N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#401)
Old

Car: Stinger 3.3T
Default 08-10-2018, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
One of the BMS Stinger hard parts we're currently testing...

(#402)
Old

Car: Kia stinger
Default 08-10-2018, 05:44 AM

Unless there's parts I can already purchase now?
Because I'm.really impatient... lol
(#403)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger Gt1
Default 08-10-2018, 01:22 PM

Hopefully the blow off valve increases efficiency, last Bov I did was on my ecoboost mustang and it hurt performance
(#404)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-10-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry96
Installed the wires, and daily run map2, terry and i have been talking and I am going to run it up to map 3... any suggestion as to how much e85 I should put in the car when doing so?
Everything runs great..
Mods
K&N Intakes
Mk45 plugs gapped to .18
muffler delete
433/470 who/wtq
A 5 gallon E85 mix rest pump is a good place to start.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#405)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger GT2
Default 08-10-2018, 07:13 PM

I installed the fuel control wires tonight and I can definitely tell a difference in the upper RPM's. I'll definitely try an e85 blend next.
(#406)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-11-2018, 06:01 PM

I have a couple ideas for the "no boost" bug after doing a higher boost run, until car is restarted. If you can create the fault easily email me and I'll send you a firmware to test.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#407)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger Gt1
Default 08-11-2018, 09:09 PM

Just filled up with e85/rest 93octane... switched it over to map3... car pulls man! Think it’s a bit more powerful now! Wonder the car would make with *********? Thoughts?
(#408)
Old

Default 08-11-2018, 11:19 PM

Quote:
I have a couple ideas for the "no boost" bug after doing a higher boost run, until car is restarted. If you can create the fault easily email me and I'll send you a firmware to test.
I probably had the no boost issue at least 10 times now but I never get a CEL. I scan for codes and nothing shows up. my car is very tolerant
(#409)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-12-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHR Stinger
I probably had the no boost issue at least 10 times now but I never get a CEL. I scan for codes and nothing shows up. my car is very tolerant
Yes it seems some get the code some don't, very bizarre! Maybe have to trigger it twice in a row to get the CEL on? Anyway you'd be a good candidate to test some firmware changes as we hunt it down.

Burger Motorsports

(#410)
Old

Default 08-12-2018, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Yes it seems some get the code some don't, very bizarre! Maybe have to trigger it twice in a row to get the CEL on? Anyway you'd be a good candidate to test some firmware changes as we hunt it down.
Cool , look forward to it.
(#411)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 08-13-2018, 07:35 AM

I can also test the firmware terry. I can fairly reliably make it happen ( say 50% of the time) on Map 5 full pull
(#412)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-13-2018, 01:27 PM

OK email me for it!

Burger Motorsports

(#413)
Old

Default 08-14-2018, 07:14 AM

Terry, I am planning to start modding very soon. What are you planning to develop for the Stinger so I know what not to purchase.
(#414)
Old

Default 08-14-2018, 02:09 PM

Terry, I tried the file you sent me and I am not getting the No Boost issue anymore, even on MAP 3. So whatever you did it is working.

Also took the car to the dyno today,
MAP 0 - 341whp / 387wtq - Baseline
MAP 1 - 393whp / 466wtq
MAP 2 - 402whp / 484wtq
MAP 3 - 418whp / 477wtq

We had an issue getting a smooth curve on the dyno, first we though it was wheel spin from the high torque, so we had two guys sit in the back and we tightened the straps some more but nothing changed. Tried with the Fuel Bias on zero and still no use, whenever we go back to MAP 0 the run becomes smooth again.

Maybe Torque Management interfering? CSV files attached, let me know what you think.

Also isn't +/- 13 Afr too lean? Should I change the Fuel Bias setting?
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv Dyno - Run 1 - MAP 0.csv (10.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: csv Dyno - Run 2 - MAP 1 - FC.csv (9.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: csv Dyno - Run 3 - MAP 2 - FC.csv (9.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: csv Dyno - Run 11 - MAP 3 - FC.csv (8.7 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by BHR Stinger; 08-14-2018 at 02:20 PM..
(#415)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-14-2018, 02:40 PM

Your map0 log has indications of oscillation in it also, so likely a dyno sampling error of some sort. Are you RWD or AWD?

AFR I leaned out a bit more in the V4 firmware at the 100 scaling mark as a test. I'll be changing it or the suggested settings when we publish the firmware. Didn't send it for dyno testing just code testing.

You can knock those 100 spots down to 80 for now if you want to ritchen it up more. AFR is showing as 12.7:1 in the log which is what I was shooting for so the dyno sampling at the tailpipe might just be off 1/2pt due to cats, exhaust contamination, etc.

All said ~418whp for the boost level is pretty solid. What fuel is this again?

Burger Motorsports

(#416)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 08-14-2018, 06:34 PM

What mods again too?
(#417)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT
Default 08-14-2018, 06:37 PM

Hellz yes!!!!!
(#418)
Old

Default 08-14-2018, 11:53 PM

Quote:
All said ~418whp for the boost level is pretty solid. What fuel is this again?
Im RWD running 98ron with a small shot of wmi 50/50mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR STINGER
What mods again too?
Car is stock other than HKS M40iL gapped at .022 and the WMI.

Last edited by BHR Stinger; 08-15-2018 at 03:26 AM..
(#419)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger 3.3t GT AWD
Default 08-15-2018, 07:59 AM

Hey guys. I'll be ordering my JB4 soon and wanted some advice or thoughts. I currently have torque motorsport air filters, HKS45mil gapped at .27, JBL ******** and JunBL EVC *** and lap3 chip. Last Saturday I did a dyno run and the numbers were great 386whp and 463 torque. Now like I mentioned earlier want to try JB4, but I would like to know if by using JB4 will my car be over 415whp or more. It seems people are getting pretty good numbers with gist plugs and the system. Any thought or ideas are welcomed.

Thanks,

AC
(#420)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-15-2018, 08:29 AM

With our fuel wires on you'll make more power for sure.

Burger Motorsports

(#421)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger 3.3t GT AWD
Default 08-15-2018, 08:48 AM

Any further updates needed? Or I should be okay with what I have minus the Lap3 and then add the JB4. Also, if I do need to take it to Kia just remove the fuel line and JB4?
(#422)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-15-2018, 08:58 AM

KIA will void your warranty for the exhaust changes, for the intake changes, for any tuning products they see on the car.

On the JB4 once installed with the fuel wires post a log on say map2 and lets evaluate your hard parts and see how the logs look.

Burger Motorsports

(#423)
Old

Default 08-15-2018, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Terry, I am planning to start modding very soon. What are you planning to develop for the Stinger so I know what not to purchase.
Reminder
(#424)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-15-2018, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Reminder
For now Intakes, BOV kit, chargepiping, water/methanol kit. Intercooler and OCC kits.

Burger Motorsports

(#425)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-16-2018, 07:46 AM

Getting a bit quicker. Our rough prototype intake added around .1th/1mph, so far.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports