N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2526)
Old

Car: bmw 335i
Red face on3 - 02-02-2017, 06:44 PM

Hi, new to the forum. I have a 335i I'm in the middle of a single turbo upgrade from on3, I don't have much experience with vacuum systems, i have two solenoids and small lines. So after looking everything over i have to change out the lines to bigger ones i know that but looking at the diagrams on this forums i honestly have no idea what to take off, what to add, what i need, and what to look for and would love some help working me through my build.

Last edited by Fyirra; 02-02-2017 at 06:50 PM..
(#2527)
Old

Car: 08 335xi
Default 02-02-2017, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyirra
Hi, new to the forum. I have a 335i I'm in the middle of a single turbo upgrade from on3, I don't have much experience with vacuum systems, i have two solenoids and small lines. So after looking everything over i have to change out the lines to bigger ones i know that but looking at the diagrams on this forums i honestly have no idea what to take off, what to add, what i need, and what to look for and would love some help working me through my build.
Do you have a JB4 and mac solenoid for boost control? If so you get rid of both of the stock solenoids. Plug the MAC into either of the factory plugs from the solenoids you removed and then run the vacuum lines like shown on the first page

09 335 - 6266
07 335i - 6870, E85 - SOLD
08 335xi - 6466, custom direct port meth - SOLD
(#2528)
Old

Default 02-03-2017, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan
Do you have a JB4 and mac solenoid for boost control? If so you get rid of both of the stock solenoids. Plug the MAC into either of the factory plugs from the solenoids you removed and then run the vacuum lines like shown on the first page
That's is where I'm kinda confused, it has a line going to the turbo and connecting to it, there is no connection on my turbo for me to do that. I must be missing something important.
(#2529)
Old

Car: V10M5 & turbo stuff
Default 02-04-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
That's is where I'm kinda confused, it has a line going to the turbo and connecting to it, there is no connection on my turbo for me to do that. I must be missing something important.
Some turbos don't come with a hole tapped already. You either need to tap your own. Or connect it as long as possible to the boost side of the turbo.

I asked this same question above. Read the previous posts.

www.themalibumafia.com
Instagram - @MalibuMV
2006 BMW M5 - REALLY LOUD
2007 BMW 335i - Single Turbo 6266
(#2530)
Old

Default 02-04-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMafiaV
Some turbos don't come with a hole tapped already. You either need to tap your own. Or connect it as long as possible to the boost side of the turbo.

I asked this same question above. Read the previous posts.
I'm sorry thatiasked the same question again, there is 103 pages to this forum bow now finding one post is time consuming.

You said that as long as its attacked to the boost side of the Turbo does that mean I can put it in my intercooler?
(#2531)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-06-2017, 10:03 AM

You want the WG boost reference as close to the compressor outlet as possible. Hot side of the IC can work if you are unable to get it on the housing directly. The further away it is the more slop you'll have in the control system tuning it down the road.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2532)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-06-2017, 02:44 PM

Started to fill in a FAQ in the first post. Let me know what else you guys think we should add in there!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2533)
Old

Default 02-07-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Started to fill in a FAQ in the first post. Let me know what else you guys think we should add in there!
Awesome! thanks Terry.

More questions lol.

Does mixing E85 w/ pump auto tune to the fuel in any ST map?

Does the FF automatically adjust itself to where it needs to be eventually after setting low?

I know I have more questions but for now that's what I can think of.

www.themalibumafia.com
Instagram - @MalibuMV
(#2534)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-07-2017, 01:36 PM

ST autotuning is currently switched off in firmware. So pick the boost level more appropriate to your power goals and the E85 mixture being used.

Burger Motorsports

(#2535)
Old

Default 02-07-2017, 01:46 PM

Quote:
ST autotuning is currently switched off in firmware. So pick the boost level more appropriate to your power goals and the E85 mixture being used.
Well that's just it. How do I gauge that? how much E85 do I need to run 18+ psi.

