N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 08 335xi
Default Plans for integrating JB4 with MHD flex fuel? - 09-10-2018, 09:00 AM

Terry-

What are the plans for integrating MHD's flex fuel release with the JB4? I was thinking we could keep the JB4 controlling boost and PI as is but maybe make use of some timing and fuel scalars.

Perhaps you guys are already working on development?

09 335 - 6266
07 335i - 6870, E85 - SOLD
08 335xi - 6466, custom direct port meth - SOLD
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 09-10-2018, 09:09 AM

IIRC He's working on it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 09-10-2018, 11:32 AM

Had the same convo with Terry. As cool as this is I am moving to 100% E85 which invalidates the need. Side note I have the Module and the Short line kit for sale for those who are looking to go that route :-)

2011 BMW VO 1M
ViE 3884 GTW 67mm 1.0AR Hot Side T51r Mod | PR Coil Packs
JB4 ISO | MHD | PR Stage 4 Elite | DOC Intake Manifold + TiAL + Pi
Seibon Dome Hood | Spec Twin Disk | PSP 900 IC | Slek Front Lip / Diffuser
Apex EC7 Wheels | KW HAS | N55 Mid + Y Pipe | P3 | ADe Catch Can
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2018, 07:21 PM

Yes we're working on incorporating a few of the new table blends in to our bef.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Car: 2007 e90 335i
Default 09-10-2018, 09:09 PM

I would love for this to happen.

2007 e90 335i
pure stgae 2 DD turbos, rb inlets, bms 4 bar map sensor
Jb4 with mhd hybrid e85 back end flash, vrsf down pipe vrsf 7" intercooler, vrsf charge pipe with tial bov and afe intake. Fuel it stage 2 pump and fuel line/ethanol content kit.
spec stage 2+ clutch with new oem dmfw
(#6)
Old

Car: 2009 E92 n54, 7''fmic, ********, jb4g5 2step relay, bms dci occ chargepipe synapse bov
Default 09-11-2018, 06:25 AM

JB4 adaptation for Motiv flexfuel ECS as well as backend flash compatibility would be awesome
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-12-2018, 08:21 AM

We have one of the MHD adapters coming for Payam's car and we'll use that to develop the new MHD E85 compatible JB4 BEF maps on site.

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Car: '09 335i sedan 6MT
Default 09-13-2018, 09:25 AM

Is there any ballpark timeline for release? Not to rush or anything I'm perfectly fine without flex fuel. Deciding whether to sell my flex fuel kit or not.

Thanks
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-13-2018, 09:52 AM

I can't imagine more than a few weeks? The JB4 already integrates PI volume on ethanol flow so what we're looking to do with the new tables is incorporate timing and fuel trims, and then reconfigure the JB4 map to also scale boost, for a fully integrated easy to use setup that adapts to any mixture.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Car: 2007 E92 335i
Default 10-24-2018, 08:27 AM

Would flashing a mhd flex fuel map then using the jb4 for boost control only work? I think option 4/4
(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-24-2018, 08:41 AM

No but we can provide a JB4 BEF map compatible with the MHD flex fuel sensor, just need more cars running the setup to work on it. So email me once you have their sensor setup installed.

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 12-09-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
No but we can provide a JB4 BEF map compatible with the MHD flex fuel sensor, just need more cars running the setup to work on it. So email me once you have their sensor setup installed.
I am having this sensor installed soon along with upgraded turbos, I need your help lol , more info on the other post I responded to.

2008 535i SAT W/paddle shifters
Pure Stage 2 DD on the way!
VTT Inlets and Outlets
Spool Performance stage 3 LPFP
Fuel-It Ethanol Sensor + Lines
Motiv Flex Fuel Box
AD-Engineering 650 HP Intercooler
JB4 G5 ISO W/MHD BEF
XHP Flash Stage 3
Synapse CP with BOV
BMS OCC & PCV
Accuair Elevel
Hpdrivetech air bags
AG Wheels
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-09-2018, 04:48 PM

We will post jb4 maps for it next week hopefully

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Default 12-09-2018, 10:41 PM

Quote:
We will post jb4 maps for it next week hopefully
Sweet! Can you comment on what I need to buy? Just the normal Motiv flex fuel stuff or are you gonna have a BMS kit or what?

09 335 - 6266
(#15)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-10-2018, 09:48 AM

They sent us one of their kits to play with, so we'll evaluate that all as we go. What flex fuel sensor are you using currently?

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Default 12-11-2018, 04:38 PM

Quote:
They sent us one of their kits to play with, so we'll evaluate that all as we go. What flex fuel sensor are you using currently?
I don't have anything, I was waiting for you guys to choose a direction, haha

09 335 - 6266
(#17)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-11-2018, 05:01 PM

Got it! The plan is to use Fuel-IT's kit without their analyzer, and then the Motiv analyzer kit, which plugs in to the ECU. The JB4 side reads the E85 mix off the ECU, and in conjunction with a Motiv E85 specific flex fuel BEF map, does the tuning. Little projects keep popping up but we've got the stuff ready to go on Payam's 335 to make an install guide, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old

Default 12-11-2018, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Got it! The plan is to use Fuel-IT's kit without their analyzer, and then the Motiv analyzer kit, which plugs in to the ECU. The JB4 side reads the E85 mix off the ECU, and in conjunction with a Motiv E85 specific flex fuel BEF map, does the tuning. Little projects keep popping up but we've got the stuff ready to go on Payam's 335 to make an install guide, etc.
Do you think you will put together a combo kit for sale in the future?

09 335 - 6266
(#19)
Old
Legend

Car: 135i
Default 12-12-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Great news, having customers waiting for the complete jb4 integration with the MHD/Motiv flex fuel kit.

FBO N54 AT 135i 'vert with JB4 and Trebila Performance custom flash
(#20)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-12-2018, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan
Do you think you will put together a combo kit for sale in the future?
I have to spend some more time with it but maybe.

Burger Motorsports

(#21)
Old

Car: 2009 E92 n54, 7''fmic, ********, jb4g5 2step relay, bms dci occ chargepipe synapse bov
Default 12-12-2018, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebila
Great news, having customers waiting for the complete jb4 integration with the MHD/Motiv flex fuel kit.
yep
(#22)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 12-14-2018, 10:15 PM

Quote:
exact setup I purchased, I got the flex fuel with upgraded lines and Motiv flex fuel box, lmk when those maps are ready Terry, Thanks.

2008 535i SAT W/paddle shifters
Pure Stage 2 DD on the way!
VTT Inlets and Outlets
Spool Performance stage 3 LPFP
Fuel-It Ethanol Sensor + Lines
Motiv Flex Fuel Box
AD-Engineering 650 HP Intercooler
JB4 G5 ISO W/MHD BEF
XHP Flash Stage 3
Synapse CP with BOV
BMS OCC & PCV
Accuair Elevel
Hpdrivetech air bags
AG Wheels
(#23)
Old

Default 01-03-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
I have to spend some more time with it but maybe.
Sensor is plumbed.

Awaiting instructions for wiring..

Meth port injection bms controller
Jb4 custom tune @trebula
Gc turbo
(#24)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-03-2019, 01:02 PM

I have the maps ready, just need a quick test on our 335.

In the mean time the sensor itself installs per Motiv's directions for now.

Burger Motorsports

(#25)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-03-2019, 02:20 PM

Quote:
I have the maps ready, just need a quick test on our 335.

In the mean time the sensor itself installs per Motiv's directions for now.
Bumper just arrived today. Now I have everything to fix the car. I'll put it together this weekend and bring it by for you sir!

Sorry guys, I'm the hold up

Burger Motorsports