N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
Go Back   N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion > General > Market Place - For Sale / Trade / Wanted
Reload this Page YCW Reference Series Coilovers for 1/3/5-Series - Sponsored Drivers Required

(#26)
Old

Car: BMW E92 M3
Default 12-21-2015, 04:53 AM

I am sad to admit, but it has been a very frustrating past few days going back-and-forth with the manufacturer. Whilst they wish me to help them re-establish their brand, they are unwilling to listen to my recommendations on how to improve their product and make it more suitable for the DD (i.e my target market). So much so that I will soon be limited to one of the following options:

1) Give up whilst I'm still ahead. I do not want this "non-part of my business" to affect my business (i.e MFactory/Transmission parts) due to the manufacturer being stubborn in their ways

or

2) Scrap the idea of distributing "their" product, and come up with our own bespoke solution, specifically for my target market (i.e DD's). This would mean a re-design of the damper with custom valving and 6-way adjustability (12 is too much, nevermind the 24 and 32 other companies offer), still made by the same factory (which I trust in their Quality due to being a Tier-1 oem supplier), and using a higher quality Swift or Hyperco spring (both of which have a full range of lengths/rates available off-the-shelf). Of course, this would mean a higher-priced product, but it would be a better product.

MFactory / YCW Engineering (LSD's, Gears, Flywheels, Clutches, Driveshafts, Axles) - www.teammfactory.com
YCW Suspension (Mid-Range Coilovers) - www.ycwsuspension.com
SWIFT Springs Europe (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringseurope.com
SWIFT Springs Asia (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringsasia.com
(#27)
Old

Car: 2008 E 92 335xi
Default 12-21-2015, 10:20 AM

I also have no idea best rates after reading so many posts my eyes are bleeding. Mine is the 335 xi so my spring rates/length are not identical to a rear wheel drive due to added weight displacements, ect. So I would be happy for some input.
Will be dropping car mid way between oem and slammed and will look to have no rake at all, I like a flat look. Will be doing occasional DE and AX , in lower level run groups for DE. OK with a stiffer ride but do live in Jersey , I know , to many grand kids to move away, my fault should have left sooner. Have not and more than Likley will not mod suspention any further so consider oem sway and bushings in the calculation, Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated.
(#28)
Old

Default 12-29-2015, 02:43 PM

Just a quick bump for those who are interested.

Order has been put in with the factory for the test samples, which should be ready late January.

For those who are interested in testing, please PM me with your chosen spring rates:

Front: 4K/6K
Rear: 10K/12K/13K

Thanks!

MFactory / YCW Engineering (LSD's, Gears, Flywheels, Clutches, Driveshafts, Axles) - www.teammfactory.com
(#29)
Old

Car: BMW 335I / VW 2.0T
Default 12-30-2015, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFactory
Front: 4K/6K
Rear: 10K/12K/13K
Why higher front rates are not available?
(#30)
Old

Default 12-30-2015, 09:51 PM

The above rates where chosen to try to keep to as close as possible to the oem factory balance, plus this is a DD setup

Higher spring rates will be available in future for the front, but this would also require higher rear rates (unless you want increased understeer)

(#31)
Old

Default 01-09-2016, 09:11 AM

New Update to 1st post:

Hey Guys,

after researching the various coilover setups currently available on the market, we've noticed there is a gap in the market for a setup that is:

1) Offers premium real-world features, at an affordable price point
2) Offers local (North American and European) facilities for rebuild and servicing

there are a lot of generic setups available on the market at the moment, however, they are basically all the same/similar setup (i.e generic) and have not changed over the past 15 years, with prices ranging from $1000-2000; the more expensive only being due to the "brand" and the "assembled in XXX label" rather than the design features (the components are all still manufactured in China, Taiwan or Korea)

of course, rather than reinventing the book, it is best to stick to tried-and-tested designs (especially for the street car) hence why all the current setups available are similar.

because of this "gap", we at MFactory have decided to do what we do best, and this is to provide you guys with a quality solution that meets our #1 priority; Value for Money. Whilst this new project is still in it's infancy, we want to take this opportunity to design, manufacture and offer our solution based on your feedback and not just what the "marketing folks" think you want!

so our project as it stands today will consist of the following:

Design Features
- Forged 6061 T6 Anodized Aluminium Top Mounts which are both Camber AND Caster Adjustable (dependant on application)
- Radial Bearing Top Mounts: These virtually eliminate the knocking noise that is inherent with the common pillowball top mounts
- Forged 6061 T6 Anodized Aluminium or Anti-Rust High Tensile Steel Lower Mounts/Spring Perches with independent ride-height adjustment upto 4.5" (dependant on application)
- Zinc-Plated and Teflon-Lined Shock body with extensive salt-testing to prevent corrosion
- Inverted Monotube Dampers offering increased performance and reliability
- High-Tensile Molybdenum Piston Rod withstands higher temperatures and deforming
- 6-Level Adjustable Damping: 12/24/32-Level is just marketing (i.e the more the better). You do want to "feel" the difference between each click don't you?
- Adjustment Extenders for vehicles with limited access to the top mounts (e.g BMW, VAG etc)
- Digressive Valving: A combination of Double-Digressive pistons & pre-loaded shims, offering more stability at lower speeds and less harshness at higher speeds
- High Viscosity Index 100% Synthetic Torco® Racing Damper Fluid provides consistent damping over a wide temperature range
- High Tensile SAE9254 Cold-Wound Springs offering increased durability and performance, with option for upgraded Swift or Hyperco Springs (pending on price)
- Standard Offered Spring Rates are neutrally balanced to the OEM bias ratio and range between 50-100% stiffer than stock. Additional Spring Rates are available upon request
- Bearing-loaded Spring Seats: These allow the spring to rotate independently of the damper, which reduces friction and eliminates binding
- Shock Dyno Graph Supplied with all Kits

Manufacturing/Servicing/Warranty
- Tier-1 OEM Facility in Taiwan (OEM damper supplier for Bilstein and several JDM Brands)
- North American Full Service Facility in Socal, USA
- European Full Service Facility in Leyland, UK
- Dampers can be custom-valved to specific requirements (Pricing TBA)
- 24 Month Servicing Warranty (Shipping excluded)

Pending MSRP will be around $1200 + shipping

We currently have several "test sets" shipping out to our testers around Late January, and will be updating this thread with our results (along with the dyno graphs)

Sorry for the low quality image. Once the test sets are finished, I will upload better product images:

If you are interested, or require more information, please PM me

(#32)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 03-04-2016, 10:46 PM

any updates on this?
(#33)
Old

Default 04-12-2016, 09:56 AM

Images of the test samples:

(#34)
Old

Car: AW 135i
Default 04-12-2016, 10:26 AM

Looks great!!

2010 AW/BLK 135i VM 6465 Single Turbo, JB4 + MHD, VRSF CP & Tial, Big Tom, Fuel-It PI + Stage 3 + Return + Ethanol Sensor, BMW PE, MFactory LSD & Axles, Spec 3+ & MFactory SMFW, RB External PCV
Best stock turbo 12.5 @ 19.46 spinning all the way down
RIP 2008 AW/BL 135i
(#35)
Old

Default 04-12-2016, 10:45 AM

Just to clarify, the front mounts are BOTH camber & caster adjustable

(#36)
Old

Default 04-14-2016, 01:13 AM

Please see the following thread for Round 2 of testing: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38578

(#37)
Old

Default 05-28-2016, 12:12 AM

Round 2 Production will begin in June.

Get your pre-orders in at this special price while you can!