N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2451)
Old

Car: 2018 kia stinger
Default 07-29-2019, 08:47 AM

Got my meth kit hooked up. Holy jeebus! Kicks hard! Anyways, got some 'mexican' strip pulles on map8, and a test map2 pull for daily driving, logs attached
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-28 23_03_44_Map-2.csv (9.3 KB, 176 views)
File Type: csv 2019-07-28 23_11_20_Map-8.csv (11.3 KB, 142 views)
File Type: csv 2019-07-28 23_25_59_Map-8.csv (11.7 KB, 134 views)
(#2452)
Old
BMS Fanboy

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT RWD
Default 07-29-2019, 11:35 AM

Iím not sure if this has been covered already, but what are the differences between the current WMI kit available, and the CPI kit coming out?
(#2453)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default Tial BOV - 07-29-2019, 11:56 AM

I've capped off the JT intakes, I made sure to re-use the OE gaskets for the base of the flange adapter, I have the smallest skinny hose running from the sensor/solenoid on the left to the top of the BOV...I feel like I have everything right but I'm not getting any movement from the valve.
(#2454)
Old

Default 08-01-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talloneus Khan
Got my meth kit hooked up. Holy jeebus! Kicks hard! Anyways, got some 'mexican' strip pulles on map8, and a test map2 pull for daily driving, logs attached
Bump
(#2455)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-01-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
What fuel are you using? The WMI log looks good but I think it could use more octane. You can experiment with maybe a 10 lower additive to evaluate if that gets you faster.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2456)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-01-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4RTYH4RTY
Iím not sure if this has been covered already, but what are the differences between the current WMI kit available, and the CPI kit coming out?
CPI is for those with E85 access and is more of a 7th fuel injector sort of arrangement, all managed by the JB4, to get around the high pressure fuel pump limits.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2457)
Old
BMS Fanboy

Default 08-01-2019, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
CPI is for those with E85 access and is more of a 7th fuel injector sort of arrangement, all managed by the JB4, to get around the high pressure fuel pump limits.
Thank you for the response.

So if I understand this correctly, WMI is for those who DO NOT have access to ethanol, and CPI is for those who DO have access to ethanol?

Also, does CPI require a tank and pump like WMI does? Or does it just feed from the existing fuel system?

Lastly, does one provide more performance gains over the other, or is it negligible?
(#2458)
Old

Default 08-02-2019, 12:46 AM

Quote:
What fuel are you using? The WMI log looks good but I think it could use more octane. You can experiment with maybe a 10 lower additive to evaluate if that gets you faster.
Will do, I am using canadian shell 91
(#2459)
Old

Default 08-02-2019, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Or add some octane booster.
(#2460)
Old

Default 08-02-2019, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr1
Or add some octane booster.
I was thinking that, yes. But, I can mix my own water/meth, and was wondering if I could just mix a 60/40 or 70/30 meth mix, instead of the 50/50 I sm running, and acheive the same results without lowering the additive, since 91 is the best gas I got. Unless I want to buy 110 racing gas at over $200 a tank
(#2461)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 08-02-2019, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Hey Iím also in Canada and while I have heard of some guys running map 2 with shell 91, in bc this has not been the case for me. I have not found any gas in bc that I would run for map 2. I found the 91 octane that has some Ethanol in it to be better. Right now I run chevron 94 with a E85 mix that seems to have the best logs for timing. Shell 91 and E85 is pretty good too.
(#2462)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-02-2019, 04:40 PM

Kia OCC back in stock, get them while they're hot!

https://burgertuning.com/products/bm...29391333785715
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#2463)
Old

Default 08-02-2019, 09:20 PM

Why the Stinger is the only car with this kind of product available?
You guys have a lot of products for BMW cars but I don't any similar OCC design, only regular OCCs.
(#2464)
Old

