JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1376)
Old

Car: Cx-50 Turbo
Default 2.5 Turbo efficiency - 06-20-2022, 10:37 AM

Installed the JB4 on my CX-50, everything works flawlessly.

I have a couple questions on this platforms turbo if anyone can give me more infor to tune my map6. On my Q50 TT, there was information available on the max PSI and also turbo efficiency at certain RPM/PSI. I couldn't find any of that info for the Mazda engine.

Currently my Ign1 is still at 5 at 5k RPM, so I think I'll have some room to increased boost at those rpm.

Thank you in advance.
(#1377)
Old

Car: Mazda CX-5 2.5t 2019
Default 06-20-2022, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You can just go to map2 out of the box for 93 octane.

For the BETA systems we're also going to ship with options bit7 on for Linear Gas Pedal input. The CX models more or less require it or they get boost oscillation at mid throttle positions. The Mazda3 models though can disable if they want to make the gas pedal feel "more aggressive".
Terry will the CX-5 still get boost oscillation if bit 7 is disabled?

Installed the corksport boost tube and noticed a little boost surging. Looked at my settings and linear pedal bit 7 was disabled.

Didn’t think the boost tube would really change that much, but wondering if I should do an ECU reset or if it will just adapt over the next few days?

Also for fueling I’ve been adding 2-3 gal of e85 to target approx e28 when I can. But have been topping off with PNW92 when I can’t get e85, so my fuel is going from e28 down to PNW92. Is that going to mess with my trims and should I just stick with PNW92 with no e85 if I can’t get e85 consistently?

Last edited by cx5-sleeper; 06-20-2022 at 12:27 PM..
(#1378)
Old

Car: Mazda 3 Turbo
Default 06-20-2022, 12:35 PM

Hi,
Today I noticed I hit 26.3 psi max boost briefly on map 2.
Is that safe with the stock setup? I also happen to be running 30% E85, only other mod I have installed is the borla axle back.
(#1379)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-20-2022, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH557
Hi,
Today I noticed I hit 26.3 psi max boost briefly on map 2.
Is that safe with the stock setup? I also happen to be running 30% E85, only other mod I have installed is the borla axle back.
Could be normal, just depends on the details/log and what the factory boost target was at that moment.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1380)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-20-2022, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cx5-sleeper
Terry will the CX-5 still get boost oscillation if bit 7 is disabled?

Installed the corksport boost tube and noticed a little boost surging. Looked at my settings and linear pedal bit 7 was disabled.

Didnít think the boost tube would really change that much, but wondering if I should do an ECU reset or if it will just adapt over the next few days?

Also for fueling Iíve been adding 2-3 gal of e85 to target approx e28 when I can. But have been topping off with PNW92 when I canít get e85, so my fuel is going from e28 down to PNW92. Is that going to mess with my trims and should I just stick with PNW92 with no e85 if I canít get e85 consistently?
Since we've added MAF control revisions in v4 the pedal mapping has not been needed to smooth them out at part throttle. But you can always email me a log if you're having an issue and I'll review.

The tuning is very sensitive to MAF flow and intake design we've found.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1381)
Old

Car: Mazda CX-5 2.5t 2019
Default 06-20-2022, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Since we've added MAF control revisions in v4 the pedal mapping has not been needed to smooth them out at part throttle. But you can always email me a log if you're having an issue and I'll review.

The tuning is very sensitive to MAF flow and intake design we've found.
Cool, thx. Did a road trip this weekend with map 2 and bit 7 disabled and it performed great.
(#1382)
Old

Car: 2020 Mazda 6 Signature
Default 06-21-2022, 11:31 AM

Hi, is the v5 firmware suitable for mazda 6? I updated to v5, i dont think maf temp works on ign6 channel since it shows 10.9, for IAT_temp it shows higher temps than trans temp with about 35F difference, (IAT_Temp was 150F while Trans temp was 115F). Shouldn't post intercooler temp be lower than pre intercooler? Btw ambient temp is 108F, at night.
(#1383)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda CX-5 Turbo Carbon Edition
Default 06-21-2022, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turki
Hi, is the v5 firmware suitable for mazda 6? I updated to v5, i dont think maf temp works on ign6 channel since it shows 10.9, for IAT_temp it shows higher temps than trans temp with about 35F difference, (IAT_Temp was 150F while Trans temp was 115F). Shouldn't post intercooler temp be lower than pre intercooler? Btw ambient temp is 108F, at night.
There is no pre intercooler temp for the Mazda 6. Remember how the jb4 is different for the 6 than the 3. So ign 6 is MAF but needs to be multiplied by 10. It is scaled that way because it expects a timing value. The trans temp is post intercooler and the iat is the manifold. Follow your map connections
(#1384)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-21-2022, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turki
The values on the 6 may be different, post up a log and lets check it out.

