JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: e92 335i N55
Default Log review - 01-22-2022, 08:24 AM

Hey guys, I have a clean log that I'd like to have someone look over.

Car info:
2011 335i Manual, N55 - E92
93 octane
JB4 with MHD pump backend flash
BMS intake
Charge pipe
VRSF 7" FMIC
cl down pipe
Muffler delete
Stage 2 bucketed LPFP
Brand new HPFP

I am currently running map 5, but the car is feeling healthy so I would like to start looking into using map 6 so I can get some more consistency on the car, and push the stock turbos a bit more if possible.

I have tried using an e85 mix with 93, but I never felt any difference in power, and in the logging e85 always showed between 50 and 65, I am not sure how to interpret that. Any pointers about that would be appreciated
Attached Files
File Type: csv P5_M5_R1_220121_2241.csv (19.7 KB, 41 views)
(#2)
Old

Car: Evo VIII
Default 01-24-2022, 12:42 PM

If you don't have a flex fuel kit those E85 numbers are false. Timing gets sporadic in some spots, and duty bias needs to be corrected. Are you currently on stock plugs?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 01-24-2022, 03:20 PM

I am on NGK 97506, I believe I gapped them to around .022, it was a couple of months ago. Car came with Delphi GN10571 coil packs.

Not sure what values to enter in the duty bias, have not changed any values in the JB4.

I do not have a flex fuel kit. I have the type A harness, and I just realized that I need to purchase it separately. Thanks

Last edited by mazpro; 01-24-2022 at 03:40 PM..
(#4)
Old

Default 01-24-2022, 03:44 PM

Just noticed you don't have menu 4/2 selected. That needs to be selected in order for your backend flash to work properly.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 01-24-2022, 04:30 PM

Hmm how can you tell? According to the dash menu I have it in 4/2. Maybe I had it disabled on that run.

This log below is a 3, 4 and part 5 gear pull, on map 2. It has backend flash enabled, at least it should according to the dash menu.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P5_M2_R3_220122_2108_3_4_5gear.csv (25.7 KB, 41 views)
(#6)
Old

Default 01-25-2022, 11:44 AM

This what I'm seeing from my side. Check your user adjustment settings, and scroll down to the bottom.
Capture — ImgBB

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Default 01-25-2022, 04:12 PM

Interesting that you don't see that checked off. I do not see that option anywhere in the mobile app. Here are my settings. Also attaching screenshot of MHD info.

I updated the firmware on the jb4, and reflashed the MHD 98G0B pump backend flash.
Attached Images

(#8)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 01-25-2022, 04:39 PM

Map 2 is pretty well maxing out your STOCK turbo and timing is marginal. You're trying to squeeze blood out of a turnip as your WGDC is pretty well maxed out. Time for a turbo upgrade. For the time being, I'd concentrate more on improving timing by running E30 or so.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#9)
Old

Default 01-26-2022, 10:10 AM

Excellent. I am maxing out the stock turbo with map 2, so nothing more I can get out of it until the turbo is upgraded. If I want to get anything more out of this setup I would need to get the flex fuel kit, and test running an e30 mix.

For now I need to concentrate on finding a transmission, keeps jumping out of first gear

Thanks for reviewing the logs guys