N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2126)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default 05-06-2019, 03:32 PM

I haven't noticed any hop whatsoever with my GT2 RWD, it lays really even rubber on both sides

Did you see any 60ft increase or anything with the brace? And is it 100% bolt-on or do you need to drill?
(#2127)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-07-2019, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brancky3
I haven't noticed any hop whatsoever with my GT2 RWD, it lays really even rubber on both sides

Did you see any 60ft increase or anything with the brace? And is it 100% bolt-on or do you need to drill?
100% bolt on due to a unique design, so it's easy to install and remove. Improved my launch consistency but the larger benefit is around corners.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2128)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-07-2019, 07:49 AM

Diff brace is live on our site.

https://www.burgermotorsports.com/pr...18-kia-stinger

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2129)
Old

Car: 2019 G70 Sport AWD
Default 05-09-2019, 06:26 AM

Brand new to the forum, I found it after reading about the JB4 on the Genesis forums. I recently purchased the 19 G70 Sport AWD. I have 650 miles on the car, and while I am already loving it, I am coming out of a Scatpack 392 Charger. I want to have that kind of power (or more ideally) in this gorgeous G70 . The stock charger is over 4400 lbs, and has about 420 WHPish, and a tad less torque (probably 410-415). That car is also RWD so putting that power down is also a challenge since even with 275s out back it likes to spin like a mother. Anyway, Im only on page 50 of this thread, but it I am freggin stoked based on what im reading. I pulled the trigger last night and got the Jb4 and plugs....

I CANT FREGGIN WAIT

Last edited by Torqued; 05-09-2019 at 04:04 PM..
(#2130)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-09-2019, 08:33 AM

Sounds good, you're going to love it! Easy low 12s.

Burger Motorsports

(#2131)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT LTD
Default 05-09-2019, 08:41 AM

Hi Terry.

Could you take a peek at my logs and see if you think they are ok?

Boost seems kinda low I think.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-08 23_29_37_Map-2.csv (8.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: csv 2019-05-08 23_24_09_Map-1.csv (9.2 KB, 5 views)
(#2132)
Old

Default 05-09-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Sounds good, you're going to love it! Easy low 12s.
I hope so . I want to taste the tears of all the traditional muscle cars out there....

Do we have any good numbers from AWD G70s yet? Given its a a few hundred lbs lighter than the Stinger, I would expect slightly better times....
(#2133)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3T
Default 05-09-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqued
I hope so . I want to taste the tears of all the traditional muscle cars out there....

Do we have any good numbers from AWD G70s yet? Given its a a few hundred lbs lighter than the Stinger, I would expect slightly better times....
I have gotten a tiniest of a smidgen over 4 seconds...but it wasn't the best launch. My guess is that I am between 3.9 and 4.0 seconds.

I am running Map 3 with 99 octane (via BOOSTane Pro). No other performance mods.

2019 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD Sport
(#2134)
Old

Car: Hyundai i30N
Default I30n - 05-09-2019, 12:45 PM

Hi Terry,

can you take a look on my map6!
In the range from 4000-4200 it feels a little bit strange!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-09 16_46_06_Map-6 (3. u4. Gang).csv (17.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: csv 2019-05-09 17_16_01_Map-6 (3. Gang).csv (14.9 KB, 7 views)
(#2135)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-09-2019, 03:26 PM

Seems OK to me... Funny how much more timing that motor takes compared to the 3.3L Stinger. But no signs of knock here.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2136)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT1
Default 05-09-2019, 09:06 PM

If we are updating our JB4 firmware, do we only need to upload #9. Or do we need to upload ALL of the firmware updates one at a time? I find it a little confusing since there are so many .hex files listed and I want to make sure I get it right.
(#2137)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-09-2019, 09:34 PM

Only the latest version.

