JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT1 AWD
Default Meth stopped working? - 01-20-2022, 08:34 AM

Hey all, just looking for some suggestions on what to check with my JB4 meth injection since it appears to have stopped working. Ive been using it for months no issue, but I went and checked the other day, and my tank was full and shouldnt have been, I tried to purge, pump wont pump or make any noise. Tried updating firmware, and checked everything, nothing has come loose.

What should the first thing be to check? I do have a volt meter, and at the very least I know I should check to see if the pump is getting power, how exactly do I do that?

thanks so much!
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 01-20-2022, 11:57 AM

I'd verify the pump 1st (connect power directly) and work my way backwards from there. Make sure when you purge you are on the meth map or it won't work.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old

Car: Evo VIII
Default 01-20-2022, 12:22 PM

Also, please post a log, since some settings can
disable WMI. Then open FSB to see if the red led is
blinking, that indicates it has power/ground. If there is no blinking, then there may be a power/ground issue.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Car: 2020 Genesis G70
Default 01-20-2022, 03:06 PM

This happen to me as well. It was a bad ground to the FSB
(#5)
Old

Default 02-15-2022, 04:34 PM

hey guys sorry finally had a chance to mess with my meth today I relocated the ground to a new place and I tested the pump by hooking direct to battery. pump works when you touch it to red black on battery. I tried changing my ground and checked all connections to make sure nothing came.lose and all is good. for new ground I used a screw driver to scratch away paint underneath for good contact but still can't get meth to flow. I didn't check the red blinking light I'll try that in a couple but wanted to post pics of my grounds and atleast confirm pump does work
(#6)
Old

Default 02-15-2022, 04:36 PM

photos
Attached Images

(#7)
Old

Car: 2021 Kia Stinger GT2
Default 02-15-2022, 08:38 PM

For me its the solenoid keeps failing because i can hear my pump whenever i purge it. ive had my meth kit for roughly 4 or 5 months now and im on my 3rd solenoid. the 1st 2 were bms this 3rd one is from snow performance. if this one fails something else is goin on for sure might be the fsb. to test the solenoid put one wire on positive and the other on the negative end of the battery u hear it click your good, no click no good
(#8)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 02-16-2022, 05:42 AM

You can do like I did after my 3rd solenoid, get rid of them all together. I use nothing but check valves now. You assume a slight safety risk in the system but I've had 0 failures or flow issues for over a year now.
(#9)
Old

Default 02-16-2022, 05:49 AM

Dang i never thought of that option. You have a link or the name of the company u got yours from? Would be much appreciated
(#10)
Old

Default 02-16-2022, 05:57 AM

I found it. Snow actually sells one
(#11)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 02-16-2022, 05:53 PM

Sorry just getting back to this. Yes, I use snow nozzles, adapters, fittings and check valves. I use BMS tube, billet adapter, pump and tank.
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-17-2022, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2021GT2
For me its the solenoid keeps failing because i can hear my pump whenever i purge it. ive had my meth kit for roughly 4 or 5 months now and im on my 3rd solenoid. the 1st 2 were bms this 3rd one is from snow performance. if this one fails something else is goin on for sure might be the fsb. to test the solenoid put one wire on positive and the other on the negative end of the battery u hear it click your good, no click no good
Maybe it's the fluid you're using, or the solenoid placement itself? They don't handle heat or straight meth all that well over the long term.

Not a fan of check valves. Not only do you lose a critical part of the safety systems (a way for the system to force off flow if needed), but you also end up with a 15-20psi injection pressure drop meaning less flow and worse attomization.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#13)
Old

Default 03-02-2022, 01:09 PM

OK so sorry for spam
(#14)
Old

Default 03-02-2022, 01:10 PM

but I need 5 posts to post my video so this is my 5th lol
(#15)
Old

Default 03-02-2022, 01:11 PM

fsb blinking wmi - YouTube

so I do have blinking red light. when I hit purge I don't hear the pump do anything at all. what would be the next thing to Check?

sorry been really.cold and I don't have a garage so today is first day I could mess with it again 55 and sunny.

on a side note the selenoid failing wouldn't keep the pump from working right?

Last edited by Xenozx1; 03-02-2022 at 01:26 PM..
(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-02-2022, 02:03 PM

Attach a JB4 log so we can see your settings.

If solenoids keep failing its probably your fluid.

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Default 03-02-2022, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Maybe it's the fluid you're using, or the solenoid placement itself? They don't handle heat or straight meth all that well over the long term.

Not a fan of check valves. Not only do you lose a critical part of the safety systems (a way for the system to force off flow if needed), but you also end up with a 15-20psi injection pressure drop meaning less flow and worse attomization.
My problem is probably both. I run a 75/25 blend and the last time it went out it felt pretty hot. I have it placed right near the fuse box under a vanity cover.
(#18)
Old

Default heres a log on map 7 - 03-02-2022, 03:56 PM

heres a log on map 7

i tried all 3 firmwares the alpha beta, and release. currently on alpha
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M7_R1_220302_1749.csv (27.0 KB, 23 views)
(#19)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-02-2022, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenozx1
heres a log on map 7

i tried all 3 firmwares the alpha beta, and release. currently on alpha
I don't see a WMI flow signal, but trims also seem too low for non-WMI. Does fluid come out during a test purge in the app?

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-02-2022, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2021GT2
My problem is probably both. I run a 75/25 blend and the last time it went out it felt pretty hot. I have it placed right near the fuse box under a vanity cover.
The BMS solenoids at least can be serviced, open it up and see if the seal on the diagram is stuck. I've seen that before with some fluid mixtures.

Then as a test only run boost juice just to confirm whether the issue is the fluid itself.

Burger Motorsports

(#21)
Old

Default 03-02-2022, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I don't see a WMI flow signal, but trims also seem too low for non-WMI. Does fluid come out during a test purge in the app?
no if I hit purge like 30 times in a row the pump doesn't make any noise but if I disco the pump and touch it to + - on my car battery it pumps. also selenoid doesn't click during purge either.
(#22)
Old

Default 03-07-2022, 02:16 PM

just curious what i should check next? it’s another beautiful day and i can play with it some more