N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#776)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 06-16-2017, 12:56 AM

Hi !

Where is the BEF for JB4 MT N55 ? I Can't found de PUMP EU Version.. ?
(#777)
Old

Car: '11 335xi M Sport
Default 06-16-2017, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdul
Hi !

Where is the BEF for JB4 MT N55 ? I Can't found de PUMP EU Version.. ?
USA and EU versions have been combined in to 1 and can be found on page 1 of this thread.
(#778)
Old

Car: 2011 135i N55 DCT
Default hi all - 06-22-2017, 12:51 PM

Hello friends im goint to do this, so i have some questions,

1- the MHD have stage 1 and stage2. witch one to use car have pure stage 1 and meth?

2- after the MHD map do i have to install the file in the first post ?

3- Do i need to do any changes to the maps or only the 4/2 settings ?

4- The meth kit is working or do i need anithing else???
(#779)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-22-2017, 05:45 PM

Load the PUMP BEF, set JB4 to 4/2.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#780)
Old

Default 06-22-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Load the PUMP BEF, set JB4 to 4/2.

Terry where it's the pump bef ???
(#781)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335i
Default 06-22-2017, 05:56 PM

I think you have some things mixed up. Do you have JB4? These maps are meant to be flashed to be used with JB4.

There is no Stage 1 or Stage 2 back end flash, those are meant for flash only with no JB4.

If you use JB4, download the file at thread start, unzip it and it will have all the files to be used only with JB4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frefer82
Hello friends im goint to do this, so i have some questions,

1- the MHD have stage 1 and stage2. witch one to use car have pure stage 1 and meth?

2- after the MHD map do i have to install the file in the first post ?

3- Do i need to do any changes to the maps or only the 4/2 settings ?

4- The meth kit is working or do i need anithing else???

2011 335i / MHD E85 BEF / JB4 ISO / xHP Stage 3 TCU / M3 Control Arms / VRSF Piping/ Phoenix CP / YCW Coilovers 6K-18K / Enkei Raijin 18' Wheels / Michellin PSS
(#782)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 06-23-2017, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisc0h
I had issues with xHP + JB4_BEF and would appreciate the MT option, as well!
The MT option does nothing on our OTS maps, it's the AT/AT alpina / DCT settings that apply different settings. I guess you need to revert some tables to stock in the BEF files.
(#783)
Old

Car: 2011 135i
Default 06-23-2017, 11:43 AM

Wow quite a bit of reading. I gather this is a good option for most JB4 users but wonder if it's right for someone who is FBO, maxed out on the stock turbo. Before I went down this path I had BMS look at the logs for my PPK/JB4 setup. Steve responded and said "Log looks normal but PWM is maxed out, so you can't get much more out of that turbo"

So one thing I've seen mentioned repeatedly is that the BEF/JB4 combo is smoother, and one of the biggest changes is that the JB4 BEF pulls timing, but gains more power due to added boost. Would that help me if I'm already maxed out on the stock turbo?

This is my current setup

2011 135i N55 w/DCT

JB4 running the latest ISO FW on a PPK flash.

FF Wires
VSRF Kittenless DP
BMS Intake
Cobb Chargepipe
Active Catback
Wagner EVO 2 FMIC
Running a 30% (E85)/70% (93 octane) mix for fuel.
Hitting around 18 psi on Map 5

So my questions really are, will I be picking anything up if I'm not going to be able to get above 18 psi? Also are the JB4 BEF's adjusting the DCT pressure to avoid slippage?
(#784)
Old

Default 06-23-2017, 04:10 PM

Oh and one more question. When I load the BEF, is it saving my stock configuration that already has a PPK flash?
(#785)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-23-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxified
So one thing I've seen mentioned repeatedly is that the BEF/JB4 combo is smoother, and one of the biggest changes is that the JB4 BEF pulls timing, but gains more power due to added boost. Would that help me if I'm already maxed out on the stock turbo?
With the BEF we can run less timing and more boost, than with the factory flash, which can generate more torque. We can also increase the reported torque to the transmission to improve shifting. It's not a huge benefit but then again it's $200 to load, so well worth it, for any DCT N55.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#786)
Old

Default 06-23-2017, 04:18 PM

Loading now. Thanks for the ISO file Terry.
(#787)
Old

Default 06-24-2017, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peen
I think you have some things mixed up. Do you have JB4? These maps are meant to be flashed to be used with JB4.

