N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1901)
Old

Car: M240i xDrive Convertible (F23)
Default f/w v14 vs v17 Map3 vs old map4 vs Map0 - 10-11-2020, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Map6 is meant for those familiar with reading their own logs. But maybe best next step for you is just to post a map3 log so we can check it out.
Thank you very much in advance for your support!

Please find several logs attached: 4 logs are v17, one of that is a Map0 for orientation, and 3x it's map3's.

I've also attached one old v14 Map4 and one old v14 Map0 log. (They were automatically generated I think. I dont recall to press a recording button or sth.)

My butt-meter says: In the past the car definitely felt quite more brutal when WOT, and it definitely felt stronger especially when not WOT but in all day partial throttle commute mode. That has on the spot changed with v17.

The car is ever running on ARAL 102 Octane german premium fuel, from the very same fuel station. I dont assume any changes coming from there. Everythin else is the absolute same with this car. No services in between etc. It is an xDrive 8 shift automatic 240i convertible LCI, built early 2018. It had the bouncing needle bug with v11.

If there is nothing else I can do to return to the old feeling, some simultaneously occuring error or something, I definitely wish I could go back to v14 :-/
Attached Files
File Type: csv P58_M0_R1_201011_140321.csv (34.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: csv P58_M0_R43_200910_1911.csv (297.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: csv P58_M3_R1_201011_140350.csv (18.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: csv P58_M3_R1_201011_140412.csv (8.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: csv P58_M3_R1_201011_140536.csv (15.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: csv P58_M4_R64_200917_1816.csv (368.6 KB, 19 views)
(#1902)
Old

Default 10-12-2020, 11:35 AM

Uh, am I in the wrong forum for that analysis...? Thought it was said to post it here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisismynick
Thank you very much in advance for your support!

Please find several logs attached: 4 logs are v17, one of that is a Map0 for orientation, and 3x it's map3's.

I've also attached one old v14 Map4 and one old v14 Map0 log. (They were automatically generated I think. I dont recall to press a recording button or sth.)

My butt-meter says: In the past the car definitely felt quite more brutal when WOT, and it definitely felt stronger especially when not WOT but in all day partial throttle commute mode. That has on the spot changed with v17.

The car is ever running on ARAL 102 Octane german premium fuel, from the very same fuel station. I dont assume any changes coming from there. Everythin else is the absolute same with this car. No services in between etc. It is an xDrive 8 shift automatic 240i convertible LCI, built early 2018. It had the bouncing needle bug with v11.

If there is nothing else I can do to return to the old feeling, some simultaneously occuring error or something, I definitely wish I could go back to v14 :-/
(#1903)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-12-2020, 02:05 PM

If we're looking for half throttle differences we'd need to look at half throttle logs. But maybe next step is to test out map4 on the latest firmware. You can also load v18 firmware and set DWP = 100 to see if that offers any improvement for you on part throttle feel.

Do you have an EWG connector installed? If not that would also be very useful in boosting up lower end response.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1904)
Old

Default 10-13-2020, 02:26 AM

Hi Terry,

1) Would you say the v17 map3 WOT logs I've provided look fine and normal to you, i.e. "as expected", especially in comparison to the old firmware logs? Me thinks the max boost is overall lower now?!

2) No, I got no EWG connector installed AFAIK, just JB4 and bluetooth module.

3) So I should check out map4 on v17 instead of map3, and do logs?

3) Would try the v18, but what does DWP=100 mean? Where would I set that?

Thanks

Quote:
If we're looking for half throttle differences we'd need to look at half throttle logs. But maybe next step is to test out map4 on the latest firmware. You can also load v18 firmware and set DWP = 100 to see if that offers any improvement for you on part throttle feel.

