N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2009 E92 335i DCT
Default DCT Bog is back (well never really stopped.) - 07-09-2019, 09:45 PM

Good morning all.

This morning had a strange issue where at the traffic light on myvwaybto work, I pulled off like normal but as i touched the gas the car lurched/bogged and went to Neutral.
I immediately switched the lever to D and took off again fine.

The car often bogs on pull away. The feeling is almost like a stall. Touch the gas, soon as the car wants to move off, the car feels like it wants to stall then iff it goes again. Sometimes it's so severe that I see the Cluster needles sweep (JB4), so it's like the car restarts in a sense, but I dont have to restart the engine.
I did have a thread on this a while back. And I loaded the latest JB4 firmware and latest BeF and it seemed to have disappeared. But I attribute it to maybe driving a little different? Dont know. But the car still bugs down on initial pull away.

I have the 8609092 software loaded, however I had this issue previously on the stock DCT software also.
Previously i did have BMW update the entire car they did say that the TCU software was done also. But i cant be sure, can only take their word on it.

Anyone have this ever at all on their DCT?
My car drives beautifully otherwise. It's just the damn initial pull away. Sometimes its butter smooth. But other times it has that bog/almost stall. Cant explain it any other way.

Thanks in advance.
(#2)
Old
Demigod

Car: 335i MSport DCT
Default 07-16-2019, 04:43 AM

If the JB4 needles sweep then it sounds like the JB4 lost power and got it back again.

Terry might be able to confirm if a JB4 can reboot and if that causes a sweep.

On the DCT I'd get a copy of ISTA and do a clutch reset\recalibration. In case the adaptations have got out of whack.

UK FBO 335i, GCs, JB4, PI meth, BMS CP, OCC, Braided brake lines. Diff Lockdown. TMAP sensor, custom bucketless stage2

11.79@119mph on stockers, CP meth (UK, Santa Pod)
11.74@129mph on GCs, custom port meth injection.
(#3)
Old

Car: 2011 335is, 1972 2002
Default DCT bog - 07-23-2019, 11:55 AM

I have an '11 335iS but I have not experienced this. Currently I have JB4, DCI and **'s. I am about to do the MHD BeF and while reading its instructions I noticed that it asks what tranny you are running.... any chance you may have clicked the wrong option (just a thought). It almost sounds like your clutch is engaging too soon and cause a stall, the only thing that has me guessing is why did it go into "N" and not "P". There is a calibration process that is used when doing a tranny service job on our DCT's, maybe you clutches are off and need to be re-calibrated.

Hope this helps...
(#4)
Old

Car: 2009 E92 335i DCT
Default 07-23-2019, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAWS
If the JB4 needles sweep then it sounds like the JB4 lost power and got it back again.

Terry might be able to confirm if a JB4 can reboot and if that causes a sweep.

On the DCT I'd get a copy of ISTA and do a clutch reset\recalibration. In case the adaptations have got out of whack.
Ive had the clutches and DCT calibrated at BMW, and was present while they did it so i could see the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7D2OhTwo
I have an '11 335iS but I have not experienced this. Currently I have JB4, DCI and **'s. I am about to do the MHD BeF and while reading its instructions I noticed that it asks what tranny you are running.... any chance you may have clicked the wrong option (just a thought). It almost sounds like your clutch is engaging too soon and cause a stall, the only thing that has me guessing is why did it go into "N" and not "P". There is a calibration process that is used when doing a tranny service job on our DCT's, maybe you clutches are off and need to be re-calibrated.

Hope this helps...
Im not sure how you getting a Transmission option, as the BEF doesnt request this from what ive seen, the only way that MHD provides nd option for Transmission selection is when you writing the OTS maps, and you need to select the Transmission you have.

BEF flash options are minimal, unless mine is for some reason not showing it?
(#5)
Old

Car: 2011 335is, 1972 2002
Default 07-24-2019, 10:41 AM

The menu I was referring to is shown on the MHD instructions. I have attached the image of what I was referring to. Again I am no expert, just a fellow fan of the DCT cars.
Attached Images