N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2551)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 08-19-2019, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04
Well thatís really not free. Maybe your time is but certainly not mine. If someone is going to take the time to pull plugs it only makes sense to drop a better plug in as opposed to the trash KIA used (even re-gapped).
First, your time is free. Every day you wake up, it is given to you freely. You don't work for it. You don't pay for it. 24 hours. Here you go! It's a gift. LOL

Second, explain to me how the factory plugs qualify as trash?

-MurlinatoR

Connoisseur of all things Kia
20 year Kia salesperson

2018 Stinger GT AWD Sunset Yellow
30k miles
-JB4 w/bluetooth
-Burger Tuning pedal tuner
-Factory NGK plugs gapped @ .024
-Tork shorty intake
-ADD1 3.3v oil catch can
-Removed factory mufflers
-Firestone Indy Firehawk 500's
(#2552)
Old

Car: 2019 STINGER GT2
Default 08-19-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurlinatoR
First, your time is free. Every day you wake up, it is given to you freely. You don't work for it. You don't pay for it. 24 hours. Here you go! It's a gift. LOL

Because in a tuned application... they are!
(#2553)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-19-2019, 03:36 PM

The issue with the factory plugs is that for reasons unknown they are prone to ceramic cracking, even when properly gapped. The Denso is an inexpensive option that IMHO is better. But the risks of damage beyond the plugs is low so I get why people just regap the factory plugs. For many it works great. In some cases it doesn't, and then they can do the Denso if needed.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2554)
Old

Car: N55 335i
Default 08-19-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurlinatoR

First, my time isnít free. My time comes at a rate of $200/hr ó and itís not infinite, itís limited and I do work for it.

Second, see the previous two posts or the plethora of others, some including pictures, that show the trash factory plugs.
(#2555)
Old
BMS Fanboy

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT RWD
Default 08-20-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
1) With CPI E50 is the current maximum level for tuning reasons. No indication the fuel system hardware would have any issue with straight E85, though.

2) CPI is not needed for E30. It's for people who want to run closer to E50 which is enough octane to max out the factory turbos.
What is it about CPI that allows you to run a higher ethanol content?
(#2556)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-20-2019, 09:54 AM

Supplements the high fuel pressure pump limitations.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2557)
Old
BMS Fanboy

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT RWD
Default 08-20-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Supplements the high fuel pressure pump limitations.
EDIT:

Disregard, I found your thread on stingerforums, and got all the info I needed.

Last edited by P4RTYH4RTY; 08-20-2019 at 10:59 AM..
(#2558)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 08-23-2019, 06:25 PM

Is there a way I can turn up boost safety past 21 on the pc app. Limit is set to 21 and everyone else with Bluetooth seem to be able to go up to 25.
(#2559)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-24-2019, 09:00 AM

Not until v11 firmware where we recsaled the interface.

Burger Motorsports

(#2560)
Old

Default 08-24-2019, 07:18 PM

I have noticed something since I’ve had my jb4 installed and I’m just wondering if it’s normal and what might cause it. I’m thinking it’s not a issue but I just want to make sure. Ive had the jb4 for a year now with zero issues. I’ve noticed something when I run map 2 or higher. When I do full throttle runs and let off throttle very quickly it’s not smooth like map 0 or lower then map 2. It’s hard to explain what I feel but it’s almost like power stops more aggressively and harsher. Maybe it’s just the throttle body’s closing more abruptly with the added boost? It’s like when a motor is under throttle and it’s torquing to one way then it stops when you let off and you can feel it.

Last edited by Adamdan; 08-24-2019 at 07:26 PM..
(#2561)
Old

Default 08-25-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamdan
I have noticed something since Iíve had my jb4 installed and Iím just wondering if itís normal and what might cause it. Iím thinking itís not a issue but I just want to make sure. Ive had the jb4 for a year now with zero issues. Iíve noticed something when I run map 2 or higher. When I do full throttle runs and let off throttle very quickly itís not smooth like map 0 or lower then map 2. Itís hard to explain what I feel but itís almost like power stops more aggressively and harsher. Maybe itís just the throttle bodyís closing more abruptly with the added boost? Itís like when a motor is under throttle and itís torquing to one way then it stops when you let off and you can feel it.
The same thing happened to me, and I started getting what sounded like turbo flutter.

