at list 5th
Absolutely, it will increase the whp number in dyno sheet, but delta/gains are still the same, very happy with the results

KDT
(#268)
Old

Default 08-05-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth
All passes in 4th gear, Sunoco 104oct race gas (GT260 Plus). Final results are @ 25psi. JB4 rocks!
Somehow I missed this....That is an insane increase with just tune and fuel!! I also have the 260 GT+ near me! Can't wait to get my M5 and JB4! Outstanding bro!! Thanks for sharing!!
(#269)
Old
sehr schnelles Auto

Default 08-05-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushidopupil
Somehow I missed this....That is an insane increase with just tune and fuel!! I also have the 260 GT+ near me! Can't wait to get my M5 and JB4! Outstanding bro!! Thanks for sharing!!
My pleasure bro, this car feels so much different than the previous generation, it is definitely more fun and loves the JB4, gains with just the JB4 and racefuel are insane considering car is otherwise stock. Can't wait to see those 10's in the 1/4 mile dragstrip with stock tires

KDT
(#270)
Old

Default 08-05-2018, 10:47 AM

Yeah, 10's for sure on stock rubber with those power numbers!! This is exactly what I have been waiting for!! I'll daily map 1 and track/play with map 3 on race gas!! My Comp. Package is already built online.
What other mods are you considering?
(#271)
Old

Default 08-05-2018, 03:01 PM

You guys will run deep into the 10”s at 26psi if you can hook it. That’s big power.
(#272)
Old

Car: 2016 340i
Default 08-05-2018, 07:19 PM

Finally got to the dragstrip yday and thought I would post my stock times. Cant wait to see what the jb4 will do!

2018 M5 | Bone Stock
2016 340ix | M-sport | JB4 | ER D@wnpipe | BMS Intake
(#273)
Old

Default 08-05-2018, 07:24 PM

Great times for stock! What was the DA?
(#274)
Old

Default 08-05-2018, 08:42 PM

Killer times pure stock ! BG is a good track. Around 446ft msl. At 6:30 pm it should “ballpark “ around 2800ft.DA.
(#275)
Old

Car: 2016 340i
Default 08-05-2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushidopupil
Great times for stock! What was the DA?
About 2500

2018 M5 | Bone Stock
2016 340ix | M-sport | JB4 | ER D@wnpipe | BMS Intake