N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
Go Back   N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion > Model-Specific Engine Tuning & Modification Discussion > //M
Reload this Page TREBILA Performance S55 M2, M3 and M4 Custom flash and full JB4 support

(#51)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-01-2018, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebila
WOW, AFRs 15:1 from the beginning to 5000-5500 rpm, right when boost is peaking at 27-28 psi, I'd not target so aggressive AFRs for my customers, even on straight E85.

If you have to target so lean AFRs to use straight E85 and gain 20whp, I prefer to leave them on the table.

Terry is providing free BEF, it's the responsability of the S55 owner to use it.
I'd not feel comfortable to provide so lean tunes on S55 for my customers.

richer AFRs induce a much higher fuel demand for HPFP, which is the limiting factor, this is why on straight E85, I advice my customers to lower boost targets.
Yes AFR drifted a bit leaner than I wanted there, working with MHD on a technical issue that was the cause. Was going for 14.3:1 in the midrange, 13.3:1 up top. But if you want to hit 570-600whp on stock turbos that is sort of what your log is going to have to look like. Someone told me the more aggressive BM3 E85 tunes are actually running over 17 degrees advance FWIW.

I do agree it's important for customers to decide their risk tolerance up front.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#52)
Old

Car: M4
Default 09-01-2018, 04:10 PM

Yes that is true David. Thank you

2019 M4 CP, jb4, MHD BEF, intake, down pipe, e85, BMS Meth kit, Trebila tuned
(#53)
Old

Car: '11 E90 335i
Default 09-05-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I'd not target so aggressive AFRs for my customers, even on straight E85.

If you have to target so lean AFRs to use straight E85 and gain 20whp, I prefer to leave them on the table.
Are you 100% sure about this claim? Because my logs from your tune show 17:1, and you mentioned it's okay to run things lean on E85...
Attached Files
File Type: csv Map6_v5_Pass_03_180801_1844.csv (16.5 KB, 120 views)

2017 M3 ZCP
(#54)
Old
Legend

Car: 135i
Default 09-06-2018, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by narstune
Are you 100% sure about this claim? Because my logs from your tune show 17:1, and you mentioned it's okay to run things lean on E85...
you must be kidding.

yes I'm sure.

the log you provide is the perfect example of what I'm saying.

it looks like a misfire because HPFP fail, because fuel demand is too high (too high boost , too high ethanol content) for AFRs I target.
You'll notice that AFRs are around 13-12.5: 1 before it misfired (before the HPFP drop).

the consecutive run, with AFRs bank 1 around 17:1, and bank 2 at 20:1, is just the consequence of the misfire (trims stuck at 25, so no fuel enrichment), and absolutely not what I target in the tune.

If this log was made with my tune, this is certainly what I told you, when you sent it to me, if you ever did. And I never told you this log was OK, but rather to lower boost targets.
But you refused, and asked for a complete refund.

If you prefer to target AFRs 15:1 in your tune to run 100% E85 at high boost, it's up to you, it's your engine and you're free to blow it shortly, but I'm glad I've never provided you such tunes, the same for all my customers, and I'll never do.

Now Nars, I'll never answer again to your unfair and dishonest posts.
you know nothing about tuning, you told it yourself, and apparently, you don't know neither how to analyse a log.

I'm not sure what you're looking for with such posts, but you won't find it with me.
I've always answered you with respect and professionalism, your last post is the opposite of this.

FBO N54 AT 135i 'vert with JB4 and Trebila Performance custom flash

Last edited by trebila; 09-06-2018 at 03:00 AM..
(#55)
Old

Icon1 09-06-2018, 04:47 PM

Quote:
you must be kidding.

yes I'm sure.

the log you provide is the perfect example of what I'm saying.

it looks like a misfire because HPFP fail, because fuel demand is too high (too high boost , too high ethanol content) for AFRs I target.
You'll notice that AFRs are around 13-12.5: 1 before it misfired (before the HPFP drop).

the consecutive run, with AFRs bank 1 around 17:1, and bank 2 at 20:1, is just the consequence of the misfire (trims stuck at 25, so no fuel enrichment), and absolutely not what I target in the tune.

