N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2013 Genesis Coupe
Default Flashing back to stock - 06-26-2015, 02:11 PM

Few weeks ago, I was having some problems with the car so I tried to flash back to stock and the dme was in recovery mode, it stated that I wasn't programmable, so I flashed back to bms back end flash and everything was fine then. My question, is there a special way to reflash back to stock? I have my original file which is saved as .Org, I'm just not sure how to flash back to stock
(#2)
Old

Car: AW 135i
Default 06-26-2015, 03:35 PM

I'm assuming your talking about the BB flasher. A lot of people including myself have had issues with flashing back to stock. I recommend just doing it with Winkfp if you have that setup.

2010 AW/BLK 135i VM 6465 Single Turbo, JB4 + MHD, VRSF CP & Tial, Big Tom, Fuel-It PI + Stage 3 + Return + Ethanol Sensor, BMW PE, MFactory LSD & Axles, Spec 3+ & MFactory SMFW, RB External PCV
Best stock turbo 12.5 @ 19.46 spinning all the way down
RIP 2008 AW/BL 135i
(#3)
Old

Default 06-26-2015, 06:01 PM

Ya I used the BB flasher, can you enlighten me on what Winkfp is?
(#4)
Old

Default 06-26-2015, 06:02 PM

Also I can't believe I posted in the wrong section lol, mods can you move this to support section?
(#5)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 06-26-2015, 10:53 PM

I would suggest to save your time and make it easy and headache free, get the MHD on your Android with OTG and cable, simply buy the BMS flash with 79$ Once and you can flash back to stock in simple 2 clicks and you are done... Plus you can flash to any MHD BMS flash as many times as you want with 2 minute time and flash back to stock in 2 minutes.

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#6)
Old

Default 06-26-2015, 11:25 PM

I already invested in a $179 bav technic cable lol, not really wanting to have no use for that cable anymore. It's not like I'm going to flash back to stock anytime soon I just would like to have the ability too, on the event I need to do that.
(#7)
Old
Legend

Default 06-27-2015, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen@StreetKingImports
I already invested in a $179 bav technic cable lol, not really wanting to have no use for that cable anymore. It's not like I'm going to flash back to stock anytime soon I just would like to have the ability too, on the event I need to do that.
You can sell it over here or eBay and buy 2$ OTG and 29$ BMWcable and 79$ MHD and you save some money,

I never thought to flash my car with the BB flash after reading all the issues and problems faced others but with MHD it was just plug and play so I can flash and reflash to stock and change flash in 2 minutes without being afraid to screw my ECU

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#8)
Old

Default 06-27-2015, 04:38 PM

So I cash flash from my BB flash to mhd without a problem? And as far as my files go I just download them to me cell phone and that's it?
(#9)
Old
Legend

Default 06-28-2015, 02:26 AM

Quote:
So I cash flash from my BB flash to mhd without a problem? And as far as my files go I just download them to me cell phone and that's it?
The beauty of MHD you can flash directly to the BMS flash maps without the need to remove the BB flash,

Yes your maps will be on your Android phone and anytime you connect and flash any map or flash to stock

(#10)
Old

Default 06-29-2015, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushan
The beauty of MHD you can flash directly to the BMS flash maps without the need to remove the BB flash,

Yes your maps will be on your Android phone and anytime you connect and flash any map or flash to stock
So let me get this straight, I just need a dcan cable, otg, and the app? I already downloaded the app when do you actually pay for the flash?
(#11)
Old
Legend

Default 06-29-2015, 03:08 AM

Once you connect it to your ECU and read your ECU and select BMS flash it will ask you to pay for the license and you are ready to go

(#12)
Old

Car: 535i 6MT
Default 06-29-2015, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Once you connect it to your ECU and read your ECU and select BMS flash it will ask you to pay for the license and you are ready to go
This is only one time fee right? What about custom flash?

