How modified am I?
(#4927)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Forte GT
Default 06-10-2022, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold_N
How modified am I?
Well if you are like the majority of Hyundai/Kia FWD 1.6-2.5 owners.

Beyond bolt-on parts and modified stock turbo, not much.

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect
Burger Motorsports Water Methanol (45/55 mix)
Rev9 Coilovers Corner Balanced & Aligned

13.75@102 Map 3
13.77@103
Map 7, E30+WMI, Hoosier Drag Radials
E85 Station Locator (US Only)
(#4928)
Old

Car: 2019 Veloster N
Default 06-10-2022, 10:55 AM

So your in that group too so why get all sarcastic with people when your fastest time is slower than a stock Elantra N?
(#4929)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Forte GT
Default 06-10-2022, 11:17 AM

Quote:
So your in that group too so why get all sarcastic with people when your fastest time is slower than a stock Elantra N?
I can assure you it's much faster than the times I have posted.

Just hold your horses, I am working on several things here.

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect
Burger Motorsports Water Methanol (45/55 mix)
Rev9 Coilovers Corner Balanced & Aligned

13.75@102 Map 3
13.77@103
Map 7, E30+WMI, Hoosier Drag Radials
E85 Station Locator (US Only)
(#4930)
Old

Car: 2020 Veloster N nonPP
Default 06-11-2022, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Attached is log for map zero pull as tCizzler was saying the car has a timing scale that seems to be very consistent, I did a few pulls and they where all within 4 or 5 percent of each other so instead of posting all of them I'm just going to attach the longest one. Forgot to add car is on 93 with 3.5 gallons of a pretty regularly tested e85 site that has 80%-91% ethanol.
I just noticed your comment, I wasn't notified because it wasn't quoted. But yes, that's pretty consistent with just about every log I've seen from a VN.

And your avatar name. Are you from Pgh? Or is your car actually black and gold?
(#4931)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-12-2022, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby80
hello all, wanted to see if someone can check out my logs. Genesis g70 3.3t. Currently running HKS plugs gapped to .022 and intakes on 93 Map 2. Car felt great and ready to run e-30. Thanks
Looks great to me, go for it.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4932)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-12-2022, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmari1974
Hey Terry,

Here's a better log.

Attachment 106672

Thanks!

B
I can't remember if you had an issue, but the log itself seems fine to me.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4933)
Old

Car: 2020 KIA Forte GT DCT
Default 06-12-2022, 12:15 PM

I didn't have any issues..just wanted to make sure things looked okay.

Thanks for taking a look!
(#4934)
Old

Default 06-12-2022, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCizzler
I just noticed your comment, I wasn't notified because it wasn't quoted. But yes, that's pretty consistent with just about every log I've seen from a VN.

And your avatar name. Are you from Pgh? Or is your car actually black and gold?
Don't know what Pgh is but it is actually black and gold
(#4935)
Old

Car: 2020 Veloster N nonPP
Default 06-12-2022, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Don't know what Pgh is but it is actually black and gold
Pgh is Pittsburgh, PA. Black and gold team colors. I though maybe you were local to me. But definitely not if you were unaware.
(#4936)
Old

Default 06-13-2022, 07:48 AM

I'm not a stealers fan at all I'm down in Baltimore though so not too far away
(#4937)
Old

Car: '18 G80 Sport 3.3TT
Default 06-14-2022, 05:27 PM

New guy here and I have not been able to figure out how to upload the graph most commonly seen here but was hoping I could get a read of the attached CSV file, please.

Map 1, 91 (non-ethanol) Oct fuel, Denso plugs gapped to .022, no other mods.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21-M1-R2-220614-1100.csv (18.3 KB, 33 views)
(#4938)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 06-15-2022, 07:23 AM

Good call, graphs are almost useless, always upload the csv. As far as the log it looks normal for 91 oct and that heat. Timing deviations are a little high but nothing to be too concerned about. Stay Map1 and you'll be fine.
(#4939)
Old

Default 06-15-2022, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
Good call, graphs are almost useless, always upload the csv. As far as the log it looks normal for 91 oct and that heat. Timing deviations are a little high but nothing to be too concerned about. Stay Map1 and you'll be fine.
Thanks for the input. I just mixed in 5 gal of E-85 (I'm waiting for my Fuel-it analyzer to show up so I can install it).

How long does it take for that E-85 to mix with fuel and hit my rails? I'd like to get a comparison pull/log.
(#4940)
Old

Default 06-15-2022, 08:39 AM

No more than 5 min of driving, usually just a few miles and things settle down.
(#4941)
Old

Default 06-15-2022, 11:42 AM

Quote:
No more than 5 min of driving, usually just a few miles and things settle down.
If I may trouble you for one more look.

This is a log w/ 5 gallons of E85.

