N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: N54 135i
Default 12-10-2015, 11:24 AM

Update - all future non-bluetooth models now include an additional lead that will let you add bluetooth in the future!

It's the brown connector:

2008 Montego Blue 135i Coupe // Sport Package // JB4 G5 Iso in passive mode with custom e30 MHD tune // Bluetooth e85 content analyzer with JB4 integration // Walboro 255 inline pump // BMS downp|pes // VRSF 7" FMIC // ER charge pipe // Turbosmart BOV // Injen intake // M-Factory SMFW // F10 550i clutch // Vorshlag camber plates // Hotchkis FSB // Turner adjustable drop links // AST 5100 coilovers // Hawk HPS pads // Ti backing plates // Stoptech stainless lines // Turner 15mm front spacers
(#27)
Old

Default 12-14-2015, 07:39 AM

New power supplies are in. Always trying to improve things, I thought I'd give these a try.

These guys produce a rock steady 5 volts flat, with no ripple regardless of input voltage. Perfect for a car where the voltage fluctuates depending on RPM, alternator output, etc.

Should provide much more consistency than the USB power supplies of past. These will insert inline between the sensor harness with a provided y-connector, instead of being powered through the USB port (power through the USB port uses the ECA's on board voltage regulator, which sucked some voltage).

Power supply:

Producing 5 volts with a 12.75 volt input:

Producing 5 volts with a 10.75 volt input:

2008 Montego Blue 135i Coupe // Sport Package // JB4 G5 Iso in passive mode with custom e30 MHD tune // Bluetooth e85 content analyzer with JB4 integration // Walboro 255 inline pump // BMS downp|pes // VRSF 7" FMIC // ER charge pipe // Turbosmart BOV // Injen intake // M-Factory SMFW // F10 550i clutch // Vorshlag camber plates // Hotchkis FSB // Turner adjustable drop links // AST 5100 coilovers // Hawk HPS pads // Ti backing plates // Stoptech stainless lines // Turner 15mm front spacers
(#28)
Old

Car: 335i DCT
Default 12-14-2015, 03:18 PM

To clarify, does the fuel line need to be modified to add the ECA?
(#29)
Old

Default 12-14-2015, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink
To clarify, does the fuel line need to be modified to add the ECA?
The fuel line needs to be modded to add a flexfuel sensor.

My analyzer interprets and displays the sensor data.

(#30)
Old

Car: 335i DCT
Default 12-15-2015, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8shot
The fuel line needs to be modded to add a flexfuel sensor.

My analyzer interprets and displays the sensor data.
Right, and you don't offer a replacement/upgraded line?
(#31)
Old

Default 12-15-2015, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink
Right, and you don't offer a replacement/upgraded line?
Negative. I suggest using the fuel-it guys ES-1 kit, or modifying it on your own (the fittings are ~$10 on amazon).

What I'm offering is a more cost effective alternative to their ethanol content analyzer (which you still need on top of the ES-1 kit, their equivalent of my $50 kit is $129).

I also offer digital displays and a bluetooth version.

(#32)
Old

Default 12-30-2015, 08:12 AM

First digital display shipping out. Ended up using RJ45 connectors for the connection.

Future ones will have a female connector on the ECA side instead of male (doesn't make a difference, just eliminates the cost of the coupler).

(#33)
Old

Car: e90 335xi
Default 02-21-2016, 11:26 AM

I just installed this kit yesterday and wanted to post my review in case anyone was on the fence.

There is a lot of thought that goes into the design of this new upgraded kit. The connections are idiot proof (different sized connectors for each adapter and to connect to the jb4). Everything is waterproof and doesn't look like corners were cut on materials. Everything was truly plug and play - took less than 30mins start to finish.

I only got the analyzer and connector to the jb4 - however I love that the setup is pre-wired if I want to add anything later (and also usb upgradeable). Again, time was clearly put into the design.

Aside from the fact that you're saving about half of the cost ($80 shipped versus $149+tax/shipping from fuel-it), I love the fact that I'm supporting a forum member doing his thing rather than a formal business. I feel fuel-it is a great business that brings cool n54 mods to market, but I'm more the kind of person that likes to support the ingenuity of new entries to market.

Finally, the customer service and support was top notch. I installed it yesterday and forgot to change the scaling on the methanol settings (jb4). I messaged str8shot before going to bed and woke up to a solution on how to set everything up properly.

Everything works great!!

Feel free to contact me if anyone is on the fence - str8shot is a stand up guy and I'm impressed with this setup.
(#34)
Old

Car: 335XI
Default 05-13-2016, 08:14 PM

Str8shot do you still make this? Sent numerous PM's with no answer.
Closed Thread