Car: G70 3.3t
Default 08-03-2019, 08:13 AM

Terry, thanks for a great product! Installed the JB4 last weekend and installed the plugs I ordered from you, gapped to .022. With 93 octane, i been doing a few small runs with map 1 and 2. See attached. Getting some hiccups at the top end of 3rd gear. Any suggestions?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-08-03 10_09_15_Map-2.csv (16.6 KB, 98 views)
File Type: csv 2019-08-03 10_07_14_Map-1.csv (5.7 KB, 86 views)
File Type: csv 2019-08-03 10_05_04_Map-1.csv (14.4 KB, 97 views)
File Type: csv 2019-08-03 10_04_12_Map-2.csv (25.5 KB, 91 views)
(#2465)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-03-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdefrees
Terry, thanks for a great product! Installed the JB4 last weekend and installed the plugs I ordered from you, gapped to .022. With 93 octane, i been doing a few small runs with map 1 and 2. See attached. Getting some hiccups at the top end of 3rd gear. Any suggestions?
Timing, boost, and AFR look good here. Did you feel anything in this log? If so I can't see it on the data side.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2466)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-03-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr1
Why the Stinger is the only car with this kind of product available?
You guys have a lot of products for BMW cars but I don't any similar OCC design, only regular OCCs.
The layout of the engine determines how parts need to work. BMW uses an internal PCV system inside the intake manifold so it's not possible to intercept the vacuum line and add an air/fuel separator in this way. I wish we could, we'd sell a lot of them.

This is the BMW equivalent: https://www.burgertuning.com/product...m-side-occ-kit

Burger Motorsports

(#2467)
Old

Default 08-03-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Timing, boost, and AFR look good here. Did you feel anything in this log? If so I can't see it on the data side.
Look at the 10:04 Map 2 run. That's when I felt a couple stutters. Thanks again!
(#2468)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 08-03-2019, 12:03 PM

Can I install the jb4 and not install the obd2 cable?
(#2469)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-03-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvthundercat
Can I install the jb4 and not install the obd2 cable?
Sure but performance will be limited relative to running the OBDII cable.

Burger Motorsports

(#2470)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-03-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdefrees
Look at the 10:04 Map 2 run. That's when I felt a couple stutters. Thanks again!
That's the log above. No obvious signs of issues.

Burger Motorsports

(#2471)
Old

Default 08-03-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
That's the log above. No obvious signs of issues.
Thanks for your time Terry. Can't wait to unlock the full potential of your product. Patiently waiting for O2 sensor extensions. Keep up the great work!
(#2472)
Old
BMS Fanboy

Default 08-03-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the response.

So if I understand this correctly, WMI is for those who DO NOT have access to ethanol, and CPI is for those who DO have access to ethanol?

Also, does CPI require a tank and pump like WMI does? Or does it just feed from the existing fuel system?

Lastly, does one provide more performance gains over the other, or is it negligible?
Bump, in case you missed it, Terry.
(#2473)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-03-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Bump, in case you missed it, Terry.
CPI doesn't require a pump or tank, it just tees in to the low fuel pressure system, and then the JB4 runs the CPI injector to control how much extra fuel is injected in to the charge air path. You need to drill/tap or weld a bung to the chargepipe or intercooler to run CPI. It can't work with our plug and play WMI nozzle adapter.

If you don't have E85 access then WMI would be a much better choice. And even if you do some customers prefer WMI, while some don't want to bother with extra tanks, and prefer CPI. Performance is roughly equivalent.

Burger Motorsports

(#2474)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 08-03-2019, 08:45 PM

Hi Terry;

Just need a quick review from you of the attached log before I move forward with installing fuel wires.

2019 Kia Stinger GT
91 Octane
Stock Everything
Map1

Thank you
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-08-03 20_21_36_Map-1.csv (12.2 KB, 77 views)
(#2475)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger Gt1
Default 08-03-2019, 10:20 PM

ok so
been doing a little research on the web, but "in your own word" what would you say a back end flash "exactly" is. To my understanding... is it just to monitor fueling/timing? Would I sound crazy to go a tuner friend of mine and ask for a back end flash? Please advise. thanks