N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#176)
Old

Car: B9 S4
Default 10-11-2018, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexinator
Can you be any more specific? I used a screwdriver to compress the front of the clip, but I couldn’t get it to budge.
I used my finger to compress the front and the screw driver at the base to pop it off. Hopefully that is the key.
(#177)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-11-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexinator
Did you get the fuel pressure plug off? Any tips? I could not get it off after 30 minutes. Otherwise easy install, updates firmware ready to rock!
It's sort of a PITA as it's hard to get down there, I used a screwdriver on the bottom of the clip to lift it off the tab so you can pull it up. Experiment with the TMAP connectors plugging in to each other so you can see how the clip works at the bottom.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#178)
Old

Car: Porsche 996 Turbo - ~550whp
Default 10-12-2018, 05:37 AM

I got it. Just took a bit more torque than expected.
(#179)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 10-12-2018, 05:37 AM

This diagram will help. The small flap needs to be lifted slightly for it to unclip.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
(#180)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-12-2018, 09:06 AM

Small flat head or an L shaped hose pick to get under the flap after you undo the grey tab.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#181)
Old

Default 10-15-2018, 10:47 AM

Some of the SQ5 users are having difficulty finding the grommet to exit to the engine bay. Would appreciate it if guys that have fitted can post a picture or two or email me at George@burgertuning.com . Seems to be a variance in the firewall compared to S4/5.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#182)
Old

Car: Audi SQ5
Default 10-16-2018, 06:38 AM

Hi George,

I sent you an email with a bunch of pictures attached.

For those connectors, once you pull the lock up (that grey part), you can then squeeze the lock back onto the body which releases those two little tabs inside.

Fuel pressure one is a different style of connector than the rest. You pull the lock clip up, and then there is a little black "button" that is released. Same sort of deal, squeeze and pull. Like George mentioned, you may need to stick a screwdriver between the base of the sensor and the connector, turn it slightly, and it will release. If it's not letting go, then that little black button isn't pressed so it's locked into place.
(#183)
Old

Default 10-16-2018, 06:42 AM

Here are the grommet locations from the outside as well as inside.
Attached Images

(#184)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-16-2018, 07:49 AM

Not too different from the S4! That's the same thing we do for the meth kit and OBD2 install. We just cut that nipple with a box cutter and bam, it was done.

Thanks a lot for the pics man!

Burger Motorsports

(#185)
Old

Default 10-16-2018, 04:23 PM

One thing to note is if you pull that weather stripping forward, it releases the lip of that plastic cover. You can then release the clips on the brake booster lines, and pass the JB4 wiring through the foam (like the pic I posted above) for a really clean install.
(#186)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-16-2018, 09:11 PM

Working on our S4 WMI kit. Our 2 gallon integrated pump/tank fit nicely in the trunk where the spare tire goes.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#187)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-17-2018, 09:56 AM

Methanol and +6 psi over stock...

I think with an ethanol blend, I might turn it up to +8psi tonight!

Burger Motorsports

(#188)
Old

Car: 2018 Audi S4
Default 10-17-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Methanol and +6 psi over stock...

I think with an ethanol blend, I might turn it up to +8psi tonight!
Does it support E85? I have a station down the street!
(#189)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-17-2018, 02:32 PM

Yes we've been testing up to E30 with the JB4's fuel control active.

Burger Motorsports

(#190)
Old

Car: Golf R
Default 10-17-2018, 04:03 PM

E30?!!?
I imagine that is pulling well. Shower us with details please.
(#191)
Old

Default 10-17-2018, 04:17 PM

https://adamtuned.myshopify.com/pages/tuning-tools

This is a good one. 2018 S4 tank is 15.3 Gallons.
(#192)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-17-2018, 04:17 PM

I'll leave it to George to fill you guys in. He's running point on development and testing.

Burger Motorsports

(#193)
Old

Default 10-17-2018, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holophonic
E30?!!?
I imagine that is pulling well. Shower us with details please.
A 4-5gal mix to a full tank will do the trick. The percentage at the pump varies so its not crucial to get a exact mix in.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#194)
Old

Car: B9 A4
Default 10-18-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Working on our S4 WMI kit. Our 2 gallon integrated pump/tank fit nicely in the trunk where the spare tire goes.
Bringing it to the A4 as well I hope?!
(#195)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-18-2018, 05:29 PM

Give me a photo of the trunk area let's see if it's the same!

Burger Motorsports

(#196)
Old

Car: B9 A4
Default 10-18-2018, 08:36 PM

I’ll get you a picture this weekend as I’m out of town. Looks exactly the same, though!
(#197)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-18-2018, 09:08 PM

Sweet.. We've got a really clean way to mount the WMI nozzles too. You guys are going to love it.

Burger Motorsports

(#198)
Old

Default 10-19-2018, 03:58 PM

I have a question about E30 mixes - I thought the fuel plug was for monitoring fuel trims, is there some intervention by the JB4 that influences fueling that helps with E30?

Regarding WMI, would that be an alternative to running E30, or would you be able to run both together.

Lastly, is it ok to run map 5 with E30 mix, then at next fill up switch to 93 and map 3, or leave on map 5 is ok?
(#199)
Old

Default 10-19-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotino15
I have a question about E30 mixes - I thought the fuel plug was for monitoring fuel trims, is there some intervention by the JB4 that influences fueling that helps with E30?

Regarding WMI, would that be an alternative to running E30, or would you be able to run both together.

Lastly, is it ok to run map 5 with E30 mix, then at next fill up switch to 93 and map 3, or leave on map 5 is ok?
I read your post on Audizine about the fuel plug and what it does. We busy getting the paper work sorted now and will be able to make posts there soon.

All monitoring of the unit is done via the OBD port.
The Fuel plug connects to the fuel rail pressure sensor altering the pressure at the injector. This provides more fuel volume per injection cycle and brings the fuel trims down.
With E30 you need more fuel volume and you at risk of maxing fuel trim capability of the ECU. The increase in pressure brings the trims into save levels again. It is one of the features that make our product unique to run of mill piggy back units.
If connecting the plug is not a burden the car will run less trims on the normal maps as well and will most likely provide for even smoother running.
In map 5 if you run with 93 the ECU will adapt the timing continuously which is not optimum but it wont damage the car. Best bet though is to step it down a map.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
(#200)
Old

Default 10-19-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
I read your post on Audizine about the fuel plug and what it does. We busy getting the paper work sorted now and will be able to make posts there soon.

All monitoring of the unit is done via the OBD port.
The Fuel plug connects to the fuel rail pressure sensor altering the pressure at the injector. This provides more fuel volume per injection cycle and brings the fuel trims down.
With E30 you need more fuel volume and you at risk of maxing fuel trim capability of the ECU. The increase in pressure brings the trims into save levels again. It is one of the features that make our product unique to run of mill piggy back units.
If connecting the plug is not a burden the car will run less trims on the normal maps as well and will most likely provide for even smoother running.
In map 5 if you run with 93 the ECU will adapt the timing continuously which is not optimum but it wont damage the car. Best bet though is to step it down a map.
Yeah, would be good to correct me when you get on there, I thought I had heard that from Terry, but probably miss-interpreted it.

I have always had it plugged in on mine, just didn't realize fueling was actually adjusted, so that's good.

Will do on the map 5, thanks for the clarifications!