N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#126)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335i xdrive M Sport
Default 06-06-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Who knows for their race.... But our dragy times don't lie. Stock I was in the mid 8s 60-130. BETA tuned 7.3s. And it will get quicker!
same thing I am trying to educate people, DRAGY times Do Not Lie !

'13 BMW 335ix Speedtech stg 3 !
10.76 @128mph, MHD Custom + #LUCHOJB4, E40 + meth 22psi ~ Drag Track online set up on instagram @luchocampusano ➡
(#127)
Old

Car: 2013 bmw 750i
Default 06-06-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luchocamp
same thing I am trying to educate people, DRAGY times Do Not Lie !
Which map do you guys used when you did 7.28?

Because there they used map 2

One more question do you guys have 100-200 time?
(#128)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2018, 02:23 PM

Our development car is back at home, with a new transfer case to boot. I guess a factory defect. Need to rack up some more miles before beating on it now.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#129)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokoN63TU
One more thing
Did you check dragi vs racelogic ?
Just to see the difference between both
No I threw my VBOX in the trash a few months ago, stopped picking up satellites properly and I was tired of dealing with it. Didn't feel right selling it to someone else even though it does work sometimes.

But there are lots of comparisons on line. Brooks at DragTimes did a good one, they are identical.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#130)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 335i xdrive M Sport
Default 06-06-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:

usually a 60-130mph of 7.2 is 100-200kph of 6.2

'13 BMW 335ix Speedtech stg 3 !
10.76 @128mph, MHD Custom + #LUCHOJB4, E40 + meth 22psi ~ Drag Track online set up on instagram @luchocampusano ➡
(#131)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:

I used "map 6" with custom values as we're dialing in the maps for firmware release now. Around 24-25psi peak.

Burger Motorsports

(#132)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-07-2018, 08:16 AM

Here is a recent JB4 dyno showing some of the power potential of the platform with a JB4 in the mix. Fuel here was 91 octane with a few gallons of E85 mixed in. Similar to good 93-94 octane.

Much more work to go but the tuning potential is there.

Name:  IMG_20180521_155404583_HDR.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  140.9 KB

Name:  stock_log.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  38.5 KB

Name:  21psi_log.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  38.1 KB

Name:  25psi_log.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  36.6 KB

Burger Motorsports

(#133)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 06-07-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Our development car is back at home, with a new transfer case to boot. I guess a factory defect. Need to rack up some more miles before beating on it now.
I can help
Work commute

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#134)
Old

Car: 2011 CTS-V Coupe
Default 06-07-2018, 08:25 AM

MONEY!!! That is exactly what I was hoping for, you rock Terry!
(#135)
Old

Car: 2014 335i M sport
Default 06-07-2018, 09:53 AM

Wow this is insane, dragy runs please

2018 BMW M550i
BMS JB4
1/4 mile 11.0 @ 125
(#136)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-07-2018, 10:12 AM

Awesome results :D

Burger Motorsports

(#137)
Old

Car: X5 50i F15
Default 06-07-2018, 03:02 PM

Very nice results ! IAT at 25psi ? For me (I’m easy to please) , 23psi will kill !
(#138)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-07-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
Very nice results ! IAT at 25psi ? For me (I’m easy to please) , 23psi will kill !
IAT doesn't move much on the dyno. I think I have it in a few 1/4 mile logs posted. If not I'll add some more later.

Burger Motorsports

(#139)
Old

Car: 335i coupe N54
Default 06-07-2018, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Hey guys,

Mo @ DME Tuning sent over a fresh dyno from their new F90 M5 Development car. Overall, looks strong, although we're a little concerned with the AFR. We'll need to better evaluate that as we start to dial up boost. The platform is EWG based so I envision designing a new JB4 system for it with dual bank boost, fuel, and EWG control, at a minimum. Being so strong from the factory I wonder how much tuning potential they left for us. 700awhp would be amazing.