If this log was made with my tune, this is certainly what I told you, when you sent it to me, if you ever did.
I wasn't kidding, but merely just wanted to clarify your public claims against what I noticed based on first hand experience. That was my bad for failing to realize that the final log I ever have of your tune was one of the many E85 logs where the car went into limp mode. Come to think of it, I don't think I have any logs of your E85 tune where the engine didn't breakup or incur a DTMAL.

Quote:
And I never told you this log was OK, but rather to lower boost targets.
But you refused, and asked for a complete refund.
You either have a delusional mind, or you're just that disorganized that you have a false sense of the true timeline. I politely requested for a refund back in May, right after you put me in danger on public roads. The log I shared showing 17:1 AFR target was done towards the end of July, which was based on super low Map 6 boost targets, and something that Terry's E85 BEF didn't have any issues handling based on a back to back comparison.

Below are screenshots of the REFUND request e-mail exchanges to help refresh your memory:

Quote:
If you prefer to target AFRs 15:1 in your tune to run 100% E85 at high boost, it's up to you, it's your engine and you're free to blow it shortly, but I'm glad I've never provided you such tunes, the same for all my customers, and I'll never do.
Cool story. It's too bad that none of your revisions couldn't even keep it together at high load with 22psi peak boost.

Quote:
Now Nars, I'll never answer again to your unfair and dishonest posts.
you know nothing about tuning, you told it yourself, and apparently, you don't know neither how to analyse a log.
You're absolutely right. I've never claimed to be a tuner or even be remotely close to being a tuner. But I guess that makes two of us that don't know what they're doing on the S55 then, huh?

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're looking for with such posts, but you won't find it with me.
I've always answered you with respect and professionalism, your last post is the opposite of this.
I wasn't expecting you to get so triggered about a simple inquiry over my M4 Competition Package with N54 engine on a 2017 M3 chassis. You may want to think before you speak more often, because you claim professionalism, but yet you resort to twisting stories and calling people dishonest.

Here's a couple more screenshots of our e-mail exchanges showing who's twisting the truth around here.

---------------

To sum things up, your E85 tune is dangerous and it never worked on my car. Nor has full E85 ever worked for any of your S55 clients despite you claiming a solid record. This is true for my experience no matter how you want to twist things around. You unknowingly got rid of the factory OEM burbles, and couldn't figure out how to put it back. You claim to be professional, but don't even know how to apologize, or even acknowledge your own mistakes.

You keep saying I just went straight for a refund request, when you know I gave you a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th chance to make things right.

I'm beginning to wonder if Trebila is just french for Terrible... but I wish your future clients the very best of luck with you.

2017 M3 ZCP

Last edited by narstune; 09-06-2018 at 04:52 PM..
(#56)
Old

Car: 335i coupe N54
Default 09-06-2018, 07:08 PM

Terry, I believe I’m correct by saying that not all M4 competition package cars can handle 100% E85 ? I know that mine can’t handle more than E75 before my hpfp starts to go to 15 . I’m using the original jb4 s55 E85 Bef. Haven’t tried the latest ones yet of course.

I’ve tested my E85 fuel I use and it is always between e87 and E90 fwiw.

2009 N54 335i coupe, 6AT PD trans, Stage 3 XHP, Built Motor, 9.6:1 Comp Ratio, Ported Head, Trebilia Custom Flash, JB4, Mhd flasher, Ngk 97506 0.018” gapped, PI Kit 100% E85, Jb4 PI integration, Stage 2 Pure Turbos 25.6psi, 17.2 deg timing, TFT inlets, Stage 3 Fuel-it Fpr, FBO, 431rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus

2016 M4 Competition Pack, 7-sp DCT, Jb4 Map 6
25.0 psi, s55 ign e85 Bef, E70, M4 plugs gapped 0.020”, stock everything else, 374.9 rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus
(#57)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-06-2018, 08:45 PM

They can all handle 100% E85.. The question is, at what AFR, and at what boost level. We have a new E85_IGN BEF that runs a lot leaner, drop me an email if you feel like playing with it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#58)
Old

Car: 335i coupe N54
Default 09-06-2018, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
They can all handle 100% E85.. The question is, at what AFR, and at what boost level. We have a new E85_IGN BEF that runs a lot leaner, drop me an email if you feel like playing with it.
Ok great. Shall do. Tx Terry.

