Car: G30 M550xi
Default 03-11-2020, 06:48 PM

Some Photos
Attached Images

(#177)
Old

Car: M850i
Default 04-21-2020, 12:28 PM

Finally got around to ordering a JB4. Overall, I think the passenger side TMAP sensor can be installed without taking anything apart. I can get my hand in there easily. The driver side is going to be more of a challenge. More to come and will get some pictures.
-Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2IRATNL
Thanks Terry,
I'll post some pics tonight/tomorrow. It looks like it may be easier to get to the TMAP sensor.

D
(#178)
Old

Default m850i install question - 04-23-2020, 07:22 AM

Hi Terry and all,
So I've found the way to get the engine bay sensors installed on my m850i (although I have not completed it yet) The passenger side tmap is fairly easy without removing anything. The driver side requires loosening the air hose clamp from the airbox, removing the cross brace and the top of the air box. All pretty straightforward. From there it's a matter of cable management. I'll get you some pictures.

But... I'm sure I'm missing something, but I cannot find a place to get the cable through the firewall to the obd2 port. There is a felt hole on the driverside that is accessible from the engine bay, but it seems like the firewall is not open behind it and I can't get my hand that far up behind the instrument cluster anyway.

Any advice from those that have installed on the 850?

Thanks,
Don
(#179)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-23-2020, 01:15 PM

I haven't installed on the 850 personally but when you remove the felt cap or poke through there is a rubber can you can push in with a screwdriver. Or you could just route it along the door jamb for a quick install for now.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#180)
Old

Default 04-23-2020, 02:08 PM

Perfect, just took a bit more pressure and I got through. I'll get the remainder of the install completed shortly. One last question, initially I should just plug the EWQ 5 wire plugs into each other for each of the loops, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I haven't installed on the 850 personally but when you remove the felt cap or poke through there is a rubber can you can push in with a screwdriver. Or you could just route it along the door jamb for a quick install for now.
(#181)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 04-23-2020, 07:34 PM

The 2020+ N63B 750 and M550 are the same as the M850. Much easier access, no need to tear everything apart. They finally moved the airboxes off the top of the motor, so the ductwork that had to be removed no longer exists.

Mike Levy
2021 Tanzanite Blue II M550i - Due at dealer 10/9
2018 Silver Equinox LT 2.0T
(#182)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-23-2020, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2IRATNL
Perfect, just took a bit more pressure and I got through. I'll get the remainder of the install completed shortly. One last question, initially I should just plug the EWQ 5 wire plugs into each other for each of the loops, right?
It's up to you but usually we suggest leaving those uninstalled to start to confirm everything is running well. Then when bored can try connecting them.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#183)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-26-2020, 08:49 AM

Hey guys, working on a few tuning changes to the G_N63R firmware today to catch it up with recent improvements we've made with the F90. If anyone is feeling adventurous enough to do some logs in the near future drop me an email terry@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#184)
Old

Car: BMW X5
Default JB4 OBDII Connector Routing on G05 - 05-20-2020, 05:52 PM

Can anybody provide pics or more detail on the location of the firewall penetration for the OBDII pigtail routing for a G05 N63R? I have been unable to find a felt-covered or rubber-plugged hole suitable for running the 4-pin molex connector for the OBDII through when looking from the brake booster side/compartment or from under the dash with the lower trim panel removed.
(#185)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2017 X3 xDrive35i
Default 06-28-2020, 11:50 AM

Has anybody done any dyno testing on the TU3 yet? Wondering if it could reach 600 on just a JB4, or if the turbos are too small.

Mike Levy
2021 Tanzanite Blue II M550i - Due at dealer 10/9
2018 Silver Equinox LT 2.0T
(#186)
Old

Car: F80 M3
Default 07-28-2020, 11:17 AM

hey Terry,

ive had my jb4 on my 2019 M550i now for approx 20k miles and i just recently got a check engine light this weekend.

i checked codes and nothing is coming up. any recommendations to clear this?
(#187)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-28-2020, 04:27 PM

To clear codes you need to be in diagnostic mode, 3 button press quickly. But there should be codes when you read codes.

Burger Motorsports

(#188)
Old

Car: F80 M3
Default 07-28-2020, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
To clear codes you need to be in diagnostic mode, 3 button press quickly. But there should be codes when you read codes.
3 quick presses of the ignition button while the car is off?

how do you exit diagnostic mode?
(#189)
Old

Car: e90 n54
Default 07-29-2020, 08:43 AM

Installing today! JB4 with EWG and bluetooth integration for JB4 mobile.

G07 with N63R
(#190)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-29-2020, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicwedgy
Installing today! JB4 with EWG and bluetooth integration for JB4 mobile.

G07 with N63R

Burger Motorsports

(#191)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-29-2020, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsela_f80
3 quick presses of the ignition button while the car is off?

how do you exit diagnostic mode?
Start vehicle by pressing brake and hitting start.

Burger Motorsports

(#192)
Old

Car: 2020 X7 M50i
Default 07-29-2020, 10:03 AM

I will be watching closely anticipating your results. Is it an M50? I am super new to this, I’m waiting for an appointment to have mine installed. Any feedback and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much and good luck!!
(#193)
Old

Car: 2021 550i
Default 2021 550i - 08-23-2020, 01:26 PM

Hi Guys,

I am about to order the new 2021 Bmw 550i. Can you guys help to get the exact JB system i need for my car.

Also, based on the Maps everyone just uses 1-3?
(#194)
Old

Default X50i stock 2021 - 09-06-2020, 11:35 AM

Hi guys,

What maps would be the safest for a stock bmw x50i model the 530hp and 530 torque… Ive read map 1 or 4 some say dont use map 2 or 3 if you dont have downpip. Any tips for a stock vehicle which maps to use?
(#195)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-08-2020, 02:40 PM

What fuel?

Burger Motorsports

(#196)
Old

Default 09-08-2020, 05:30 PM

I always load up premium or 93 octane.
(#197)
Old

Car: 2016 Audi S6
Default 09-21-2020, 08:09 AM

Here are some engine pics of my Aus delivered 2020 M550i, Iím assuming the yellow circled are the TMAP sensors?

Can I run JB4 without EWG connected and still use maps 1-5?

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.
Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Pics wonít link

2020 M550ix
Sold 2016 Audi S6
Sydney Aus

Last edited by chrislakt; 09-21-2020 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: Pics wonít link
(#198)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-21-2020, 08:58 AM

For the N63R use map 1 or map 2 with our without EWG connected, we'll look at higher maps later.

Burger Motorsports

(#199)
Old

Car: e90 n54
Default 09-24-2020, 10:45 AM

What map is anyone running with E85? what mixture?

I am on map 2 with 6 gallons of 85, and CALI 91.
(#200)
Old

Car: 2016 Audi S6
Default 09-28-2020, 12:16 AM

Probably should of asked before ordering, Is the Bluetooth off my Audi S6 JB4 compatible with this one?

How's this for a complaint, I received my JB4 to quickly lol :-), 4 days from LA to Sydney, now I have to wait to install it as I have only travelled 300miles.

2020 M550ix
Sold 2016 Audi S6
Sydney Aus