JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW 330XI
Default 330ixdrive B48 MAP2 log values - 12-21-2021, 02:17 PM

Hi , I'm new jb4 user. I just installed JB4 to my car. My car has got just a jb4 and bms air intake kit. I followed the instruction and I used map2 and map3. something caught my attention in jb4 logs. If I did not misunderstood , normally boost ecu is the sum of ecu psi and target values, right? Normally the map2 maximum target value is 4 psi and the map3 maximum target value is 6 psi . I think the standard maximum boost for my car (b48 2000 cc 252 hp) is 16 psi. When I apply Map2 to my car,I think , I have to see about 20 psi maximum boost. In the log I sent you, the boost and afr values in the cells I marked with red color seem to be incompatible. Also, these weird values are only happening in map2. map3 looks more stable. By the way, I saw these strange boost values in jb4 gauge as if they were happening when I took the gas off. I'm curious about your comments.
Attached Files
File Type: zip P58_M2_R69_211218_1757 (1).zip (422.0 KB, 60 views)
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 12-22-2021, 01:32 PM

Please upload the original CSV file for review.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old

Default 12-22-2021, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Please upload the original CSV file for review.
ok.
Attached Files
File Type: zip P58_M2_R69_211218_1757.zip (62.1 KB, 55 views)
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-23-2021, 01:05 PM

Both times you've uploaded a zip file.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#5)
Old

Default 12-23-2021, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Both times you've uploaded a zip file.
sorry about that.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P58_M2_R69_211218_1757.csv (385.1 KB, 73 views)
(#6)
Old

Default 12-24-2021, 03:56 PM

??
(#7)
Old

Default 12-26-2021, 11:16 PM

(#8)
Old

Car: Evo VIII
Default 12-27-2021, 11:57 AM

Please upload a log from 2k rpm to redline from 3rd or 4th gear on a safe private track. No need to upload a bunch of random logs/pulls. Thanks!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-27-2021, 12:02 PM

Agreed, need a better log but so far it looks pretty normal.

How about a proper log on map 4?

(#10)
Old

Default 01-19-2022, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon @ BMS
Please upload a log from 2k rpm to redline from 3rd or 4th gear on a safe private track. No need to upload a bunch of random logs/pulls. Thanks!

Finally I found time to get a properly log that you want. I uploaded 3 map log (map1,map2,map3). I wait your comments ?

Thanks.
Best regards..
Attached Files
File Type: csv P58_M1_R1_220119_143701.csv (30.6 KB, 46 views)
File Type: csv P58_M2_R1_220119_143342.csv (23.2 KB, 44 views)
File Type: csv P58_M3_R1_220119_143842.csv (21.8 KB, 48 views)
(#11)
Old

Default 01-19-2022, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Agreed, need a better log but so far it looks pretty normal.

How about a proper log on map 4?
I understood map1, map2 and map3. All 3 maps add additional pressure on top of the standard pressure. Frankly, I couldn't understand what exactly map4 does. Can I try map4 without hesitation?

Do you mind if you explain how Map4 works?

Thanks

Best Regards
(#12)
Old

Default 01-19-2022, 05:56 PM

Map 3 looks healthy. Map 4 is what is called an "absolute target" map. The difference between maps 1/2/3 and maps 4/5 is that 1/2/3 adds to the stock/factory boost targets whereas absolute maps are designated boost targets by themselves.
For example: as of right now, in map 3, you are hitting a peak boost of about 17.5-17.9 psi. Now if you were to change to map 4, you would then start targeting 20 psi.
If you are looking for a bit more power, try adding in 3 gallons of E85 on your next fill up and try map 4.
(The E85 will help keep timing from getting bad)

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#13)
Old

Default 01-20-2022, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Map 3 looks healthy. Map 4 is what is called an "absolute target" map. The difference between maps 1/2/3 and maps 4/5 is that 1/2/3 adds to the stock/factory boost targets whereas absolute maps are designated boost targets by themselves.
For example: as of right now, in map 3, you are hitting a peak boost of about 17.5-17.9 psi. Now if you were to change to map 4, you would then start targeting 20 psi.
If you are looking for a bit more power, try adding in 3 gallons of E85 on your next fill up and try map 4.
(The E85 will help keep timing from getting bad)

I understand what map4 does. I will try map4.

