JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#5101)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-01-2020, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fd3toe46
Hello...new log on on beta 8. I could not find setting for "boost by gear" so i'm running my current map 6 with tapered boost up to +6. The Valet (Map8) seems to work flawlessly. I'm on 91 octane w/cbe and drop in filter.
It's called "max boost 1st" in the interface, depending on the version.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5102)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 03-02-2020, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietnameeh
Stock intake
I think I have read about this several on the Facebook groups, there might be a couple of threads here too. Pops up randomly, but I know it happens on third party intakes. I actually had this my self but only once at WOT... sent the car to limp mode but clearing it out put me back to normal. Update the fw and let us know if it comes back.

-.-.-.-.-
2020 Q50 RS AWD
AEM 50-1200 LPFP
AMS/Infiniti CAI housing
BMS EWG wires
BMS intake inlets
BMS JB4 w/Bt
BMS fuel wires
BMS WMI kit
Custom 2.5in catback exhaust w/res
CZP LDP w/heat wrap
DevilsOwn 2.25gal WMI tank
Infiniti Sports Mufflers
Inline dual OEM/dual pass hx
Stillen RSB
Swift lowering springs
Z1 Motorsports 2 piece rotors front/rear
Z1 Motorsports subframe collars
(#5103)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport AWD
Default 03-02-2020, 09:44 AM

Running the new beta 8, the logs I ran in Map 6 and in Eco look great (you said you didn't need anymore logs, but just wanted to mention that), and I had a few comments.

1. Switching the maps with the drive modes is great. How will that work in the stable version? i.e. will we be able to set the maps we want with Sport and Sport+ vs. Standard vs. Eco vs. Snow? I only say this because it would be nice to have a low map as your base, lets say a Map 1 for Standard and Snow, and the Map 6 for Sport and Sport plus, while retaining the Valet for cruising in Eco, but if I wanted to switch my base map to Map 8 for valet (I am letting my car get valeted or my nephew drive it for example), I would not want the drive mode switch to put it back into Map 6. Maybe set some type of overrides based on the base map selected?

2.Can we get a lower 2.5 or 3psi map for RedSports as an option (see above comment)? I am not necessarily a fan of the 4 psi map once you are high in the RPM range near redline, due to turbo spooling and the potential issues with the Optical sensor registering an overspeed. (my Map 6, while it goes up to 4.5 between 4000-5000, it tapers down faster closer to redline). If not maybe can you set one of the flat fixed maps to taper off sooner (mapped them so I can see there is a slight taper up and down)?

3. Keep up the good work!
(#5104)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-02-2020, 01:33 PM

On the mode based switching we have to evaluate it still. For example on our car we've got snow, eco, comfort, and sport. I think the most practical thing to do is to setup a field within the app where you can define what map to run in sport. Snow may have other driving side effects so probably not practical for this but we could also map that out.

Which models have sport+? Just RS?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5105)
Old

Default 03-02-2020, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
On the mode based switching we have to evaluate it still. For example on our car we've got snow, eco, comfort, and sport. I think the most practical thing to do is to setup a field within the app where you can define what map to run in sport. Snow may have other driving side effects so probably not practical for this but we could also map that out.

Which models have sport+? Just RS?
I know my RedSport has the Sport+, and maybe the Regular Silver Sport might also? I totally blanked on the Personal, which a lot of people use.

Setting up for each mode would be ideal, but you still would lose the usefulness of putting it into a global "Valet" mode (that would override all other maps and modes), if they can just switch it back to a Map 6, let's say, using the Mode selector. Just food for thought.
(#5106)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-02-2020, 02:35 PM

I put the "drive mode" under ign cyl6 in the JB4 app, let me know what your value is on the RS for sport+ and sport.

