JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1476)
Old

Car: 2015 M235i
Default 01-09-2015, 01:12 PM

Terry, where will the firmware specifically for the EWG board JB4's be posted & updated to?
(#1477)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-09-2015, 01:15 PM

The normal JB4 F SERIES sticky.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1478)
Old

Car: BMW M135i F20
Default 01-11-2015, 07:49 PM

Any advise on E85 in an EWG N55?

I was thinking maybe try 20% mix. What are the issues to look out for?
(#1479)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-11-2015, 08:16 PM

Smaller mixtures are OK. Higher mixtures can misfire.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1480)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 01-12-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Smaller mixtures are OK. Higher mixtures can misfire.
Terry, I`m going to get my Fuel-it n55 stg2 LPFP installed this week. My car is FBO + Meth (M135i EWG). Do I have to change any configs over there, like PID or something? Planning to run 40% of etanol mixed with 95oct gas.

2014 Estoril Blue Bmw M135i - 8 AT - N55 EWG - Mods:Jb4 - EWG harness - FF wires, ER Charge Pipe, AfePower Momentum PRO 5R Intake System, H2Racing 3.5" CTless Down Pipe, H2Racing 3" full SS Exhaust w/o mufflers, Wagner FMIC, BMS meth kit 100%, H&R springs, RSV Forged 19" wheels. Now with PURE STG2 and PI
(#1481)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-12-2015, 10:45 AM

No tuning changes are needed. Since it's a high pressure issue it may make no difference, though. I guess worth testing.

Burger Motorsports

(#1482)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 01-12-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
No tuning changes are needed. Since it's a high pressure issue it may make no difference, though. I guess worth testing.
Ok, Tks Terry

2014 Estoril Blue Bmw M135i - 8 AT - N55 EWG - Mods:Jb4 - EWG harness - FF wires, ER Charge Pipe, AfePower Momentum PRO 5R Intake System, H2Racing 3.5" CTless Down Pipe, H2Racing 3" full SS Exhaust w/o mufflers, Wagner FMIC, BMS meth kit 100%, H&R springs, RSV Forged 19" wheels. Now with PURE STG2 and PI
(#1483)
Old

Car: 2015 M235i
Default 01-13-2015, 10:17 AM

BrazilM135,

Why do you want more E if you have the Meth kit already? Won't give any additional gains, right? Just curious on what you're trying to do ...
(#1484)
Old

Car: 2012 F30 335i
Default 01-13-2015, 03:52 PM

What map is the best for 91 octane?
1 or 5 ?
Map 0: JB4 disabled
Map 1: Peak boost 12.5psi, suggest for most racing applications.
Map 2: Peak boost 14.0psi, suggested for those using exhaust mods and 93 RM2 octane or higher fuels
Map 3: Progressive methanol mapping
Map 4: Stock performance, JB4 on
Map 5: Autotuning, enabled in 8.8 and later firmware

2014 M135i JB4, Vargas turbo, DP, Dixcel Disc&pads, chargepipe, K&N drop in, Quaife LSD
2013 GTR R35 850hp
2013 E63 AMG 770hp
(#1485)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 01-13-2015, 04:14 PM

That's not how it works, map selection depends on exhaust mods and fuel octane, not only fuel octane.

Last edited by eboosted; 01-13-2015 at 04:38 PM..
(#1486)
Old

Car: 435i
Default 01-13-2015, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darmawaa
What map is the best for 91 octane?
1 or 5 ?
Map 1.
(#1487)
Old

Car: '14 335i EBII MSport
Default 01-19-2015, 03:00 PM

I'm still running the older firmware without the volume control selectability. I'm currently running map 5 on my car. If i upgrade firmware and choose to use the volume control selectability, will map 5 settings reset each time i switch back and forth between different maps?
(#1488)
Old

Default 01-19-2015, 03:27 PM

I think everytime you switch to another map, the addaptation values are reseted.

Waiting for someone at BMS could confirm this
(#1489)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Default 01-19-2015, 06:25 PM

Yes entering map 5 resets Avg Ign calculation to a safe value.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#1490)
Old

Default 01-19-2015, 06:45 PM

Great, thanks Russel for the update:

How can I see what maps had been addapted and where in the RPM range the addaptation ocurred?

EG 1:
Between 3000-3500 @ WOT ignition timing value was increased from an original value of 6 BTDC to 9 BTDC

EG 2:
Between 6000-6500rpms @ WOT injeccion period increased 15% from an original value of 15ms
(#1491)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Default 01-20-2015, 02:08 PM

Other than the adaption values in the JB4 interface, such as FF and IAVG, that data isn't available.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#1492)
Old

Car: '14 335i EBII MSport
Default 01-22-2015, 04:38 PM

What is boost limit at in map 2 versus the capability of map 5? I believe map 5 is a max of 17.5 correct?
(#1493)
Old

Default 01-22-2015, 05:05 PM

As far as I understand MAP 5 has also 14.5psi as map 2, but timing and fueling maps have adaptation and learning capabilities in order to dial in a perfect tune.