Burger Motorsports

(#2138)
Old

Car: Kia stinger 2.0T
Default 05-10-2019, 12:30 PM

Is the latest one I need to download the one located at the top of the list or the one with the number 9 in it?
(#2139)
Old

Car: 2019 stinger gt1 awd
Default Map 2 - 05-11-2019, 07:57 AM

I'm new to tuning and trying not to blow up my ride.just installed jb4 and denso plugs car and jb4 preformed great on map1 was thinking about trying map 2 but I'm running 91 octane will this be ok or should I wait till I put 93 octane
(#2140)
Old

Car: G70
Default 05-11-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey14
I'm new to tuning and trying not to blow up my ride.just installed jb4 and denso plugs car and jb4 preformed great on map1 was thinking about trying map 2 but I'm running 91 octane will this be ok or should I wait till I put 93 octane
Try it and log it. There's a good chance you wouldn't experience a problem if the fuel quality is good!
(#2141)
Old

Car: 2019 stinger gt1 awd
Default 05-11-2019, 08:54 AM

Thanks ill try it today if I post log what info should I include on log
(#2142)
Old

Default 05-11-2019, 09:36 AM

Export the log and upload the CSV file. As long as the OBD cable is plugged in, you get all the parameters that the JB4 looks at!
(#2143)
Old

Car: Kia stinger
Default 05-12-2019, 07:19 AM

Hi terry i want to connect fuel wire on my 2.0 t stinger
To control AFR and ...:jb4 not able to delete codes mine is engine light (cause if down pipe)
(#2144)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-12-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian1963
Hi terry i want to connect fuel wire on my 2.0 t stinger
To control AFR and ...:jb4 not able to delete codes mine is engine light (cause if down pipe)
For the optional fuel control on the 2L the long fuel wire attaches to the white o2 sensor signal wire.

Burger Motorsports

(#2145)
Old

Car: Kia stinger
Default 05-12-2019, 10:44 AM

Can i use the fuel wires in jb4 for my stinger 2.0 t
(#2146)
Old

Car: Veloster N
Default 05-12-2019, 11:53 AM

Have a question regarding maps and use of 91 octane as this is the highest I can get locally. So am I only limited to two maps?
(#2147)
Old

Default 05-12-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBVN
Have a question regarding maps and use of 91 octane as this is the highest I can get locally. So am I only limited to two maps?
You can try a Custom Map6, log it, and tweak it to your liking.
(#2148)
Old

Default 05-13-2019, 03:00 PM

Just got my JB4. I noticed there isnt a resistor on the long fuel wire like before. Did you build the resistor into the board? Just gapped the densos....may dedicate a couple hours to git er dun tonight! Full tank of 93.....

2019 Genesis G70 Sport 3.3T AWD
(#2149)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-13-2019, 05:14 PM

The resistor is built in to the harness on the short wire.

Burger Motorsports

(#2150)
Old

Default 05-13-2019, 06:56 PM

I got the JB4 today, and got it partially installed (no fuel wires yet). I took it for a spin on the stock plugs, with Map1 and 93 octane. To say I am a bit blown away by the amount of power this car is putting down already would be an understatement. It is night and day different already. for that Kudos guys, this thing is pretty awesome

HOWEVER, I will say while your online docs were helpful, they were lacking in one spot in particular....THE DARN RUBBER GROMMIT! I wish you would have put some more time into showing how that part is done. I wasted a huge amount of time on that....there is even a video out there which suggests putting a hole in the grommit, which i found hard as hell, and eventually i just went to the side of it....wish i did that to start!!!!!!

Lastly, I think it would be worthwhile for you to spend the extra coin on loop plugs like the other wires for the fuel wires/O2 sensors instead of the wire taps. For one, it would make install and removal of the fuel wires 10x easier, but it would also prevent idiots like me from dropping the freggin grey piece into the land of no return....(the reason I didnt install the fuel wires ). Either that, or give us some extras, because those cant be found any where locally that ive found. I did find them on amazon, and thankfully I have 6 more on the way.

Anyway, here are two very short pulls. Please take a gander if you dont mind! Once again, well done, and dont take my criticisms as overly negative, i am just trying to let you know what may help the next guy.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-13 21_26_32_Map-1.csv (3.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: csv 0_2019-05-14 05_59_42_Map-0.csv (6.7 KB, 4 views)

2019 Genesis G70 Sport 3.3T AWD

Last edited by Torqued; 05-14-2019 at 03:29 AM..