Do you have an EWG connector installed? If not that would also be very useful in boosting up lower end response.
(#1905)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-13-2020, 10:28 AM

DWP is a setting on the user adjustment page. After loading v18, set it to 100, and do a couple runs on map3 and map4 to see how both feel and look in logs.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1906)
Old

Car: Bmw M340i
Default 10-13-2020, 10:19 PM

Hey everyone, I just installed bms intake along with a evolution racewerks ******* ********. Currently running map 2. My check engine light came on and I know it's obviously because of the o2 sensor. Since I have the jb4 installed what can I do to get rid of the check engine light?
(#1907)
Old

Car: M240i Sunset Orange
Default 10-14-2020, 08:53 AM

Hey All, I have a few questions around my 18' M240i (B58B30O0). Currently set up with BMS CAI, 4.5" VRSF CTLSDP, and JB4 (V15-Map3) and it has been great. Time to increase my power though. From doing research and reading peoples updates, I'm not certain I have the answer i'm looking for.... Im considering the E85 mixture (e30) with NYS 93 octane.
*I dont have the EWG connector and wanted to know if I could run this without?

Also, I store my car for the winter and normally fill it up with 90 octane, ethanol-free.
*If I do this after running E30 - will it harm anything or will I be okay?

I recently took my car to get inspected - they said they updated the software due to a service recall or something like that. I feel that this was an ECU flash as when I got my car back all of my settings were wiped.
*If this is the case, do you think it would have wiped out the data of having a JB4 installed so would act as if the car was never touched?
(#1908)
Old

Default 10-15-2020, 12:41 AM

Does anybody know why I oftenly (not always) find my latest logs never, or 1-2 days later, in the log section of the JB4 app?!
(#1909)
Old

Car: 2017 540i
Default 10-18-2020, 11:15 AM

I installed my JB4 yesterday with the mobile connect kit. The mobile kit won't connect (not finding it in Bluetooth on multiple phones). I also can't seem to access the maps in the dash controls. The left turn signal stays lit but the speedo and rpm gauge do not move. The car definitely feels faster so I don't think there's a connection issue. Has anyone had similar issues? The car is a 2017 540i.
(#1910)
Old

Default DWP=100 => recurring error & dashboard yellow engine symbol lighting up - 10-22-2020, 02:06 AM

Quote:
DWP is a setting on the user adjustment page. After loading v18, set it to 100, and do a couple runs on map3 and map4 to see how both feel and look in logs.
OK, I can confirm:
DWP to "100" instead of "0" much improved the throttle feeling, esp. in Map3 v18.

Map3 v18 w/ DWP@100 gives me the most satisfaction, over Map4 or I even tried shortly Map5 (with 102 Octane fuel)

And I'd say there is no substantial difference anymore now to what I experienced w/ old Map4 in v14, although I'd say Map4 v14 somehow felt more brutal, but can very well be Placebo. I'd really love to flashback to v14 to properly compare, but this seems not to be supported here? :-/

Anyhow, what I do have now is a recurring error in the codes and in the car's dashboard (yellow engine symbol lighting up, once a day or so now, needs to be erased in JB4 app). Code section in JB4 app tells me "ignore error, tuner code only", some valve pressure to high, or something)

Is it possible to eradicate that recurring error?

Thanks again
(#1911)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-22-2020, 08:12 AM

What is the code specifically?

Burger Motorsports

(#1912)
Old

Car: M340i
Default 10-25-2020, 12:22 AM

Hi Terry, any plans to add OPF removal options to the JB4? Thanks
(#1913)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-25-2020, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedog
Hi Terry, any plans to add OPF removal options to the JB4? Thanks
Not interested in facilitating the removal of emissions equipment, sorry! Just not worth the risks if people abuse it.