Burger Motorsports

(#5107)
Old

Default 03-02-2020, 04:23 PM

Quote:
I put the "drive mode" under ign cyl6 in the JB4 app, let me know what your value is on the RS for sport+ and sport.
Standard is 0.0
Sport and sport+ are 3.2
Eco is 1.6
Snow is 4.8
I adjusted all the engine parameters in personal and they all match these numbers above ( standard 0, sport 3.2, eco 1.6, and snow 4.8) so it looks like it is seeing the engine setting not necessarily the drive mode. I hope this helps.
(#5108)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-02-2020, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonianToro
Standard is 0.0
Sport and sport+ are 3.2
Eco is 1.6
Snow is 4.8
I adjusted all the engine parameters in personal and they all match these numbers above ( standard 0, sport 3.2, eco 1.6, and snow 4.8) so it looks like it is seeing the engine setting not necessarily the drive mode. I hope this helps.
Interesting that sport and sport+ are the same... Since we're using that number to identify them that prevents us from making sport+ a separate map.

Does anyone know what snow mode actually does if selected? I couldn't tell lol.

Burger Motorsports

(#5109)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 03-02-2020, 07:01 PM

Any updates when the EWG will be in stuck/off back order?
(#5110)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-02-2020, 09:47 PM

We're working on a small batch and will update the EWG thread when we have them.

Burger Motorsports

(#5111)
Old

Car: 2019 Infiniti Q60 RS 400
Default 03-03-2020, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Does anyone know what snow mode actually does if selected? I couldn't tell lol.
According to the press kit:

"In Snow mode, the engine automatically lowers its output for wet or icy conditions. The transmission adjusts, so to use a higher gear and lower torque and power output. This helps prevent wheel spin on slippery roads. In Eco mode, the steering force is lighter, while the engine automatically lowers output for economy driving. Throttle response is adjusted and the transmission not as immediate as in other modes. Transmission shift points have been changed for maximum economy."

Doesn't really say much, does it?

G
(#5112)
Old

Default 03-03-2020, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Interesting that sport and sport+ are the same... Since we're using that number to identify them that prevents us from making sport+ a separate map.
Understood.
It makes me think there is some other number that the switch actually transmits/inputs to control other things such as steering(the steering input increases from Standard to Sport and then again to Sport+), and suspension, and the rear braking, in addition to the engine and transmission feel. This number you found and are tracking appears to be the engine transmission setting (as verified by going and staying in personal mode), and not changing the mode, but actually changing the engine settings in that mode and verifying the numbers I gave you above.

Honestly I am cool with Sport and Sport+ being the same. Having the option to set maps for the different modes (S and S+, Standard, Eco, and Snow) would still be very awesome.

Thanks again! I know I asked for this as a feature like over 2 years ago! LOL

(#5113)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 03-03-2020, 10:37 AM

Quote:
What is the issue exactly? And does it come up on a lower map like map1 or map2?
had codes P0235, P3702, P4100, and P0000. Cleared them and then the car started running odd. Disconnect JB4 completely and reinstalled it later. everything ran fine up until i started getting an error message "Setting Alert Possible user adjustment settings corruption. would you like to upload your last saved settings?"

now user adjustment is blank and i cant find where to enable Fuel Wires.
(#5114)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-03-2020, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Q50
had codes P0235, P3702, P4100, and P0000. Cleared them and then the car started running odd. Disconnect JB4 completely and reinstalled it later. everything ran fine up until i started getting an error message "Setting Alert Possible user adjustment settings corruption. would you like to upload your last saved settings?"

now user adjustment is blank and i cant find where to enable Fuel Wires.
For app support email support@jb4connectkit.com

Burger Motorsports

(#5115)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-03-2020, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryM
According to the press kit:

"In Snow mode, the engine automatically lowers its output for wet or icy conditions. The transmission adjusts, so to use a higher gear and lower torque and power output. This helps prevent wheel spin on slippery roads. In Eco mode, the steering force is lighter, while the engine automatically lowers output for economy driving. Throttle response is adjusted and the transmission not as immediate as in other modes. Transmission shift points have been changed for maximum economy."

Doesn't really say much, does it?

G
OK let's see some datalogs in SNOW mode to confirm how it works. Most likely, it's not going to be a good option to run a map under. So likely we're looking at ECO forced to VALET, comfort for your selected map, and sport/sport+ for a "hot" map setup in the app.

