N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3701)
Old

Car: 10 E82
Default 12-06-2011, 03:07 PM

How do i Set Option 5/7? i tried to both - and + after i choose 7 in Menu 5 but it does not seem to save that setting and i do not get the Gauge sweep at startup..
(#3702)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 535i Sport
Send a message via Yahoo to Ocean
Default 12-06-2011, 03:23 PM

First do 5 on the left, then 7. Then click left button on speedo down until needle hits zero. Turn power off. Wait a sec, now start the car. Should sweep then, which is a cool way of JB4 telling you it is engaged. It also shows for a few secs what the actual tank level is at.
This procedure seems to work for me, sometimes you have to do it a couple of times.

Sleeper 5 series
Performance: Pro tuned MHD, xHP Stage 3 TCU flash, DCI, AR kittens, ER FMIC & CP, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP w ported rail, RB turbos, RB inlets, KW V2, Mfactory LSD
Audio: Jehnert Flatline speakers, Mobridge M1000 DA2 digital preamp, Helix P-DSP, Zapco Z-150.6 amp, CIC iDrive upgrade
(#3703)
Old
Boosted

Car: 2007 335is E90
Default 12-06-2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiss91
"This feature solves the issue of accidentally brushing agains the factory rev limit, causing a throttle blade closure, boost dump, and bog. So instead of having a 7000rpm soft rev limit, the Procede introduces a lower hard rev limit at whatever engine speed you request. For the vast majority of applications, setting this value to 6700rpm will do the trick. Now when you lose traction (and or fail to shift fast enough) and run into the rev limit, you won't bog and discharge all your boost. Instead, you will hear bap-bap-bap-bap. Boost will stay constant. Throttle will stay open. And you will know it's time to shift. And when you shift, boost will be there, the throttle blade will be wide open and you will pull hard and bog-free. This will work with or without NLS (no-lift shift)."

That is a quote from bimmerpost about a software update for the proceed tune. I hope this is going to be introduced for the JB4. I have a 2007 335xi 6AT. When I go WOT 1->2 gear I hit the rev limiter in 1st pretty hard and get a bog, the boost dumps, and the shift to 2nd is pretty awkward.

No complaints or anything cause the only reason it's a problem is cause the jb4 makes the car really fast but this feature would be incredibly useful for us 6AT owners. Thanks terry!
I have the same problem, please find a fix. It is not my tranny slipping either, it just seems to fall on its face when it shifts. It is more noticeable when it shifts around redline. I have got to be losing at least .25 at the track with this issue, plus I hate my car pulling that many rpm's when there is no reason for it to redline(dyno graphs). Yes I could use my paddle shifters, but there nothing to cheer about when it comes to shift firmness or time, also sometimes I just want to hit it and not have to throw it in MS. Something isn't right here!!
(#3704)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 12-06-2011, 10:50 PM

^^^x3...

Or that embarassing moment when you try to do a burnout, and the car falls on its face....

or when you launch, rpms jump straight to redline, shifts up, realizes youre still going 10mph, and shifts back down to 1st....

grrrr

07 A/W e90-
Jb4/DCI/IC/PUMP+METH=-12.2 @ 116
JB4/DCI/IC/Meth+Race Gas/slicks= faulty ET board
1988 Mitsubishi Starion, built, rwd, lsd, 2.7L I-4 Turbo
(#3705)
Old

Car: 08 e90 sedan
Default 12-07-2011, 04:12 PM

Hey Terri, does the JB4 pass actual fuel usage to the DME? The reason I ask is because my "MILES UNTIL EMPTY" readout always misses the mark by about 50-70 miles from actual odometer reading. Before JB4 it was actually pretty accurate. Or am I just stepping on it too much?
(#3706)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-07-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geterdone
I have the same problem, please find a fix. It is not my tranny slipping either, it just seems to fall on its face when it shifts. It is more noticeable when it shifts around redline. I have got to be losing at least .25 at the track with this issue, plus I hate my car pulling that many rpm's when there is no reason for it to redline(dyno graphs). Yes I could use my paddle shifters, but there nothing to cheer about when it comes to shift firmness or time, also sometimes I just want to hit it and not have to throw it in MS. Something isn't right here!!
How is lowering the rev limiter going to resolve this for you? Say I set the rev limiter to 6200rpm. Then, as soon as you hit 6200rpm, which will happen every time as the TCU is still programmed to shift at 6800rpm, you'll loose all power and bog until you shift manually to the next gear.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3707)
Old
Boosted