What can I expect from 40-50% E85 mixed with 91? which map should I been in with that type of mixture?

www.themalibumafia.com
Instagram - @MalibuMV
(#2536)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-08-2017, 10:29 AM

Since there is such a wide variation once you get in to the single turbo realm it's best to look at each situation on a case by case basis. Gut feeling is 30% E85 and map2 or map3 are going to be your best bet without PI or meth.

Burger Motorsports

(#2537)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 02-13-2017, 04:32 AM

Hi guys

I would like to share a view video of my Single turbo 335i and Z4 35i.
The 335i was completed a few years back and was the first Single turbo n54 in South Africa. My Z4 is also the first ST in the country. I will be adding more videos soon.

You can check the videos out at https://www.youtube.com/user/KrS247
(#2538)
Old

Default 02-16-2017, 11:35 AM

Got a new one for you Terry.

What spark plug should be used for Single turbo setup?
Stock ones seem to do fine so far. But do you recommend some colder ones or?

www.themalibumafia.com
Instagram - @MalibuMV
(#2539)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-16-2017, 12:31 PM

The 5992s work fine and are well proven over the years, but no reason not to run the 2step colder NGKs we carry now, if you're doing a swap.

Burger Motorsports

(#2540)
Old

Car: Single Turbo 335i
Default 02-17-2017, 02:33 PM

Recently went big turbo however hen i attempt to go to the steering wheel controll and select 4 on the speedo, the rpm meter shows 0 but with the single turbo firmware i thought it was supposed to be at 3 for no backend flash. Tried setting it to 3 on the rpm side but it always returns to 0, can you think of possible sollution or why the jb4 is showing 4/0 not 4/3
(#2541)
Old

Default 02-17-2017, 02:35 PM

Also, the car is only boosting around 8psi, I am not running a mhd flash as of now , is it required to have the car boost in according to the maps that are set w the jb4 or should it be hitting the psi that the maps are set to without the backend flash
(#2542)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-17-2017, 02:57 PM

There is no menu 4 mode with single turbo firmware....

Burger Motorsports

(#2543)
Old

Default 02-17-2017, 03:12 PM

so the only difference is the map boost levels now, and then when i get the MHD backend flash later on today, it will automatically run in sync w the JB4 without me having to do anything?
(#2544)
Old

Default 02-17-2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitry18
so the only difference is the map boost levels now, and then when i get the MHD backend flash later on today, it will automatically run in sync w the JB4 without me having to do anything?
Correct. You update JB4 to single turbo software. Read all the maps all they are is psi levels. Other then map 1 is wastegate spring only.

Then you MHD flash to single turbo with that and that's it.

www.themalibumafia.com
Instagram - @MalibuMV
(#2545)
Old

Default 02-17-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
The 5992s work fine and are well proven over the years, but no reason not to run the 2step colder NGKs we carry now, if you're doing a swap.
the 2 step colders are the NGK 97506 correct?

www.themalibumafia.com
Instagram - @MalibuMV
(#2546)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-18-2017, 10:05 AM

Yes

Burger Motorsports

(#2547)
Old

Car: 335iS
Default 02-22-2017, 09:09 PM

Terry is the INAOS single turbo BEF configured for DCT? I want to make sure shifts are good.
(#2548)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-22-2017, 09:10 PM

Yes

Burger Motorsports

(#2549)
Old

Default Extra lines - 02-23-2017, 03:11 PM

So i was able to get the vacuum system in place, not sure what to do with these lines though, they seem to be left over. http://imgur.com/AyfFVmM. I was not able to attach the photo.
(#2550)
Old

Default 02-23-2017, 03:19 PM

Quote:
So i was able to get the vacuum system in place, not sure what to do with these lines though, they seem to be left over. http://imgur.com/AyfFVmM. I was not able to attach the photo.
I'll tell you one thing. You better move your ignition wires ASAP far far away from the turbo lol.

www.themalibumafia.com
Instagram - @MalibuMV