N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-10-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINasTER
I'm in Canada and auto-clear doesn't work anymore! How can I change it back to a working status since I'm not limited by the Trump nation?
The race only feature is under the ethanol settings on the WMI page, called passive delete, and is not blocked in Canada. If you need additional assistance on it just email in.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#52)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 07-10-2017, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The race only feature is under the ethanol settings on the WMI page, called passive delete, and is not blocked in Canada. If you need additional assistance on it just email in.
Where do I find the option on the android app?
(#53)
Old

Car: BMW 335xi E90
Exclamation 07-11-2017, 07:28 PM

Quote:
I have checked the WMI page on the app and the option for passive delete is activated... The only thing I can think of is that the app is detecting me as within the US and I'm definitely not.

Is there a way to change the country via the app? Don't want to get a new laptop just to do this! Damn these regulations are annoying

BMW 550 M-Sport xDrive 2011
JB4 stage 2
Custom exhaust with 3" quad tips
Custom 3" D.P.s
ESR RF2 19" wheels
Front: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/40R19
Front: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 275/35R19
GPS location alarm system with Tag
(#54)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-11-2017, 09:07 PM

Quote:
I have checked the WMI page on the app and the option for passive delete is activated... The only thing I can think of is that the app is detecting me as within the US and I'm definitely not.

Is there a way to change the country via the app? Don't want to get a new laptop just to do this! Damn these regulations are annoying
Email JB4 mobile directly for help if needed.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#55)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 07-12-2017, 07:10 AM

Quote:

How do u get to the page with the passive delete option? I'm not seeing it anywhere on the android app...?
(#56)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335xi JB4 G5 DP DCI BOV
Default 07-12-2017, 04:14 PM

Would you still be compliant if the jb4 and interface were sold compliant but the user could disable the restrictions at their own risk?

2007 335XI SEDAN // ACF/VM 6266 SINGLE TURBO// MMP PORT INJECTION // VRSF CP W/ TIAL BOV // XHP 6AT FLASH // MOTIV TUNED // BMS OCC // VRSF EXHAUST // DIY STAGE 3 LPFP// VRSF FMIC //
(#57)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-12-2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac0908
Would you still be compliant if the jb4 and interface were sold compliant but the user could disable the restrictions at their own risk?
Until laws are changed that provides BMS no protection should a random customer decide to misuse a product.

Burger Motorsports

(#58)
Old

Car: BMW 335xi E90
Default 07-12-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcara
How do u get to the page with the passive delete option? I'm not seeing it anywhere on the android app...?
Sorry, can't help you, I'm on iOS

BMW 550 M-Sport xDrive 2011
JB4 stage 2
Custom exhaust with 3" quad tips
Custom 3" D.P.s
ESR RF2 19" wheels
Front: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/40R19
Front: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 275/35R19
GPS location alarm system with Tag
(#59)
Old

Car: E90-N54
Default 07-31-2017, 08:06 AM

Hi Terry,

My Android interface is showing United States although I am in China.

E90 335 AT|JB4 G5 ISO |TREBILA flash|anti-lag|VRSF 7"HD FMIC|N20 TMAP |BMS METH|3" **|walbro 455|Forge DV | RB PCV |DINAN oil cooler|XHP stage 3|MMP PI|MMP inlets|MMP outlets|MMP turbo
(#60)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-31-2017, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlld1984
Hi Terry,

My Android interface is showing United States although I am in China.
If you need technical support with the interface feel free to email in.

Burger Motorsports

(#61)
Old

Car: 2009 335xi
Default 08-29-2017, 06:19 PM

Will this affect my auto tunning on map 5 on my JB4? After the update it's now showing both c-less d p codes. Will this throw anything off or potentially put the car in safe mode??
(#62)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-29-2017, 06:27 PM

No effect on the tuning.

Burger Motorsports

(#63)
Old

Car: 2008 535xi
Default Canadian customer looking to enable autoclear - 09-06-2017, 04:11 PM

HI,
I recently installed the jb4 with Bluetooth quick connect. I updated the firmware and would like to be able to enable this feature. Would you be able to send me the details on how to do this?
(#64)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-06-2017, 04:50 PM

If the option is not showing on the WMI page under "passive delete" in Canada for you just contact the JB4 Mobile guys for help on that.

Burger Motorsports

(#65)
Old

Car: 2008 535xi
Default 09-06-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:
If the option is not showing on the WMI page under "passive delete" in Canada for you just contact the JB4 Mobile guys for help on that.
Thanks Terry for the quick response, I will check tomorrow and go from there.
Much appreciated.
(#66)
Old

Car: BMW M2
Default 09-22-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifford.harvey
Thanks Terry for the quick response, I will check tomorrow and go from there.
Much appreciated.