There is no Stage 1 or Stage 2 back end flash, those are meant for flash only with no JB4.

If you use JB4, download the file at thread start, unzip it and it will have all the files to be used only with JB4.
yes please help me, mi car its a 135i N55:

jb4 iso
bms meth kit
pure stage 1
cattless ********
charge pipe
intake:

So i download the MHD app to an android tablet.

question do i have to install any file from the MHD there are 2 stages they all have internal maps wich one do i need to install?

question the file from the first post the one that terry post "N55 map release" i install that with the jb4 ( like the update firmwares ) ???
(#788)
Old

Default 06-24-2017, 07:23 AM

Quote:
question do i have to install any file from the MHD there are 2 stages they all have internal maps wich one do i need to install?

question the file from the first post the one that terry post "N55 map release" i install that with the jb4 ( like the update firmwares ) ???
No. The link in Terry's post has the 4 BEF files that are created by Burger Tuning. They are bin files you would download to your android device, then do the flash through the MHD tuner. You do not install them to the JB4. You need ISO 5.14 or 5.15 firmware installed and running on the JB4 prior to starting the flash.

1. Download MHD tuner and pay $200 for license.
2. Download BEF files to android device. Make a note of where your store the file. Pick appropriate one for your mods
3. Change JB4 to map 0.
4. Hook up car to charger.
5. Make sure android device is fully charged.
6. Plug android to USB OTG cable, then to ObdII cable, to port on car.
7. Select the appropriate JB4 BEF from the MHD app by navigating to the file folder you saved the BEF.
8. Select burble, cold start options.
9. Press flash.
10. Wait 45-50 minutes to complete.
11. Select 4/2 from steering wheel controls to tell JB4 you're running a BEF.
12. Select desired map from JB4.
13. Start car, log, share thoughts and data.
(#789)
Old

Talking 06-24-2017, 08:32 AM

Quote:
No. The link in Terry's post has the 4 BEF files that are created by Burger Tuning. They are bin files you would download to your android device, then do the flash through the MHD tuner. You do not install them to the JB4. You need ISO 5.14 or 5.15 firmware installed and running on the JB4 prior to starting the flash.

2. Download BEF files to android device. Make a note of where your store the file. Pick appropriate one for your mods
3. Change JB4 to map 0.
7. Select the appropriate JB4 BEF from the MHD app by navigating to the file folder you saved the BEF.
9. Press flash.

Thanks for the step by step, but i have 2 more question.

were i have to pay the 200 i download the MHD but didnt charge me anything.

what its the burble, cold start option ???
(#790)
Old

Default 06-24-2017, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the step by step, but i have 2 more question.

were i have to pay the 200 i download the MHD but didnt charge me anything.

what its the burble, cold start option ???
LOL. Did your mom breastfeed you too long?!?!

The $200 is purchased through the MHD app. It's an in-app purchase that is purchased in the app and charged to your GooglePlay store account.

Burble is a sound the exhaust makes. Like the the BMW PPK kits burble but without the backfire. At least that's what I've seen different on DCT I have.

Cold start is a feature all modern day cars have. It's loud. You can turn it off.
(#791)
Old

Default 06-24-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
LOL. Did your mom breastfeed you too long?!?!

The $200 is purchased through the MHD app. It's an in-app purchase that is purchased in the app and charged to your GooglePlay store account.