Car: 2007 335is E90
Default 12-08-2011, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
How is lowering the rev limiter going to resolve this for you? Say I set the rev limiter to 6200rpm. Then, as soon as you hit 6200rpm, which will happen every time as the TCU is still programmed to shift at 6800rpm, you'll loose all power and bog until you shift manually to the next gear.
I don't know, I was just hoping that it may somehow fix it. I know that sounds idiotic and it is, but just hoping is all I can do for know until somebody figures out the delay. Its been to the dealership numerous times, they always tell me there is nothing wrong and it shifts slow for comfort reasons.
(#3708)
Old

Car: '07 SGM 335i
Default 12-08-2011, 05:54 AM

Any updates on the "12/1" release? I'm looking forward to the new features!
(#3709)
Old

Car: 2010 135i
Default 12-08-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTepper
+1!

2010 135i | 6MT | Le Mans | Prem Pkg | M Pkg | CA | Hi-Fi | Boston | Other Cool Stuff
(#3710)
Old

Default 12-08-2011, 10:11 AM

I'm pretty sure today is 12/8...
(#3711)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-08-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
No but testing and development continues.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3712)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 12-08-2011, 10:54 AM

what changes/ features are going to be with the new HEX?
(#3713)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-08-2011, 10:55 AM

When it's posted we'll put a summary of updates with it as we always do.

Burger Motorsports

(#3714)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-08-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geterdone
I don't know, I was just hoping that it may somehow fix it. I know that sounds idiotic and it is, but just hoping is all I can do for know until somebody figures out the delay. Its been to the dealership numerous times, they always tell me there is nothing wrong and it shifts slow for comfort reasons.
What you need is programming to shift sooner. It may be possible to have the JB4 hijack your paddle shifters and shift for you at 6000rpm, for example. It's something we're planning on looking at some day.

Burger Motorsports

(#3715)
Old
IXLR8

Car: 335xi
Default Rev Limiter? - 12-08-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
I see a setting for shift light indicator, but no limiter. Where might I find this?

(#3716)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-08-2011, 12:05 PM

There is no current feature to lower the rev limiter.

Burger Motorsports

(#3717)
Old
IXLR8

Car: 335xi
Default 12-08-2011, 12:13 PM

Ah, I just got a little confused about the commenting of the "rev limiter". Also, since I have a MT Xi, could there be a setting to let the Xiers spray meth in 1st without needing to disable traction control? I don't have a traction problem. Maybe a box to click if you're an Xi and then it ignores the traction control? And this would solve my I-Drive car not being able to use the setting to automatically disable TC. Santa might bring you something if this could work!
(#3718)
Old

Car: '99 turbo M3 - 07 JB4 335XI
Default 12-09-2011, 08:54 AM

I searched to know the best map for a stock N54 with 91oct (highest available here).
Map 1 of 5 ?

congrats on the product, it's nice to see all those options and updates !

1999 Technique tuning turbo M3
2007 JB4 335XI
(#3719)
Old

Default 12-09-2011, 09:38 AM

Map 5, it will automatically adjust (auto tune). I saw higher boost levels and felt more power than Map 2 on Map 5
(#3720)
Old
tryandkeepup

Default Turbo Timer Integration? - 12-09-2011, 11:39 AM

Any plans for a Turbo Timer to be integrated into the JB4?

2013 SPONSORED BRENTUNING http://www.brentuning.com
(#3721)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-09-2011, 11:43 AM

You already have one from BMW!

Burger Motorsports

(#3722)
Old

Default 12-09-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
You already have one from BMW!
The Start/Stop switch?
(#3723)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-09-2011, 11:46 AM

LOL BMW runs the electric water pump after you shut down the engine to help cool the turbos.

Burger Motorsports

(#3724)
Old

Default 12-09-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
LOL BMW runs the electric water pump after you shut down the engine to help cool the turbos.
That explains one of the "gremlin" noises I hear coming from my car
(#3725)
Old
tryandkeepup

Default 12-09-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
That explains one of the "gremlin" noises I hear coming from my car

haha thanks guys

2013 SPONSORED BRENTUNING http://www.brentuning.com