Did you guys happen to come across a solution for this? Just opened the JB4 app on my PC and noticed it seems to think I'm in the USA even though I'm in Canada.

I've e-mailed in and am just waiting for a response.
(#67)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 10-03-2017, 06:32 AM

So when you enable or check passive delete option in the interface, the in dash option for autoclear is still uesless correct? It is enabled and disabled only via the jb4 interface only?

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#68)
Old

Car: F30 335i
Default 10-06-2017, 08:41 AM

I have always had this option off in the event I get a cel I wouldn't be able to see the code.
Does having autoclear off affect performance?
(#69)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-06-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko
So when you enable or check passive delete option in the interface, the in dash option for autoclear is still uesless correct? It is enabled and disabled only via the jb4 interface only?
Via interface only for passive delete. The in dash option is for one time delete only.

Burger Motorsports

(#70)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 10-06-2017, 11:26 AM

F the EPA. F CARB. Really unhappy to see BMS having to make these changes.

Quote:
When loading a race use only flash people should realize they are providing their VIN and personal information to an entity, who under subpoena, will be forced to turn that information over to the government, to BMW, or whoever requests it.
Wait WTH, so BMS would willfully give up private customer information? Very disappointing. If it's a government agency with a warrant, then ok you may be forced to (if you're willing to overlook principles of your own privacy and customer privacy for the sake of your business) ... but you'd also roll over and give it to BMW, and just "whomever" requests it? Did this happen just in '14 with CARB, or is again or ongoing?

Exactly what "personal information" is the JB4 collecting for BMS? And for what purpose? Even just VIN is enough to identify the owner, obviously - and if you're also collecting geogr location, date/time, etc. without express knowledge/consent of customers, that's something I think all customers would want to know.

Come to think of it - I noticed JB4 now has a place to list your exact mods ... hmm, not sure I like the picture that this is painting for what direction BMS is heading with data collection, or could potentially give up to another entity.

2017 AMG C63 -JB4
2009 535i - 548whp - sold

Last edited by LessIsMore; 10-06-2017 at 12:29 PM..
(#71)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-06-2017, 05:22 PM

We do not store customer information nor would we ever release any customer information without a subpoena.

No one likes compliance but it's a necessary part of any successful business. Minor changes like this not only protect us but also our customers.

Burger Motorsports

(#72)
Old

Car: 2010 X5M MCB
Default 10-06-2017, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessIsMore
F the EPA. F CARB. Really unhappy to see BMS having to make these changes.

Wait WTH, so BMS would willfully give up private customer information? Very disappointing. If it's a government agency with a warrant, then ok you may be forced to (if you're willing to overlook principles of your own privacy and customer privacy for the sake of your business) ... but you'd also roll over and give it to BMW, and just "whomever" requests it? Did this happen just in '14 with CARB, or is again or ongoing?

Exactly what "personal information" is the JB4 collecting for BMS? And for what purpose? Even just VIN is enough to identify the owner, obviously - and if you're also collecting geogr location, date/time, etc. without express knowledge/consent of customers, that's something I think all customers would want to know.

Come to think of it - I noticed JB4 now has a place to list your exact mods ... hmm, not sure I like the picture that this is painting for what direction BMS is heading with data collection, or could potentially give up to another entity.
Jesus.

There's nothing nefarious about the information JB or the mobile app stores - the "mod" section is to assist with troubleshooting.

If you're worried about third-party having access to personal information, you better throw your smart phone in the bin.
(#73)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 10-06-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by protecon
Jesus.

There's nothing nefarious about the information JB or the mobile app stores - the "mod" section is to assist with troubleshooting.

If you're worried about third-party having access to personal information, you better throw your smart phone in the bin.
Exactly. Plus the car knows everything anyway. Every car built since the late 90's has a blackbox in it. BMW knows all and if subpoenaed, they can tell all.

Mike Levy
2017 X3 xDrive35i
2000 Kenne Bell F150 Lightning - FOR SALE
2018 Equinox LT 2.0T
(#74)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 10-06-2017, 10:44 PM

Quote:
We do not store customer information nor would we ever release any customer information without a subpoena.

No one likes compliance but it's a necessary part of any successful business. Minor changes like this not only protect us but also our customers.
Why exactly are vin #s being recorded ?
(#75)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-07-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
Why exactly are vin #s being recorded ?
MHD and other flash software has to store your VIN to authenticate your car and flashing license. e.g. make sure you've paid, since they are not stand alone removable devices like the JB4. The JB4 of course does not store your VIN. It's only read when logging and placed in log exports so if you decide to email those logs in we can match them up to the same car.

Burger Motorsports