2009 N54 335i coupe, 6AT PD trans, Stage 3 XHP, Built Motor, 9.6:1 Comp Ratio, Ported Head, Trebilia Custom Flash, JB4, Mhd flasher, Ngk 97506 0.018” gapped, PI Kit 100% E85, Jb4 PI integration, Stage 2 Pure Turbos 25.6psi, 17.2 deg timing, TFT inlets, Stage 3 Fuel-it Fpr, FBO, 431rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus

2016 M4 Competition Pack, 7-sp DCT, Jb4 Map 6
25.0 psi, s55 ign e85 Bef, E70, M4 plugs gapped 0.020”, stock everything else, 374.9 rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus
(#59)
Old

Car: F80 m3
Default 09-07-2018, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Time for 6.8s Terry
(#60)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-07-2018, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_f80nyc
Time for 6.8s Terry
Don't worry it's coming. I wish you guys would take your seats out.

Burger Motorsports

(#61)
Old

Car: F80 m3
Default 09-07-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Don't worry it's coming. I wish you guys would take your seats out.
I wish we did too Lol definitely would’ve been a 6.8
Can’t wait to try that new flash u sent, you always surprise us sir.
We are bringing the stock turbo 1/4mile record back home where it started
(#62)
Old
Legend

Default 11-02-2018, 04:16 AM

one of my M3 customer just broke his country stock turbos record with his M3 on E60 and with only *********, he made 10.7" on the track, several times, and logs indicate there is room for improvments

plenty of room for HPFP.

(#63)
Old
Legend

Default 03-20-2019, 07:05 AM

almost finished my first M2 competition, unkhatted **, no particule filter, straight pump gas:

here is a log from the dyno:

and the dyno graph:

it built 540 whp / 830nm.
with a little more boost up top, we should reach 550 whp

(#64)
Old

Default 04-13-2019, 07:15 AM

Not too bad and all thanks to Trebila tune. She deff has more in her and I need to still dial in boost profile but not bad. Thank you david for all your hard work 💪🏻💪🏻
Attached Images

(#65)
Old
Legend

Default 04-17-2019, 02:45 AM

thanks Jon
faster is definitely possible with less restrictions in intake and exhaust

(#66)
Old

Default 04-17-2019, 08:11 AM

yes working on that now

(#67)
Old
Legend

Default 05-04-2019, 02:30 AM

one of my S55 customer just made 10.5 with his stock turbos M4

(#68)
Old

Default 05-04-2019, 04:44 AM

Quote:
one of my S55 customer just made 10.5 with his stock turbos M4

What do I have to do to get there? lol I hit 10.8 at 130 in the pic above

(#69)
Old

Car: 2016 F25 X4 M40i (N55)
Default 05-15-2019, 04:07 PM

slip?

@nars how is it going this year?

F90 M5 Comp - @BM3Tuning 100-200 5.29s / 60-130 6.5s | @HCP.US
F97 X3M Comp - Tuning Soon!

F80 ZCP DCT Tune Only | @BM3Tuning Stg1+ E85 60-130mph 6.7s "World Record Dragy Verified"
(#70)
Old

Default 05-19-2019, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frikiton

@nars how is it going this year?
Been blessed too much with the reliability and performance of the BMS BEFs to worry about a dangerously lean and untested custom S55 tune.

Old 2017 M3 has since been replaced with BMS' former test car with PS2s and MaxPSI crank hub solution, so no longer in the business of pushing the stock snails beyond its efficiency range.

A good friend of mine recently managed to do 10.8@133mph with the BMS E85 BEF, no custom tuning needed.

2017 M3 ZCP