N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2476)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Car: 07 E90 Non Sport...Sleeper
Send a message via AIM to mobilefitt
Default 05-31-2011, 03:13 AM

sounds like a torrent love affair. I had a similar set up, new the guys that worked on my car, tipped them well. I was that much more livid when these same guys that I thought were my friends let some jack ass upload the lag infested software of a few years back. I was pre 2.92 be design for over 2 years before they neutered my car. . This guy then crashed the dealership computer on my car, couldn't reset the adaptions and called me up with it stuck in a fast idle saying, can you come pull your tune out for us? BTW that will be $500 for a DME reprogram that, oh by the way, everyone here knows you didn't want!.

JB4 15ohm w/ FSB & CM10, ETS-FMIC, Evolution Race Works charge pipe, Forge DVs, AR *********, Injen dual cones, DIY catch can-vent to atmosphere, Koni FSD,TSW Donnington 18's, Bridgestone Potenza 760 Sports.
(#2477)
Old

Car: 2002, Bavaria, E39 528i, E36 M3, E61 535xit
Default 05-31-2011, 04:44 AM

While Map 0 on a JB4 is the stock map, would the presence of the JB4 even in bypass mode interfere with a dealer reprogram and expose itself that way?
(#2478)
Old

Car: 2011 335is DCT
Default 05-31-2011, 05:12 AM

Sad sorry man and pbonsalb, I think the same. I placed it on map 0 when i brought it in. they didnt even find my tune. my bud who works there ask if i had a tune. were real close so no worries.
(#2479)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Car: 07 E90 Non Sport...Sleeper
Send a message via AIM to mobilefitt
Default 05-31-2011, 09:02 AM

No way to detect just yet at the dealership unless they open up The ecu.

JB4 15ohm w/ FSB & CM10, ETS-FMIC, Evolution Race Works charge pipe, Forge DVs, AR *********, Injen dual cones, DIY catch can-vent to atmosphere, Koni FSD,TSW Donnington 18's, Bridgestone Potenza 760 Sports.
(#2480)
Old
Boost Rat

Car: 2007 335i
Default 05-31-2011, 02:13 PM

Do not leave JB4 in for reprograms. The stock ECU will not recieve the info and dealer will waste many man hours trying over and over again. This happened me, the dealer didnt care it was there, they even uninstalled and reinstalled it to reprogam. They were just pissed that they wasted man hours and shop reprogramer for 2 days before i told them. Just take 45 minutes and yank it out, save the risk/headache.

'07 335i step. JB4, raceland ********.
(#2481)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-31-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb
While Map 0 on a JB4 is the stock map, would the presence of the JB4 even in bypass mode interfere with a dealer reprogram and expose itself that way?
As long as its on map 0 there should be no issues. Myself and hundreds of customers have updated that way. But safest thing to do is remove it if you are concerned.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2482)
Old
Boost Rat

Car: 2007 335i
Default 05-31-2011, 03:15 PM

Ya, i thought that would be the case also. But they tried for two days after my new fuel pump recall and were about to order an ECU under warenty. Then they unhooked it and all was good. I will try again next time I go for a reprogram.

'07 335i step. JB4, raceland ********.
(#2483)
Old
Velocity Challenged

Car: 2007 335i AT
Default 05-31-2011, 06:29 PM

Hey T, what goodies are planed in your next bag of tricks/firmare update?
(#2484)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-31-2011, 06:30 PM

Been pretty busy lately, lol. Should have a new alpha firmware ready for testing later this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheWorks
1) Adjusted heavy part throttle wastegate mapping to reduce part throttle oscillation.
2) Corrected bug allowing effective PWM limit to be raised an additional 0.4%.
3) If the "mode" option under settings is set to any value greater than 0 user settings will not be reset to default during firmware uploads. Useful for those with custom mapping, etc.
4) Enabled methanol mapping additive and overflow failsafe for user definable map 6 as well as map 3.
5) Fixed bug with map 6 lower rpm boost values not saving.
6) Fixed bug with false 2ABC code triggered at very high elevations of 10,000'+
7) Added support for VC2/CMGS FSB by setting FutureUseD to 100, and JB4 direct FSB by setting FutureUseD to 99.
8) Changed unused "FpSafety" user adjustable to "FpMapping" adjustable now used for fine tuning fuel pressure. A value of 0 disables fuel pressure mapping. A value of 90 matches the previous setting and is the new default.
9) Moved disabling adaptive FFPID from FutureUseD=99 to FutureUseD=98.
10) Adjusted laptop steering wheel commands to only function if FutureUseD=1 is set disabling normal steering wheel controls.
11) If FutureUseD = 7 then "Exp1" displays water temperature in F.
12) Added alpha "max cool mode" feature. Enable with menu 6 option 1. Disable with menu 6 option 2. Water pump and fan will run at 100% duty when water temperature is between 160 and 202 degrees F. At 203 degrees F the DME ignores the fan command but appears to continue to overrun the water pump. We'll keep working on finding a way to extend the fan range upward to make the feature more useful.
13) If FutureUseD = 77 then in addition to DB9/4 being used for the nitrous trigger KMH is also logged under Exp1.
14) Added WaterTemp, EGT,and AFR options to gauge hijacking. Note EGT is read from factory DME and more study is required to determine if there is any useful application for it as a gauge.
15) Changed menu 2 for fuel gauge only options and added menu 7 for oil gauge only options. Allowing independent configuration of 7 parameters on each.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2485)
Old