Burble is a sound the exhaust makes. Like the the BMW PPK kits burble but without the backfire. At least that's what I've seen different on DCT I have.

Cold start is a feature all modern day cars have. It's loud. You can turn it off.

Sorry but im from Colombia (south america) and my english is not that good, the question its because i download the app and pay nothing, so for me its weird i only put my google acoount and download it ( its the app MHD N55 E-series or i download the wrong one) ???
And the burble its beacause my 135i don make the burble sound that mi M240i make so i want some one to clear that to me.(no to make fun of me)

SO with this file y can choose if the car make the burble sounds like the M240i
(#792)
Old

Default 06-24-2017, 09:24 AM

Just follow my directions. When you plug it in and follow the directions it will make sense. I don't have the android device in front of me now but at the first screen you will see a link for MHD add-on features. The main license fee is $200. You need to pay that. Click it and pay the license fee.

If you're in this thread I assume you're intention is to load the JB4 back end flash. Those are free in Terry's link. You don't need the monitoring license through MHD, that's done on the JB4. You don't need other maps.

Just pay the $200 to unlock the license, and follow my instructions.
(#793)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-24-2017, 09:25 AM

Anyone running an xHP trans flash and having an issue with low throttle smoothness on the latest BEF maps?

Burger Motorsports

(#794)
Old

Default 06-24-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:

3. Change JB4 to map 0.
9. Press flash.

Question I need to connect the cable to de car to pay for the license ?
(#795)
Old

Default 06-24-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Yes. Simply because it's registering the license to your VIN
(#796)
Old

Default 06-24-2017, 07:25 PM

Ran at the track tonight. Terry's BEF dropped my 1/4 ET by .30 seconds. Literally was struggling to get under 13 seconds prior to the BEF. First run tonight with the BEF pump tune and I ran 12.79 @ 112 mph.

https://youtu.be/6cOrDiVCumQ

Last edited by wrxified; 06-24-2017 at 07:50 PM..
(#797)
Old

Car: '11 335xi M Sport
Default 06-24-2017, 09:49 PM

Quote:
The license you are looking for is the actually the flasher module. Purchase the flasher module for $200. This will give you the ability to flash the jb4 BEF.
(#798)
Old

Default 06-25-2017, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalN55
The license you are looking for is the actually the flasher module. Purchase the flasher module for $200. This will give you the ability to flash the jb4 BEF.

Ok I will try this today mi 135i have the JB4 dead, no menu from the steering wheel and no connection with the pc, I check if was power but the cable it's sending power to the JB4, today we are going to change the vacuum valve to see if that's the problem, and if I fix the car I will do the bef file.
(#799)
Old

Car: 335i xdrve/m-sport
Default 06-25-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Anyone running an xHP trans flash and having an issue with low throttle smoothness on the latest BEF maps?
Hi Terry,

I did not have this specific issue, but did have issues with the car not shifting from 3rd to 4th and some issues with throttle settings not being set correctly, which may or may not have contributed to my car stalling.

Because of this, I flashed my TCU back to stock. Is there any reason that the BEF cannot be utilized with xHP flash (i.e. discrepancy in the torque values seen between xHP and JB4 BEF; or no MT flash-time option, as when flashing the OTS MHD maps)?

Thx!

2011 335i x-drive MSport: MHD PUMP_BEF + JB4 ISO 5.16 / Pure Stage 2 / Stage 2 LPFP (bucketless) / N20 TMAP / BMS Intake / ER CP / VRSF ** / VRSF 7" FMIC
(#800)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-25-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisc0h
Because of this, I flashed my TCU back to stock. Is there any reason that the BEF cannot be utilized with xHP flash (i.e. discrepancy in the torque values seen between xHP and JB4 BEF; or no MT flash-time option, as when flashing the OTS MHD maps)?
If a lager number of people report issues with the xHP and MHD back end flash map then we'll continue working on changes. So far only one car reported issues and throttle changes reported to have corrected it.

Burger Motorsports