2008 535i 6MT * JB4 G5 ISO * Luke performance flash * E40 * BMS 100% Meth * AR meowless ** * ETS FMIC * BMS OCC * BMS DCI * ER chargepipe * HKS bov * CDV deleted * Ksport coilovers * UUC short shift kit * AC schnitzer rear spolier *
(#13)
Old
Legend

Default 06-29-2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkninja
This is only one time fee right? What about custom flash?
Yes as long as you are uploading BMS JB4 flash files you can do it as much as you want, if you want to go stage 1 or stage 2 MHD flash you need to buy it separately as its not related to the JB4 BMS maps

(#14)
Old

Default 06-30-2015, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Yes as long as you are uploading BMS JB4 flash files you can do it as much as you want, if you want to go stage 1 or stage 2 MHD flash you need to buy it separately as its not related to the JB4 BMS maps
Now I read my stock ecu through the BB flash will that cause a problem, and where do you recommend a good dcan cable?
(#15)
Old
Legend

Default 06-30-2015, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Now I read my stock ecu through the BB flash will that cause a problem, and where do you recommend a good dcan cable?
That should be fine, MHD can write over the BB flash directly without the need to flash back to stock from BB

As for the cable I had this

KCRIUS(TM) K+D CAN USB Interface OBD2 Cable Diagnostic Scanner for BMW only https://www.amazon.com/**/B008KZDDGA..._WaMKvbX60AQJQ

And it worked for me

(#16)
Old

Default 06-30-2015, 02:28 AM

Ya I mean I extracted the stock file from BB software I should be able to upload to cellphone no problem and flash back to stock? and there is 0 chance of bricking the dme?
(#17)
Old
Legend

Default 06-30-2015, 03:21 AM

Nobody had issues with MHD and all should be smooth and easy, just make sure you set you JB4 to map 0 and preferable to connect a battery charger,

I guess your BB stock file is .org the MHD files .bin in case later you need to use that file just rename it from .org to .bin

(#18)
Old

Default 07-02-2015, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Nobody had issues with MHD and all should be smooth and easy, just make sure you set you JB4 to map 0 and preferable to connect a battery charger,

I guess your BB stock file is .org the MHD files .bin in case later you need to use that file just rename it from .org to .bin
So just rename the file as . bin? Last Time I tried flashing with BB the file was .org maybe that was the problem but I'm interested in the MHD. How long are the flashes specially with stock factory file?
(#19)
Old
Legend

Default 07-02-2015, 03:39 AM

Quote:
So just rename the file as . bin? Last Time I tried flashing with BB the file was .org maybe that was the problem but I'm interested in the MHD. How long are the flashes specially with stock factory file?
BB uses .org format and MHD .bin format

1st flash on MHD would take between 25-35 minutes, then any new flash and changing between pump or race or E85 flashes would take 2 minutes

(#20)
Old

Default 07-02-2015, 08:08 AM

Really why do the bms files say .bin? So change it from . org won't effect anything?
(#21)
Old
Legend

Default 07-02-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Really why do the bms files say .bin? So change it from . org won't effect anything?
In the MHD BMS flash posts this been asked few times and seems it's only the extension that is different, I guess it's to differentiate both flash tools..

(#22)
Old

Default 07-02-2015, 07:50 PM

I'm still confused because they both are bin files though
(#23)
Old

Default 07-02-2015, 08:05 PM

If you look at both flash maps they are .bin, the only .org was when I first read the stock ecu everything else is .bin I took the liberty to look at both on my laptop
(#24)
Old
Legend

Default 07-03-2015, 03:47 AM

Quote:
If you look at both flash maps they are .bin, the only .org was when I first read the stock ecu everything else is .bin I took the liberty to look at both on my laptop
Are you on IJE0S? Or I8E0S? you don't need even to upload your bin or org file, if you just connect to MHD and click flash back to stock it will write you the appropriate stock OEM flash which is completely stock version to ECU

(#25)
Old

Default 07-03-2015, 07:39 PM

I'm ijeos, if it's that easy that would be awesome, just don't know how mhd knows what stock is, can you confirm by possibly trying to do that?