BMS has a car on order that is currently on the water, so probably a few weeks out. I was hoping to have it a few days before SS to rig up a tuner and race it but the timing is in question now. Will update the thread when we have it.

Should look nice in the garage next to our 775whp 2015 M5.

Terry, I thought in stock form they dynoed in at 569/570whp? Or is it because this was done on a 4wd dyno?

2009 N54 335i coupe, 6AT PD trans, Stage 3 XHP, Built Motor, 9.6:1 Comp Ratio, Ported Head, Trebilia Custom Flash, JB4, Mhd flasher, Ngk 97506 0.018” gapped, PI Kit 100% E85, Jb4 PI integration, Stage 2 Pure Turbos 25.6psi, 17.2 deg timing, TFT inlets, Stage 3 Fuel-it Fpr, FBO, 431rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus

2016 M4 Competition Pack, 7-sp DCT, Jb4 Map 6
25.0 psi, s55 ign e85 Bef, E70, M4 plugs gapped 0.020”, stock everything else, 374.9 rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus
(#140)
Old

Default 06-08-2018, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSCOFF
Terry, I thought in stock form they dynoed in at 569/570whp? Or is it because this was done on a 4wd dyno?
IND dyno’d Around 620rwhp on a Dynojet also. Couple other dynos on a Mustang was 560’s.
(#141)
Old

Default 06-08-2018, 05:55 AM

At this point, are the ewg Control effecting the posted dyno graphs ?
(#142)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-08-2018, 07:42 AM

Yes EWG control is required for anymore more than 40-50hp over stock.

Burger Motorsports

(#143)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-08-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSCOFF
All dynos read differently. That is what ours made with the fuel and a good cool down.

Burger Motorsports

(#144)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-08-2018, 08:23 AM

Discussed in post with dyno.

Burger Motorsports

(#145)
Old

Default 06-08-2018, 08:40 AM

Another stock dyno that backs up Terry’s numbers.
Attached Images

(#146)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-08-2018, 08:43 AM

Nice!! Even stronger than ours lol.

Burger Motorsports

(#147)
Old

Car: 99 M3
Default 06-08-2018, 08:47 AM

Terry, this is way off topic but do you have a high-res picture of the engine bay without the engine cover?
(#148)
Old

Car: 335i coupe N54
Default 06-08-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
Another stock dyno that backs up Terry’s numbers.
Wow. This is massive power stock. Even more than what Bmw claims the car makes at the flywheel. Crazy power but useable with Awd finally
In fact, there are reports now that Bmw has as usual underrated the power specs and it’s actually closer to 700 hp at the flywheel bone stock

2009 N54 335i coupe, 6AT PD trans, Stage 3 XHP, Built Motor, 9.6:1 Comp Ratio, Ported Head, Trebilia Custom Flash, JB4, Mhd flasher, Ngk 97506 0.018” gapped, PI Kit 100% E85, Jb4 PI integration, Stage 2 Pure Turbos 25.6psi, 17.2 deg timing, TFT inlets, Stage 3 Fuel-it Fpr, FBO, 431rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus

2016 M4 Competition Pack, 7-sp DCT, Jb4 Map 6
25.0 psi, s55 ign e85 Bef, E70, M4 plugs gapped 0.020”, stock everything else, 374.9 rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus

Last edited by DSCOFF; 06-08-2018 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: Missing info
(#149)
Old

Car: 2011 CTS-V Coupe
Default 06-08-2018, 12:53 PM

What about exhaust then meth....

Last edited by Bushidopupil; 06-08-2018 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: ***
(#150)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-08-2018, 01:41 PM

Quote:
The most important thing is the fuel
The car is lean all the way
There is any solution Terry?!
AFR runs what it runs. During 1/4 mile runs drops in to the high 12s/low 13s as expected. Single gear pulls it targets leaner. Trims are not maxing out so it's all the DME's targeting on fuel.

Burger Motorsports