Car: BMW 135i
Default 05-31-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:
7) Added support for VC2/CMGS FSB by setting FutureUseD to 100, and JB4 direct FSB by setting FutureUseD to 99.
Does this mean you will be selling a new meth kit without the VC2/CGMS but with the new failsafe?
(#2486)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 05-31-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Been pretty busy lately, lol. Should have a new alpha firmware ready for testing later this week.
"Adjusted heavy part throttle wastegate mapping to reduce part throttle oscillation."
(#2487)
Old
Velocity Challenged

Car: 2007 335i AT
Default 05-31-2011, 07:49 PM

Looking forward to 4) and 7)!
(#2488)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-31-2011, 08:02 PM

I've noticed the last few days that at some point during every trip the turn-signals light up for just a moment then go away. I haven't linked it to any sort of behavior. I also have the P3 Cars V2 Gauge...Anyone see this?

Thanks,

Tim
(#2489)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-31-2011, 08:04 PM

No idea if the V2 gauge is fully compatible with the JB4 as they both use the CANbus. But that would be my first suspect if odd things are happening.

Burger Motorsports

(#2490)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-31-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogle
Does this mean you will be selling a new meth kit without the VC2/CGMS but with the new failsafe?
Yes, we will offer a kit or two with the FSB only.

Burger Motorsports

(#2491)
Old
Turbo Lover

Car: 300zx TT, 1M
Send a message via Skype™ to SlicktopTTZ
Default 05-31-2011, 08:49 PM

At what temp do the water pump and fan normally run at 100%, if ever?

(#2492)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-31-2011, 08:58 PM

Takes quite a bit of temp normally. > 240 IIRC.

Burger Motorsports

(#2493)
Old

Car: 2011 335is
Default 05-31-2011, 09:28 PM

Installed my JB4 on my 335is today, car only has 190 miles on it. I only tried Map1 for a few <4500rpm pulls, wow, what a difference. I set it back to map0 though while Im still in break in.

Stupid me forgot to update to 4/22 firmware though, so Ill have to go through everything again tomorrow

2011 335is Le Mans Blue l Black Interior l Convenience Package l iDrive l Heated Seats l Manual Trans l JB4 l BMS DCI l AWE BOV
Order Date: 4/12/11
Delivery: 5/30/11
(#2494)
Old

Default 05-31-2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaZe_X
Stupid me forgot to update to 4/22 firmware though, so Ill have to go through everything again tomorrow
No USB routed through the glove box?
(#2495)
Old

Car: 2011 335is
Default 05-31-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPhantom
No USB routed through the glove box?
I intended to, but I was so excited once I installed it I forgot to do that also, lol. Atleast me doing it again will give me extra practice

2011 335is Le Mans Blue l Black Interior l Convenience Package l iDrive l Heated Seats l Manual Trans l JB4 l BMS DCI l AWE BOV
Order Date: 4/12/11
Delivery: 5/30/11
(#2496)
Old

Car: 2002, Bavaria, E39 528i, E36 M3, E61 535xit
Default 06-01-2011, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhatimay
I've noticed the last few days that at some point during every trip the turn-signals light up for just a moment then go away. I haven't linked it to any sort of behavior. I also have the P3 Cars V2 Gauge...Anyone see this?

Thanks,

Tim
If it is happening near redline, it is the shift light. The steering wheel control guide says it can be turned on or off, but I have not tried yet. I have the February update JB4 and get the shiftlights on my auto trans left in D.
(#2497)
Old

Car: 335
Default 06-01-2011, 11:29 AM

Terry, with the coming onslaught of people with RB turbos, is there any chance for an RB turbo specific map? One no meth? Or is there another route we should be using? Thanks!
(#2498)
Old
Enjoys Retirement

Car: 09 135i with M-sport Pkg
Default 06-01-2011, 11:55 AM

Finally Maxcool........

Did some more logs today and will be sending them in very soon.

Autobahn.......its what's for dinner!!!
(#2499)
Old
Turbo Lover

Car: 300zx TT, 1M
Send a message via Skype™ to SlicktopTTZ
Default 06-01-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb
If it is happening near redline, it is the shift light. The steering wheel control guide says it can be turned on or off, but I have not tried yet. I have the February update JB4 and get the shiftlights on my auto trans left in D.
i freaked my friends out with that too.

(#2500)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 06-01-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsabor67
Finally Maxcool........

Did some more logs today and will be sending them in very soon.
where did u get that maxcool firmware?? i neeedddd !!