Something caught my attention in the old records. There is a serious difference between the ecu_psi value seen in the old logs and the logs I sent you yesterday. As a matter of course I also felt that the acceleration of the car was lower. Why might the ecu_psi value be lower than before. Do you have any comment?

Thanks..
Attached Files
File Type: csv P58_M1_R25_211219_0008.csv (346.8 KB, 46 views)
(#14)
Old

Default 01-20-2022, 11:40 AM

Please stick to one map per log. Map 4 looks good. ecu_psi might have been lower if the ecu recognized that boost was higher than it should be and then tried to lower the boost itself. You won't run into those issues on map 4 and 5 since it's they are absolute maps.

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-20-2022, 11:44 AM

Its not uncommon for ECU to adjust boost based on a variety of factors. Map 4 with the absolute target resolves that issue.

(#16)
Old

Default 02-03-2022, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Please stick to one map per log. Map 4 looks good. ecu_psi might have been lower if the ecu recognized that boost was higher than it should be and then tried to lower the boost itself. You won't run into those issues on map 4 and 5 since it's they are absolute maps.
Hi again,
Finally, I tried map 4. There is no E10 or E85 derivative fuel where I live. It has only 95 octane gasoline. So I used an octane booster and tried map4. Based on your comment I could buy pure ethanol and put about 10 liters of ethanol in my full tank. When looking at the log, please look at lines after line 169. Earlier I was going into the rev breaker while testing in 3rd gear. So the values can be nonsense

If I have the opportunity in terms of time, the down pipe (catted ) will be installed this weekend. I don't want the smell of gasoline and exhaust noise. More importantly, I don't want to lose power at lower revs.

If there is no problem with map4 in the log I uploaded now, according to your comments, I can log into map4 again after the down pipe
Attached Files
File Type: csv P58_M4_R9_220204_0023.csv (57.0 KB, 39 views)
(#17)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-04-2022, 11:53 AM

Map 4 looks good....give her a go with the new DP. I'd also just stick with the fuel and octane booster you're running. Your trims are fairly high so adding ethanol will only make that worse.

(#18)
Old

Default 02-04-2022, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Map 4 looks good....give her a go with the new DP. I'd also just stick with the fuel and octane booster you're running. Your trims are fairly high so adding ethanol will only make that worse.
I did not understand exactly, if I add ethanol ,will my trims values make that worse ? you said that my trims values seems good ,right ?
(#19)
Old

Car: G20 330i, F25 X3, B9 SQ5, C7.5 A7
Default 02-04-2022, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayya
I did not understand exactly, if I add ethanol ,will my trims values make that worse ? you said that my trims values seems good ,right ?
Right now it looks good, though high. Adding ethanol will increase it and force you lean.

Current:
2020 BMW 330i xDrive
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
(#20)
Old

Default 02-06-2022, 02:06 PM

Can you explain what the trim values seen in the logs are? For example, what should be the trim values for B48 engines? Which values are risky? As far as I researched, trim values are evaluated together with AFR, right? For example, can you give an example that "when accelerating at full throttle, if the trim value exceeds 50 and the afr value is around 14, it is risky"
(#21)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-07-2022, 12:20 PM

More information can be found here...

Logging Parameters and their Meaning - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

(#22)
Old

Default 02-07-2022, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Thanks Steve..
(#23)
Old

Default 04-26-2022, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Hi again,
Finally I applied ******* DP. I send you my map4 logs.(Also map2 and map3 ) In my opinion ,my wgdc ,trims ,boost(more stabile) and ignition1 values dropped more positively after DP. However, the ignition values confused me (especially ignition 1,3,5,6). Are there any anomalies in these values with each other ?

I'm curious about your expert opinions about map4 with DP.

Best regards...
Attached Files
File Type: csv P58_M4_R26_220426_2348.csv (359.2 KB, 11 views)
(#24)
Old

Default 04-27-2022, 10:27 PM

????
(#25)
Old

Default 04-28-2022, 01:55 PM

Log looks healthy.

Burger Motorsports