Burger Motorsports

(#1385)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-21-2022, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cx5-sleeper
Cool, thx. Did a road trip this weekend with map 2 and bit 7 disabled and it performed great.

Burger Motorsports

(#1386)
Old

Car: 2020 Mazda 6 Signature
Default 06-22-2022, 01:05 PM

Quote:
The values on the 6 may be different, post up a log and lets check it out.
Sorry for the late response, logs sent to ur Email.
(#1387)
Old

Car: Cx-30T
Default JB4 P3 MAZDA 5.hex - 06-23-2022, 03:09 PM

Works great!
Attached Images

(#1388)
Old

Default Water methanol Injection - 06-24-2022, 08:23 AM

Enjoying the minor benefits of water methanol injection being controlled by the JB4 on my 2021 Mazda CX-5 Turbo

-Lower intake manifold temperatures
-Constant fuel trims
-Lower ign 2 values

The IAT is the intake manifold and the Transmission Temp is the post intercooler temperature.
Attached Images

(#1389)
Old

Car: Mazda 3 TURBO AWD
Default 06-25-2022, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymwalk
Enjoying the minor benefits of water methanol injection being controlled by the JB4 on my 2021 Mazda CX-5 Turbo

-Lower intake manifold temperatures
-Constant fuel trims
-Lower ign 2 values

The IAT is the intake manifold and the Transmission Temp is the post intercooler temperature.
Seems like you should be working for BMS, did you piece tidget a kit and where are you running the reservoir?
(#1390)
Old

Default 06-25-2022, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9520G
Seems like you should be working for BMS, did you piece tidget a kit and where are you running the reservoir?
You can check out the build here. WMI - JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1391)
Old

Car: 21 Mazda 3 turbo awd
Default 06-30-2022, 05:11 PM

So the new firmware (v5) is only for testing?
(#1392)
Old

Car: BMV
Default 07-01-2022, 02:33 AM

Your website is really cool and perfect. I am researching and always following your articles. Thank you for sharing this article.
(#1393)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-04-2022, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow3
So the new firmware (v5) is only for testing?
There are no tuning changes in it, only logging changes. Anyone is welcome to try it. We're hoping TEMP_IAT (intake temperature) is correctly mapped to charge air temperature post intercooler now with the change.

Burger Motorsports

(#1394)
Old

Car: Mazda cx-30 turbo
Default CEL with Mazda CX-30 - 07-07-2022, 07:36 AM

Hi guys I ve just recently installed the jb4 on my cx-30 but I'm getting a cel
I'm updated to firmware 4 through the PC software.
I've installed correctly and if I switch everything back to stock cel goes away obviously.
I am running a BMS stage 2 CAI, a borla axleback and resonator delete if any of that info helps at all.
I am getting a code while engine on
061BC6 no description found.
I've double checked and triple checked all connections and everything is solid
(#1395)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-07-2022, 08:32 AM

Sounds like a MAF fault code so place the MAF connection to factory and clear codes to confirm. Then email me install photos and we can start technical support. terry@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#1396)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-07-2022, 09:45 AM

Removed BETA designation from the Mazda JB4 tuners as the v4 mapping has been really solid.

Burger Motorsports

(#1397)
Old

Car: Mazda 3 TURBO AWD
Default 07-07-2022, 10:54 AM

Hey Terry, just to give it you a heads up a few people on the Mazda 3 turbo Facebook page have been complaining that they have had no updates on there intake orders.
(#1398)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-07-2022, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9520G
Hey Terry, just to give it you a heads up a few people on the Mazda 3 turbo Facebook page have been complaining that they have had no updates on there intake orders.
Yeah there have been some delays in getting hard parts out due to labor shortages. I know that team is working as fast as they can to get caught up on production.

There are around 80 pending intake orders, and we have a batch of 250 due in a couple of weeks. So we'll find caught up soon enough!

Burger Motorsports

(#1399)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-07-2022, 09:16 PM

Now that its out of BETA for all you happy Mazda JB4 customers out there we could use a few reviews on our site. Add a review is at the bottom.

https://burgertuning.com/products/jb4-tuner-for-mazda

Burger Motorsports

(#1400)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda3 Turbo AWD
Default 07-07-2022, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Now that its out of BETA for all you happy Mazda JB4 customers out there we could use a few reviews on our site. Add a review is at the bottom.

https://burgertuning.com/products/jb4-tuner-for-mazda
Done. And with that, do you have anything else in the dev pipe for the our Mazda's? I know you wont give any details... Maybe blink twice if yes?