N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
administartor

Car: F80 M3
Default NEW!! BMS N55 & B58 Slip-On 3.5" exhaust tips - 07-29-2015, 09:48 PM

Hey Guys,

Just put these new BMS slip-on 3.5" exhaust tips on the site. http://burgertuning.com/exhaust_tips_for_BMW.html

These were custom designed by Burger Motorsports to be a "factory like" replacement tip for those who have the factory N55 & B58 exhaust system, but want upgraded exhaust outlets. The first thing you will notice after installing is the back of the car looks 100% better. After putting these on my 435i, I will never go back to the factory tips. These install by first removing the factory tip, then sliding the BMS tip over the tail pipe in under 5 min for both. They align perfectly and stay on securely. Just like the factory tips. No welding, heavy ugly clamps or set screws for a factory look. Safe for leases. Completely hides the edge of the factory pipe like the stock tips do. These are direct replacements for the factory tip OEM part numbers 18307610633 and 18307610632.

Chrome, Burnt Blue Color, and Gloss Black:
$99.00 a pair (2 Tips)
NOTE: "BMS" logo is not available on top anymore. Due to popular demand they are just blank on top now.

BMS 3.5" Slip-On Exhaust Tips Applications:

N55 BMW 1 Series
2013+ BMW F20 F21 M135

N55 BMW 2 Series
2014+ BMW F22/F23 M235i/ix

N55 & B58 BMW 3 Series
2012+ BMW F30 F31 335i/ix
2012+ BMW F34 GT 335i/ix
2016+ BMW F30 B58 340i/ix

N55 BMW 4 Series
2014+ F32 F33 435i/ix
2014+ F36 Gran Coupe 435i/ix

These tips are vehicle specific and only fit the exact N55 F chassis vehicles below with factory exhaust. Not for any E chassis vehicles. Does not fit the M-Performance exhaust system.

Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 07-29-2015, 10:30 PM

The F34 has the straight dowel. I have the Cyba 3.5" tips for the F30/F32 on my car. The ***** did need to be cut or it showed through the tips. Actually the pipe had to be sectioned and a few inches removed from the middle. A lot more trouble than the others. Plus, they still look puny. The GT M-sports diffuser can easily handle a 4" on each side.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
2000 F150 Lightning
2018 Equinox LT 2.0T

Last edited by Mike_L; 07-29-2015 at 10:52 PM..
(#3)
Old
administartor

Default 07-29-2015, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
The F34 has the straight dowel. I have the Cyba tips for the F30/F32 on my car. The ***** did need to be cut or it showed through the tips. Actually the pipe had to be sectioned and a few inches removed from the middle. A lot more trouble than the others. Plus, they still look puny. The GT M-sports diffuser can easily handle a 4" on each side.
Mike! Thanks for the info on the dowel. No cutting or drama with our tips. They just slide on and stay on in under 5 min. No modification to anything and are completely reversible without a trace.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 07-30-2015, 12:13 AM

They look awesome in person.

Burger Motorsports

(#5)
Old

Car: '12 335i xDrive E92
Default 07-30-2015, 11:48 AM

Looks sweet!
(#6)
Old
administartor

Default 07-30-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
The F34 has the straight dowel. I have the Cyba 3.5" tips for the F30/F32 on my car. The ***** did need to be cut or it showed through the tips. Actually the pipe had to be sectioned and a few inches removed from the middle. A lot more trouble than the others. Plus, they still look puny. The GT M-sports diffuser can easily handle a 4" on each side.
Just put the BMS tips on a brand new 2015 335iX GT today. Took less than a minute for both sides an looks super clean clean and amazing. This is the way the tips should have come from the factory.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 07-30-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ BMS
Just put the BMS tips on a brand new 2015 335iX GT today. Took less than a minute for both sides an looks super clean clean and amazing. This is the way the tips should have come from the factory.
Bah! I should have waited. I went through all that crap, can't ever go back to stock, and even paid more for the Cyba (plus the install cost).

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
2000 F150 Lightning
2018 Equinox LT 2.0T
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 07-30-2015, 07:18 PM

Those look awesome and like I said when we first saw them at NFZ..we want a set for our E90!

Wife has it today but as soon as I have a chance (in a couple hours) I'll see if it's feasible and get you pics and specs.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#9)
Old

Car: 2011 F10 535i
Default 07-30-2015, 07:38 PM

No F10 love?
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 07-30-2015, 11:29 PM

I checked the E90 and the tips did not come off easily. I'll have to investigate more tomorrow to see if they can be "persuaded" and if so, how difficult it is.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#11)
Old

Car: '12 335i xDrive E92
Default 07-31-2015, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
I checked the E90 and the tips did not come off easily. I'll have to investigate more tomorrow to see if they can be "persuaded" and if so, how difficult it is.
I'm sure we could weld it on, I mean I wouldn't be swapping exhaust tips every 6 months. Unless, we generate interest from the E9X platform to get these going for us.
(#12)
Old

Car: E90 335i/6 Msport
Default 07-31-2015, 09:02 AM

I'm curious if these will fit the E90 performance exhaust since they don't come with tips.

2010 535i - 2012 X5D - 2010 GL550 - 2005 Porsche Cayenne S
(#13)
Old
administartor

Default 07-31-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonamafun
No F10 love?
No F10 love with the exhaust tips yet. Maybe in the future. We do love F10s though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
It might be more trouble than its worth. Let us know what you find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_chris
I'm curious if these will fit the E90 performance exhaust since they don't come with tips.
If you want to rig them up to another car the F chassis raw exhaust pipe O.D. is 2.3675"/60.15mm. That is the size of the pipe that these fit over. If your pipe is that exact size then these will probably fit over and stay secure. One of our guys has a BMS tip on on his Honda Element and it looks great.

Below are some close-ups of the laser engraved "BMS" logo. The black ***** feature a smaller logo for a more stealthy appearance.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Car: 335xi 6MT
Default 07-31-2015, 02:08 PM

I saw these on IG yesterday.. looks amazing! Really was hoping they'd fit the E90 too..

08 335xi 6MT | FBO
(#15)
Old

Car: 2013 F21 M135i MT
Default 08-01-2015, 05:17 AM

Awesome product,for the M135 and M235, would it not be possible to offset the laser engraving to accommodate the fitment on order?

2013 F21 M135i 6MT
JB4 / PWG / BMS intake / BMS meth kit / FSB / ER CP / Down Pipe / VTT stg1 / Pure inlet / GFB DV+ / AFE air scoop / N20 Tmap / Rev3 Connect / M performance exhaust / ACS springs / H&R Trak spacers / M Performance V2 steering
(#16)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-01-2015, 06:18 AM

How long will these be on sale? Couple weeks?
(#17)
Old

Car: 11' e92 XDrive Msport
Default 08-01-2015, 08:05 AM

in for an E series run! burnt titanium angle cut. maybe even black angle cuts too! with BMW logo of course.

11' 335xi ///M Sport - JB4 | cp-e CP | BMS ** | AA IC | BMS INTAKE | E85 | Alpina | Intake Scoops | CS16s - kk customed tuned
(#18)
Old
administartor

Default 08-01-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanesh21
Awesome product,for the M135 and M235, would it not be possible to offset the laser engraving to accommodate the fitment on order?
Thanks, Anything is possible, but we have no plans to do that though. For the M135 and M235 You will need to get "straight cut, no logo". If you want the logo on that car it will be tilted 45 inward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smolik
How long will these be on sale? Couple weeks?
Not sure of the exact date, but probably a few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00st3d
in for an E series run! burnt titanium angle cut. maybe even black angle cuts too! with BMW logo of course.
We can't engrave a logo that is not ours. (UPDATE) E chassis 335 tips are here: http://www.burgertuning.com/exhaust_...1_E92_E93.html

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old

Car: 11' e92 XDrive Msport
Default 08-01-2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Thanks, Anything is possible, but we have no plans to do that though. For the M135 and M235 You will need to get "straight cut, no logo". If you want the logo on that car it will be tilted 45 inward.

Not sure of the exact date, but probably a few weeks.

No E chassis exhaust tips are planned. We can't engrave a logo that is not ours.
That was meant to say BMS but my phone auto corrected it. Of course I was referring to BMS logo. I believe we can generate enough buzz in a thread to get these moving forward on an E chassis. I have no doubt.

11' 335xi ///M Sport - JB4 | cp-e CP | BMS ** | AA IC | BMS INTAKE | E85 | Alpina | Intake Scoops | CS16s - kk customed tuned
(#20)
Old
administartor

Default 08-01-2015, 06:58 PM

Looks like 2014 M235 has 45 offset alignment dowel and 2015 M235 have straight up and down alignment dowel. Not sure what month in production the change was made. M135 and M235 will need to check your dowel before ordering. This does not pertain to any F chassis 335 or 435 vehicles.

Burger Motorsports

(#21)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 08-03-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Looks like 2014 M235 has 45 offset alignment dowel and 2015 M235 have straight up and down alignment dowel. Not sure what month in production the change was made. M135 and M235 will need to check your dowel before ordering. This does not pertain to any F chassis 335 or 435 vehicles.
Mine is 14' model, I will verify it today and let you know.
(#22)
Old

Car: 435i
Default 08-03-2015, 08:36 PM

Very nice!
Attached Images

(#23)
Old

Car: n55
Default 08-03-2015, 10:46 PM

Do these fit the oem M performance exhaust? 2015 M235i here.
(#24)
Old
administartor

Default 08-04-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4
Very nice!
WOW! Those look great on a white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc67065
Do these fit the oem M performance exhaust? 2015 M235i here.
The don't work on the M Performance exhaust.

Burger Motorsports

(#25)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335xi E90 N55
Default 08-04-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
The difference is the E9X platform is missing the alignment dowel and you would have to remove your factory tips and I don't think they come off (easily) on the E9X, do they?

The F chassis raw exhaust pipe O.D. is 2.3675"/60.15mm. That is the size of the pipe that these fit over.

Oh, right. I painted my exhaust tips black. I tried to get them off, but it seems they may be pressed or spot welded on. I ended up removing the rear diffuser in order to sand and paint the tips. Was hoping these might slip over the stock tips.

2011 335i xDrive ///M-Sport LeMans Blue Navigation iDrive 15% Tint N55 E90 - BMS Intake, Le Mans Blue Grilles, Le Mans Blue Rear Diffuser, Alpina B3 TCU Flash, Misc Coding, Matte Black Badge, Gloss Black Exhaust Tips, Blue Calipers*, VRSF Charge Pipe*, Cyba Scoops*, JB4 ISO 5.5, Sport Oil Cooler Valve, FlexFuel (Fuel Rail Pressure) Wires, Wheel Lock Set, Ethanol Content Sensor - No problems up to E70 fuel mix
* Painted 7251 Cobalt Blue Metallic - Matches LeMans Blue