N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335i
Default 02-17-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XM-N54
Can you still do the **'s on ramps for the xi model? Or no due to having to drop the subframe?
I dropped my subframe on jackstands while installing my turbos.

VTT Stage 2+ | JB4 G5 w/ Trebila BEF | Fuel-It Stage 3 | XHP Stage 3 | BL Coils | VTT Inlets | MMP Outlets | BMS Meth Dual 10/5CM | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF **'s | BMS CP | BMS DCI | Turbosmart Dual Port | 3.5 TMAP | BMS OCC | VTT PVC | BMS Anti-Lag | NGK 5992 | M3 Rear Upper Controls And Godspeed TB's | Lock-Down Brace | 235/285-18 PSS
(#27)
Old

Car: 2006 E46 330cic ZHP
Default 02-18-2017, 07:19 AM

Well, the ramps/jackstands weren't the problem, but I couldn't do it regardless.

I pulled everything off the bottom yesterday, got to the point where I was to move the steering rack and realized there is NO MOVING THE STEERING RACK on a 5-series. I have an aluminum subframe that would have to be removed. Too advanced for me. I mean I could probably do it, but I'm not going to try.

Putting some feelers out to have someone do it for me for $$. Just a little scary for me to tackle.

// Radar //

--------------------------------------------------------------
2010 535i M-Sport w/Sport AT, Alpine White w/Natural Leather, type-135 wheels w/spacers & Coilovers --- JB4 G5 ISO Trebila (Map-6) Custom Tune, Custom Meth Setup, VRSF 3" free-flow D/Ps, MMPe DCIs, Wagner 1060 Stepped FMIC, VRSF Chargepipe/Tial BOV, BMS Oil Cooler Valve
(#28)
Old

Car: 2006 E46 330cic ZHP
Default 02-23-2017, 06:37 AM

Gonna go at it again next weekend...found out that the 3- and 5- series procedures are COMPLETELY different!

With the e60 you go at the turbos from the pass side wheel well (liner removed), so there's no need to mess with the subframe or steering box. Whew!!

So, I'm pretty excited to get this done!

// Radar //

(P.s. -- Thank you Pelican Parts for the write-up!!)

--------------------------------------------------------------
2010 535i M-Sport w/Sport AT, Alpine White w/Natural Leather, type-135 wheels w/spacers & Coilovers --- JB4 G5 ISO Trebila (Map-6) Custom Tune, Custom Meth Setup, VRSF 3" free-flow D/Ps, MMPe DCIs, Wagner 1060 Stepped FMIC, VRSF Chargepipe/Tial BOV, BMS Oil Cooler Valve