I guess what I would like to find out is whether or if I should continue to put in E85 or if the timing pulls up top didn't improve.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21-M1-R1-220615-1239.csv (8.9 KB, 36 views)
(#4942)
Old

Default 06-15-2022, 12:23 PM

Timing is a bit better but remember these ECU's use adaptive tuning. That means it will take about a day or two of regular driving to "Adapt" to the better fuel and Octane before you see true results. Keep what you got and I assure you it will get even better.
(#4943)
Old

Default 06-15-2022, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Timing is a bit better but remember these ECU's use adaptive tuning. That means it will take about a day or two of regular driving to "Adapt" to the better fuel and Octane before you see true results. Keep what you got and I assure you it will get even better.
So, I feel like an idiot. So I did the installation (plugs, jb4, etc). The plugs and the OBDii wire run through the firewall kicked my ass. I'm not at all proud to say it took me all-in at least 6 hours (granted I would take breaks...lost a 10mm socket LITERALLY within the first 30 seconds. Cracking open the first coil pack...no bull****). But I digress.

Anyway, I take the car out for a couple of pulls and I am thinking to myself...this thing feels no different, and now it makes sense why the next day it DID feel different.

Thanks again for your time and input.
(#4944)
Old

Default E20 Log - 06-16-2022, 06:19 AM

Hey Terry,

There seems to be a fair amount of timing pulled on this run. Is that normal for the amount of ethanol content?

Thanks for any help!

B
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M3_R2_220616_0730.csv (34.2 KB, 31 views)
(#4945)
Old

Car: 2019 GTS
Default 06-22-2022, 09:37 AM

Can someone tell me what's going on when my LOZiC ECU decides to close the throttle mid pull?

Mods

LOZiC 1.5 ECU tune
JB4 w/ EWG wires
Fuel-IT ethanol sensor
Tork stage 1 TCU tune
HKS spark plugs
BMS intercooler
NGM intakes
JA intake scoops
JLT catch can
Johnny Tig merge pipe
Thermal catback exhaust
OBX Secondary *********
TB coolant bypass
Speedy lightweight WP pulley
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M0_R1_220618_0847.csv (8.5 KB, 19 views)
(#4946)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-22-2022, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djerickd
Can someone tell me what's going on when my LOZiC ECU decides to close the throttle mid pull?

Mods

LOZiC 1.5 ECU tune
JB4 w/ EWG wires
Fuel-IT ethanol sensor
Tork stage 1 TCU tune
HKS spark plugs
BMS intercooler
NGM intakes
JA intake scoops
JLT catch can
Johnny Tig merge pipe
Thermal catback exhaust
OBX Secondary *********
TB coolant bypass
Speedy lightweight WP pulley
Fuel pressure tanked. Log map6 with boost set to 0psi across the board, option 0 off, and option 5 off.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#4947)
Old

Car: 2019 GTS
Default 06-22-2022, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Fuel pressure tanked. Log map6 with boost set to 0psi across the board, option 0 off, and option 5 off.
Should I set it to flat fuel and Duty also? Any suggestions for boost saftey and FF/Watergate adaptation? Or any other settings I should check or change?

EDIT: hey Terry, i found a map 6 log from the other day, see attached.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M6_R3_220613_0003.csv (19.9 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by djerickd; 06-22-2022 at 08:16 PM..
(#4948)
Old

Default E30 Woes - 06-24-2022, 05:54 AM

Hey guys,

So I've discovered(i think) that just because you have e30 doesn't mean it can handle map 3 lol. It would seem low ethanol % e85 has trash octane and it is worse than running 93 w/ booster. I've been slowing adding e85 and it's been progressively worse and is pulling timing. Before I had a tank of shell 93 with boostane with about 100-105 octane. Does this log seem like evidence of that? When the car shifted to 4th it fell flat on its face lol.

Thanks,

B
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M3_R1_220624_0744.csv (36.3 KB, 22 views)
(#4949)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-24-2022, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djerickd
Should I set it to flat fuel and Duty also? Any suggestions for boost saftey and FF/Watergate adaptation? Or any other settings I should check or change?

EDIT: hey Terry, i found a map 6 log from the other day, see attached.
It's better with JB4 EWG active. Enable fuel control also so we can evaluate that.

Burger Motorsports

(#4950)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-24-2022, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmari1974
Hey guys,

So I've discovered(i think) that just because you have e30 doesn't mean it can handle map 3 lol. It would seem low ethanol % e85 has trash octane and it is worse than running 93 w/ booster. I've been slowing adding e85 and it's been progressively worse and is pulling timing. Before I had a tank of shell 93 with boostane with about 100-105 octane. Does this log seem like evidence of that? When the car shifted to 4th it fell flat on its face lol.

Thanks,

B
This looks like some sort of boost issue post shift, like the BOV sticking partially open or something.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports