N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#10926)
Old

Car: 2006 E46 330cic ZHP
Default 05-23-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2221
When accessing the control menu on my JB4, i lost all sound to the speakers.

Restarted the car and they all came back on.

Accessed menu again, lost sound to all speakers

Restarted the car and only the drivers door speaker now works.

Any reason why my stereo now wont work except for the one speaker?

Early model JB4 (g4)
Car is a Aus delivered MY09 (DCT) N54 E93

Only other mods are pod filters, and a Smart Top roof controller.

*edit* I cant figure out which version of the firmware i have, although i know its not been updated and its a G4....
thus the NEW steering wheel controls might not work for me? how do i know which steering wheel control menu is accurate for a G4? as it might be an audio off setting that i am missing?
Was going to say check map 6/5, 6/6, 6/7 as they relate to radio in JB4 but considering the rest, I don't know.

--------------------------------------------------------------
2010 535i M-Sport w/Sport AT, Alpine White w/Natural Leather, type-135 wheels w/spacers & Coilovers --- JB4 G5 ISO Trebila (Map-6) Custom Tune, Custom Meth Setup, VRSF 3" free-flow D/Ps, MMPe DCIs, Wagner 1060 Stepped FMIC, VRSF Chargepipe/Tial BOV, BMS Oil Cooler Valve
(#10927)
Old

Car: BMW335i N54
Default 05-23-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarContact
Was going to say check map 6/5, 6/6, 6/7 as they relate to radio in JB4 but considering the rest, I don't know.
I've been trying to find the early model steering wheel codes but it's hard to know which options are available and which are only for newer models
(#10928)
Old

Car: BMW E92 335i
Default 05-27-2017, 03:02 AM

Anyone else have issue with cruise control with JB4 installed?
(#10929)
Old

Default 05-27-2017, 04:44 AM

Quote:
I've been trying to find the early model steering wheel codes but it's hard to know which options are available and which are only for newer models

ANYONE.
(#10930)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-27-2017, 08:30 AM

Quote:
ANYONE.
Funny enough you can find them on google. Not sure which youll need but google image search "jb4 steering wheel control" and take a look
(#10931)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-27-2017, 08:41 AM

To avoid confusion only controls for the latest firmware are loaded. If you have older firmware, update it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10932)
Old

Default 05-27-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
To avoid confusion only controls for the latest firmware are loaded. If you have older firmware, update it.
I thought I couldn't put the latest fries ware on a G4 older model JB4.....
(#10933)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-27-2017, 03:36 PM

If running a g4 set to map 0 until updating to a g5. It's beyond obsolete at this point.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10934)
Old

Car: 2006 E46 330cic ZHP
Default 05-28-2017, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrychiu012
Anyone else have issue with cruise control with JB4 installed?
(Prob not much help, but cruise won't work if DTC is turned off)

--------------------------------------------------------------
2010 535i M-Sport w/Sport AT, Alpine White w/Natural Leather, type-135 wheels w/spacers & Coilovers --- JB4 G5 ISO Trebila (Map-6) Custom Tune, Custom Meth Setup, VRSF 3" free-flow D/Ps, MMPe DCIs, Wagner 1060 Stepped FMIC, VRSF Chargepipe/Tial BOV, BMS Oil Cooler Valve
(#10935)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-31-2017, 09:57 AM

Updated the windows interface. Some minor changes including changing the "PWM" parameter to "WGDC" which with ISO firmware better describes what it represents. The wastegate dutycycle. PWM was a term left over from the original JB3 where it was adding dutycycle to the factory signal.

Burger Motorsports

(#10936)
Old
The Backyard Mechanic

Car: BMW 1 Series M
Default 05-31-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Updated the windows interface. Some minor changes including changing the "PWM" parameter to "WGDC" which with ISO firmware better describes what it represents. The wastegate dutycycle. PWM was a term left over from the original JB3 where it was adding dutycycle to the factory signal.
So whats the scale of the wgdc 0 to 70 or 100 ?
(#10937)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-31-2017, 10:14 AM

0-100%, same as PWM was 0-100%.

Burger Motorsports

(#10938)
Old

Car: BMW 135i, MS6 BT
Default 06-02-2017, 06:40 AM

So I recently changed my wheels/tires out for my track set...I have the TPMS warning.

I noticed in the old JB4 software there was a TPMS warning defeat....is this still a thing on 4/6 @terry@bms;? I noticed it is just blank now.

Last edited by HawkeyeGeoff; 06-02-2017 at 07:06 AM..
(#10939)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 135i
Default 06-04-2017, 03:13 PM

@Terry I recently updated the firmware and my car is rattling like crazy , I had the 31_6 software and went to 32_5/32_6, where can I get the old firmware, my car sounds terrible since the update,
(#10940)
Old

Car: BMW 335xi E90
Exclamation 06-04-2017, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisneil
@Terry I recently updated the firmware and my car is rattling like crazy , I had the 31_6 software and went to 32_5/32_6, where can I get the old firmware, my car sounds terrible since the update,
My car has been rattleling like crazy also, thought it was my wastegates going to hell but now that I read this, maybe there's something in the last few updates because it started rattling avout when I went from 32.4 to 32.5/32.6/32.6b...

Also, I have a problem with the needle sweep, the odometer is only going to about 120kmh and back down but the tach goes all the way. Tried to reset the dash, going back to a previous release and update again. Nothing makes it go like it was suposed to before a few updates ago...

BMW 550 M-Sport xDrive 2011
JB4 with OBDII connector
Custom exhaust with 3" quad tips and custom D.P.s
ESR RF2 19" wheels
Front: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 235/40R19
Front: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 275/35R19
GPS location alarm system with Tag detection
(#10941)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 06-05-2017, 05:06 AM

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46407

Download the 32_8 should solve ur Speedo issue, as for rattle you need to check the FUD bits option for the rattle fix, or try to change your default wastage position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINasTER
My car has been rattleling like crazy also, thought it was my wastegates going to hell but now that I read this, maybe there's something in the last few updates because it started rattling avout when I went from 32.4 to 32.5/32.6/32.6b...

Also, I have a problem with the needle sweep, the odometer is only going to about 120kmh and back down but the tach goes all the way. Tried to reset the dash, going back to a previous release and update again. Nothing makes it go like it was suposed to before a few updates ago...

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#10942)
Old

Default 06-05-2017, 05:21 AM

@ Terry ...How in the hell do o change bit 7 for the alternative rattle fix
(#10943)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 06-05-2017, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Are you using the latest interface?

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#10944)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
It's on the FutureUseD BIT options.

Burger Motorsports

(#10945)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINasTER

You'll need 32.8 for the metric startup sweep. On the rattling maybe you did not reset a FUD value when it changes from byte values to bit settings?

Burger Motorsports

(#10946)
Old

Default 06-05-2017, 08:49 AM

@Terry yes I have the latest interface
(#10947)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2017, 08:56 AM

Added the latest test firmware to the first post. Will merge this thread and this one: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46407 soon.

Burger Motorsports

(#10948)
Old

Car: n54 bmw e82 135i
Default n54 jb4 problem - help request - - 06-05-2017, 08:10 PM

If anyone here has any clue regarding my issue please let me know in this thread .

everything started out when i decided to update my JB4-G5 to ISO_32_8_T11

after 3000 RPM , the car boosts inconsistently . huge gaps between power as if i was rapidly pressing and releasing . funny thing is my foot is completely still .

When i floor my gas , the car decides to blink me a 30 FF code and an engine malfunction Light .

_______
UPDATE:

Hi @Terry, here's my csv file and my logs. Can you please check it out and tell me what's wrong with my car.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 170605_2130.csv (22.9 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by chrissonfire; 06-07-2017 at 06:49 PM..
(#10949)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i
Default 06-05-2017, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissonfire
If anyone here has any clue regarding my issue please let me know in this thread .

everything started out when i decided to update my JB4-G5 to ISO_32_8_T11

after 3000 RPM , the car boosts inconsistently . huge gaps between power as if i was rapidly pressing and releasing . funny thing is my foot is completely still .

When i floor my gas , the car decides to blink me a 30 FF code and an engine malfunction Light .

Picture of my log is uploaded to GYAZO as i have no clue where to attach one .

https://gyazo.com/22f847dd549629daa3f0b1f4d95363aa

https://gyazo.com/67119cc77ea0108ada8303f18db6965e

thank you .

bouliannechristophe@gmail.com

@terry bms
Need a csv in the support section.

VTT Stage 2+ | JB4 G5 w/ Trebila BEF | Fuel-It Stage 3 | XHP Stage 3 | BL Coils | VTT Inlets | MMP Outlets | BMS Meth Dual 10/5CM | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF **'s | BMS CP | BMS DCI | Turbosmart Dual Port | 3.5 TMAP | BMS OCC | VTT PVC | BMS Anti-Lag | NGK 5992 | M3 Rear Upper Controls And Godspeed TB's | Lock-Down Brace | 235/285-18 PSS
(#10950)
Old

Default 06-06-2017, 03:42 PM

@Terry BMS,, How do I change the FUD bit 7, my rattle has gotten a lot worse since I uploaded the 32_5 firmware, I had 31_2 prior to this update , Please Help