Map 5 could be run with only ******** + FF harness + EWG harness + 93 OCT with no issues, as long as your logs look good and safe
(#1494)
Old

Car: BMW F20 m135i
Default 01-23-2015, 12:46 AM

Map 5 with HFC DP and no FF or EWG extra harnesses works fine as well...

F20 M135i EB AT with options - what a hoot !
(#1495)
Old

Default 01-24-2015, 03:30 PM

Yeah, I does work but you need to take close look at your logs even more if you run EWG harness.

The AFR seems to be too lean on higher RPMs/gears, FF cables fix this issue and put the car back in a safe AFR
(#1496)
Old

Car: BMW 435I M-Sport
Default Tuner Questions - 01-25-2015, 07:35 AM

Hello everyone, long time reader first time poster here. I currently have a 435I M-Sport running the JB4 with EWG plug and FF plug options. I have custom DP and exhaust and custom cold air intake as well. Ran map 1 for 5 months, now running map 2, smooth as silk, no issues at all. I have just a few questions before i go to the next level of fun:

1) What is the best way to make small adjustments on fueling in the JB4 software? I did read something about you're now able to get the AFRs down in the 12's @ 17-18psi with stock fuel pump. How exactly? What user settings are you changing and what exactly needs to be done to achieve this.? Can i safely make incremental changes to duty cycle on injectors and the AFR trims? Do i need to be in map6 for these adjustments to be available or can i make the changes on any map setting and fine tune it to my liking?

2) Just to clarify; If using the Map 5 (auto tune feature) This program is set up to basically give you max performance by raising boost and fueling requirements based on the type/octane fuel you run and output data the car feeds back to the software? Nothing further would need to done to gain power increase? just set to MAP(5) and run 93 or higher (race gas, E85 mix 20% etc) ? Can I make changes to the parameters currently set that the software looks at in the feedback loop to customize my own AFR set points

3) Lastly, in your experience, whats the the stock inter-cooler and fuel pump rated for? in other words the max power the stock system can safely generate without heat-soaking motor, running high intake temps, and not gassing out leaning the AFRs to low?

Thank you in advance for any light you can shed on my questions.
(#1497)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2015, 08:40 PM

Hey gang,

If anyone has any interest in testing out our F chassis CAN Flap feature drop me a note. Right now I have the firmware ready to test for the EWG vehicles. But will be working on the pneumatic firmware as well tomorrow.

Burger Motorsports

(#1498)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2015, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 435I_N55_F30
[FONT="Garamond"]
1) What is the best way to make small adjustments on fueling in the JB4 software? I did read something about you're now able to get the AFRs down in the 12's @ 17-18psi with stock fuel pump. How exactly? What user settings are you changing and what exactly needs to be done to achieve this.? Can i safely make incremental changes to duty cycle on injectors and the AFR trims? Do i need to be in map6 for these adjustments to be available or can i make the changes on any map setting and fine tune it to my liking?

2) Just to clarify; If using the Map 5 (auto tune feature) This program is set up to basically give you max performance by raising boost and fueling requirements based on the type/octane fuel you run and output data the car feeds back to the software? Nothing further would need to done to gain power increase? just set to MAP(5) and run 93 or higher (race gas, E85 mix 20% etc) ? Can I make changes to the parameters currently set that the software looks at in the feedback loop to customize my own AFR set points

3) Lastly, in your experience, whats the the stock inter-cooler and fuel pump rated for? in other words the max power the stock system can safely generate without heat-soaking motor, running high intake temps, and not gassing out leaning the AFRs to low?
1) There is very limited user adjustability on the F30 JB4. You can't adjust the demanded AFR ratios in the interface. They are preset in the maps.

2) Map 5 will attempt to safely maximize boost & timing based on the fuel, mods, and conditions at that moment. If you refer to the how to read JB4 logs thread in the support section you might find some additional details there on the process.

3) The stock IC can keep up with the stock turbo. Upgrading it won't hurt but the benefits are not huge as they are with the larger-turboed N54 platform. The stock fuel system can max out the turbo on E40.

Burger Motorsports

(#1499)
Old

Car: BMW 435I M-Sport
Default 01-26-2015, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Hey gang,

If anyone has any interest in testing out our F chassis CAN Flap feature drop me a note. Right now I have the firmware ready to test for the EWG vehicles. But will be working on the pneumatic firmware as well tomorrow.

I'm game, send it over and I'll test this weekend

2015 435i M-Sport package, 19" wheels, H&K sound, H&R lowering kit stage2, Cold air intake, Down-pipe, no cats, custom exhaust, JB4 EWG.
(#1500)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-26-2015, 09:22 PM

Just email me so I know where I'm sending it.

Burger Motorsports