Burger Motorsports

(#1914)
Old

Car: supra
Default 10-25-2020, 11:34 AM

Any improvements to Map 3 in v18? Currently have Supra w ******** and EWG connector. Debating adding Fuel It.
(#1915)
Old

Car: 2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Default 10-25-2020, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysta
Any improvements to Map 3 in v18? Currently have Supra w ******** and EWG connector. Debating adding Fuel It.
I have fuel it and running e30 on map 3 noticed an improvement and runs smooth. However, I tried map 5 with e40 and was getting less power and knocked out of the map all together WOT which is strange, I would've thought map 5 with e40 would've produced more then map 3 but not the case and it also doesnt feel nearly as smooth. So for now I'm sticking with e30 on map 3.
(#1916)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-25-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUPRUH
I have fuel it and running e30 on map 3 noticed an improvement and runs smooth. However, I tried map 5 with e40 and was getting less power and knocked out of the map all together WOT which is strange, I would've thought map 5 with e40 would've produced more then map 3 but not the case and it also doesnt feel nearly as smooth. So for now I'm sticking with e30 on map 3.
You'd have to evaluate the log to see why map5 is triggering safety systems. But in some cases map3 is quicker than map5.

Burger Motorsports

(#1917)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-28-2020, 04:30 PM

In the new BETA v18 firmware posted I've added a new test option we could use some feedback on. It's setup under the "DWP" setting although it's not actually changing wastegate position so no EWG connector is required for it.

We're hoping the change will boost partial throttle performance and response. To test it set DWP to 60-100. A setting of 100 will give the "most" response but may trigger a harmless false alarm CEL for the throttle body eventually. If it does then just lower by 10 and try again.

Burger Motorsports

(#1918)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 10-28-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
In the new BETA v18 firmware posted I've added a new test option we could use some feedback on. It's setup under the "DWP" setting although it's not actually changing wastegate position so no EWG connector is required for it.

We're hoping the change will boost partial throttle performance and response. To test it set DWP to 60-100. A setting of 100 will give the "most" response but may trigger a harmless false alarm CEL for the throttle body eventually. If it does then just lower by 10 and try again.
Terry,

Not to over simplify this, but is the new feature just a throttle "booster/amplifier" that rescales the input/output relationship? It's not adjusting tuning is it?

AFE Drop-in Filter
BMS Meth Kit (100% M1)
Muffler Delete
CA 91 Piss Gas...
(8oz Boostane 95ish Oct)
E85 (2Gal/Fill)
BEF (Race_WMI)
JB4 (Map 7 - Add 45... 19-20psi)
(#1919)
Old

Car: BMW G30 520i 2019
Default 10-28-2020, 08:41 PM

Quote:

DWP is "Default wastegate position" right ?

If we're not actually changing the wastegate position (as mentioned no EWG required) what's the JB4 actually doing when we change this setting ?

If we have the EWG harness, what does changing this setting do ?
(#1920)
Old

Car: 2018 X3 M40i
Default 10-30-2020, 01:28 AM

Quote:

Terry, tried it on my 2018 X3 M40i at 100 no cel but have this code lingering now.

101F01 throttle valve opening angle pressure, ignore, tuner code

I didnít do enough driving but feels more responsive. Only log I have is a launch control one if you want it.
(#1921)
Old

Car: 08 corvette / 06 vue
Default 10-31-2020, 12:31 AM

How do I set dwp with windows jb4 interface on firmware v18? Don't see it anywhere in there.
(#1922)
Old

Car: Q60
Default 11-08-2020, 06:59 PM

Is there any issues using JB4 with catted high flow DP on a M340i?
(#1923)
Old

Car: Q60
Default 11-19-2020, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonviper
Is there any issues using JB4 with catted high flow DP on a M340i?
Terry?
(#1924)
Old

Car: G20 330i, F25 X3, B9 SQ5, C7.5 A7
Default 11-20-2020, 03:42 PM

Quote:

Will there be any difference if I change the DWP value even if I have the EWG cable installed?

Current:
2020 BMW 330i xDrive
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
(#1925)
Old

Car: 2017 M240
Default 11-20-2020, 09:03 PM

Quote:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Terry,

Am I able to test the DWP setting on map 2 as well...or are you recommending this option only on map 3, and map 4?