N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 07-04-2015, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen@StreetKingImports
I'm ijeos, if it's that easy that would be awesome, just don't know how mhd knows what stock is, can you confirm by possibly trying to do that?
MHD will detect your VIN and H/W DME once you connect to it, if you choose flash back to stock it will look in the folder, if you don't have your stock flash there, it will write default stock map flash for your ije0s.

Yesterday I flashed my car back to stock, took 22 minutes, then flashing it MHD JB4 race flash took 35 minutes then once it's flashed changing between race flash to pump flash or E85 flash takes only 2 minutes. ( I even had my android battery dead during flash to stock on 25% and I recharged my android and connected it back and flash I stock without issues ) make sure you set your JB4 to map 0 before you use MHD

Once you connect to flash to stock it will show you the information of your VIN and H/W and time required before you proceed

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#27)
Old

Car: 2013 Genesis Coupe
Default 07-04-2015, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushan
MHD will detect your VIN and H/W DME once you connect to it, if you choose flash back to stock it will look in the folder, if you don't have your stock flash there, it will write default stock map flash for your ije0s.

Yesterday I flashed my car back to stock, took 22 minutes, then flashing it MHD JB4 race flash took 35 minutes then once it's flashed changing between race flash to pump flash or E85 flash takes only 2 minutes. ( I even had my android battery dead during flash to stock on 25% and I recharged my android and connected it back and flash I stock without issues ) make sure you set your JB4 to map 0 before you use MHD

Once you connect to flash to stock it will show you the information of your VIN and H/W and time required before you proceed
Thanks man you have been a great help I surely appreciate, I didn't know mhd has the capability of doing that since I'm flashing from BB I thought it would assume that's what my stock flash is so I was worried lol
(#28)
Old
Legend

Default 07-04-2015, 04:34 AM

You are most welcome,

I had the same worries before I use MHD the 1st time, I even had the older software on my MSD81 the previous and older software to IJE0S and with MHD I was able to update from my old version to the IJE0S so I can use the IJE0s MHD BMS flashes which I would never think to do if I had only the BB as the only option

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#29)
Old

Default 07-04-2015, 05:04 AM

That's awesome man, going to buy the otg and dcan cable from Amazon and sell my. Bav technic cable and never worry about bricking anything. Btw what part of the golf are you from?
(#30)
Old
Legend

Default 07-04-2015, 05:26 AM

Currently based in dubai

(#31)
Old

Default 07-04-2015, 05:28 AM

Oh that's cool I have a friend that's based in Qatar I believe, I thought you were from there or something lol
(#32)
Old
Legend

Default 07-04-2015, 05:33 AM

Qatar is nice and moving forward, but dubai it's awesome

(#33)
Old

Default 07-04-2015, 05:41 AM

I bet haha, my goal is to move there once I get my career started
(#34)
Old

Default 07-04-2015, 06:08 AM

I do have one more question, my car is coded for certain things that euro cars do, so would just using the MHD stock file mess with that?
(#35)
Old
Legend

Default 07-04-2015, 12:09 PM

What you mean by coded? You mean like comfort access and speed V display and those coding? If that's what you mean it's on the KOMBI model and other models coding and not on ECU,

If you are talkin on tune coding as boost and toque and idling .... Etc that's a different story and its on the DME, you can still with MHD back up your ECU and store this file and you can at anytime with tuner pro open it and compare it with other flashes and change any values you desire

(#36)
Old

Default 07-06-2015, 01:19 AM

Quote:
What you mean by coded? You mean like comfort access and speed V display and those coding? If that's what you mean it's on the KOMBI model and other models coding and not on ECU,

If you are talkin on tune coding as boost and toque and idling .... Etc that's a different story and its on the DME, you can still with MHD back up your ECU and store this file and you can at anytime with tuner pro open it and compare it with other flashes and change any values you desire
Sorry for the late reply never got a notice I got one, Ya im referring to windows going down at the unlock key, and going up on lock keys, V meter and such. I didn't know if they code the Ecu or how that works exactly, so wanted to make sure if I use the MHD flash stock ecu file I won't lose that 500$ service lol
(#37)
Old
Legend

Default 07-06-2015, 04:22 AM

No worries, those coding on the KOMBI and other module controllers so won't be changed with the ECU flash

(#38)
Old

Default 07-06-2015, 02:47 PM

Oh alright thanks for the clarification, do they still use the obd to program those modules though?
(#39)
Old
Legend

Default 07-06-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen@StreetKingImports
Oh alright thanks for the clarification, do they still use the obd to program those modules though?
Yep, the same cable you will use for the MHD you can use it with the INPA and NCS expert software and you can start making your own changes on those models, like speed and delay to open windows and sound of open door ...etc there is many video and code spreadsheet on those codes

(#40)
Old

Default 07-13-2015, 01:41 AM

Sorry been outta commission, have been in the hospital, I finally flashed my car using mhd and boy it feels much better than the BB flash, I really like how it felt. Thank a for taking the time to answer all my questions, not many people would have done that, or at least as extensive as you did
(#41)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 05-02-2016, 09:46 PM

Quote:

Hi,
I purchased the MHD license for jb4 maps. I clicked backup ecu and then cancelled backup at about 18% when I realized, I had BB flash on the car not a stock bin. Will the app reset itself so It doesn't show 18% when I reconnect to the car since I don't need to backup anyway? Or can I clear it so it's not stuck in the middle of the backup? I do see an original bin in the MHD folder but I'm wondering if this is the incomplete backup I started. If so, what do I do to make sure I have a full backup of the original bin? I don't want to mess anything up. Thanks.
(#42)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 12-03-2018, 03:35 PM

I got flagged at a smog check because my VIN wont match. I purchased the DCAN cable and downloaded the MHD software and have my original bin file.
Trying to fix this cheap and learn more about flashing. Will I need to pay the 79 bucks to just go back to stock and will all this even fix my problem?