I ended up getting adjustable recirculation / atomospheric BOVs. Letting up the pedal in the full atmospheric mode is much smoother now, and likely kinder to your turbos.
(#2562)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-25-2019, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamdan
I have noticed something since Iíve had my jb4 installed and Iím just wondering if itís normal and what might cause it. Iím thinking itís not a issue but I just want to make sure. Ive had the jb4 for a year now with zero issues. Iíve noticed something when I run map 2 or higher. When I do full throttle runs and let off throttle very quickly itís not smooth like map 0 or lower then map 2. Itís hard to explain what I feel but itís almost like power stops more aggressively and harsher. Maybe itís just the throttle bodyís closing more abruptly with the added boost? Itís like when a motor is under throttle and itís torquing to one way then it stops when you let off and you can feel it.
Normal from running higher boost levels. More boost = more airflow to blow out the diverters.

Burger Motorsports

(#2563)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 3.3TT
Default 08-29-2019, 09:14 AM

I understand boost can be limited by gear. And that it's used primarily for launching with limited wheelspin. Where do I make those adjustments and what are the recommendations for an AWD for both Map 2 and Map 3?

Thank you!
(#2564)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-29-2019, 09:43 AM

With AWD there is no need to reduce boost in lower gears generally so leave those settings at 0 (default).

Burger Motorsports

(#2565)
Old

Default 08-29-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
With AWD there is no need to reduce boost in lower gears generally so leave those settings at 0 (default).
Even on Map 3? Interesting - OK, thanks!
(#2566)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger GT2
Default 08-29-2019, 09:57 AM

I've been running map 3 with E30 for over a year and really only get any wheel spin in the rain. I'm AWD with the 18" all season tires too
(#2567)
Old

Default 08-29-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingerGT
I've been running map 3 with E30 for over a year and really only get any wheel spin in the rain. I'm AWD with the 18" all season tires too
Good to know! I purchased a set of wheels and tires for summer. It's a lot harder to get them to make noise than it is the all-seasons! LOL
(#2568)
Old

Car: stinger
Default 08-30-2019, 03:14 PM

Any pointers on how to acquire and install the IAT Wire? I understand the app portion but can't find anything on the wire except that it is added to the harness.
(#2569)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-30-2019, 09:07 PM

You get a fuel wire kit and use just the short wire, it install within the JB4 harness as shown.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2570)
Old

Car: stinger
Default 08-30-2019, 09:51 PM

Thanks!
(#2571)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Default 08-30-2019, 10:25 PM

Finally able to get to Mexico and get two good pulls from a dig, 93 with gapped plugs map 2.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-08-30 23_17_02_Map-2 (19GT2TSH).csv (17.3 KB, 125 views)
File Type: csv 2019-08-30 23_19_55_Map-2 (19GT2TSH).csv (17.6 KB, 131 views)
(#2572)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 08-31-2019, 01:43 AM

Got a little pull in on Map 2. BMS intakes, Denso plugs at .022, with fuel wires.
(#2573)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-31-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whytiptoe
Finally able to get to Mexico and get two good pulls from a dig, 93 with gapped plugs map 2.
Looks as expected to me.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2574)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-31-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven TMAN
Got a little pull in on Map 2. BMS intakes, Denso plugs at .022, with fuel wires.
Logs with shifts are better for analysis often but no issues here.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2575)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 08-31-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Logs with shifts are better for analysis often but no issues here.
Any certain gears seem to be better. I can make it happen.

Eventually, Im planning on running some boostane with my 93 so I can try Map 3. Seems like a few have done Map 3 on good 93 but I want to follow the "rules."