Burger Motorsports

(#5116)
Old

Default 03-04-2020, 04:23 AM

Quote:
OK let's see some datalogs in SNOW mode to confirm how it works. Most likely, it's not going to be a good option to run a map under. So likely we're looking at ECO forced to VALET, comfort for your selected map, and sport/sport+ for a "hot" map setup in the app.
Do you want logs in Map 0, or some with the JB4 doing its thing?

I'll see if I can rip some off for you later today.

I'm sure that everybody will have an opinion, but it would seem perfect to me if ECO = Valet, Normal = Map 0, Sport = Map 2, and Sport+ = Map 6 or something like that. But I realize that a scheme like that wont work because the Red Sports and non-Reds need completely different boost maps... Not sure how you're going to crack this one, Bro'

Cheers!

Gary

Last edited by GaryM; 03-04-2020 at 06:02 AM..
(#5117)
Old

Default Snow Mode logs - 03-04-2020, 05:58 AM

I ripped off a few quick ones in "snow" mode for you on the way to work (Map 0).

There should be a normal acceleration from stop, a "hard" (for snow mode, anyway) acceleration from stop, a couple of 3rd gear pulls, and (I think) a third rolling pull with gear changes.

If these aren't what you want, please let me know and I'll try to capture what you're after later today.

Cheers!

Gary
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-03-04 07_10_37_Map-0.csv (16.1 KB, 162 views)
File Type: csv 2020-03-04 07_11_18_Map-0.csv (7.9 KB, 173 views)
File Type: csv 2020-03-04 07_12_07_Map-0.csv (10.9 KB, 157 views)
File Type: csv 2020-03-04 07_12_49_Map-0.csv (8.0 KB, 148 views)
File Type: csv 2020-03-04 07_15_58_Map-0.csv (7.3 KB, 159 views)

Last edited by GaryM; 03-04-2020 at 06:11 AM..
(#5118)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 03-04-2020, 12:06 PM

I didn't realiz there was a separate thread for the EWG updates, let me go find that now

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#5119)
Old

Car: q50
Default 03-04-2020, 12:22 PM

I dont see it in this subsection, where is it? I assumed there wasn't 1 yet since its not ready for prime time.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
C@less D 0wn P 1pipes, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
Z1 billet subframe bushing collars
(#5120)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 03-04-2020, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
I dont see it in this subsection, where is it? I assumed there wasn't 1 yet since its not ready for prime time.
Stinger 3.3L EWG Connectors - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

We are cousins with Kia for this one.

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#5121)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-04-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryM
I ripped off a few quick ones in "snow" mode for you on the way to work (Map 0).

There should be a normal acceleration from stop, a "hard" (for snow mode, anyway) acceleration from stop, a couple of 3rd gear pulls, and (I think) a third rolling pull with gear changes.

If these aren't what you want, please let me know and I'll try to capture what you're after later today.

Cheers!

Gary
Perfect, thanks!

Burger Motorsports

(#5122)
Old

Car: q50
Default 03-04-2020, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serstylz2
Would have been nice to know lol.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
C@less D 0wn P 1pipes, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
Z1 billet subframe bushing collars
(#5123)
Old

Default 03-04-2020, 03:29 PM

I'm running firmware 8 and I'm noticing in my logs, and the logs that GaryM just posted, that the fuel enrichment stays at 0, even when afrs dip below 12.5. It looks like the fuel wires are on (FUD=1, I think) but nothing is registering in the logs. I looked back at some of the earlier firmware 8 logs posted here and it looks like the fuel wires are working fine, only difference on those is FUD shows "0_ON" instead of "1". Did anything change with how you turn on the fuel wires in v8? I'm on iOS if that matters.

2020 M340xi - JB4 w/EWG, Dinan CAI
(#5124)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-04-2020, 06:41 PM

Attach the log lets see why!

Burger Motorsports

(#5125)
Old

Default 03-05-2020, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Attach the log lets see why!
Here's one using v8 (Map 3, Sport Plus). Looks like the fuel enrichment does kick in when afr's are under 12. I thought it was set to kick in at 12.5 in v7, did it change for v8? Everything look ok in the log?

2020-03-05 08_19_35_Map-3.csv

2020 M340xi - JB4 w/EWG, Dinan CAI