JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: M2 COMP
Default Meth first start up. (Help) !! - 01-18-2022, 03:47 PM

Hello i need some Help…I just finished installing the meth kit and as soon as I turned the car on for the very first time the meth started flowing. I thought the meth only flowed if you hit purge or hit the minimum boost. Is there a problem here or anything i should be worried about!? I don’t understand why it started flowing meth on its own on the first start up. Did I wire something wrong? I feel like I followed directions perfectly and gone over them for a few days. What wiring mistake would cause this? Or is this normal?

*** also note ***
OBD Wasn’t plugged in. Idk how that would affect the pump flowing meth on its own tho.

Anyone have any theories !?? I shut the car off immediately out of fear.

Last edited by S55_M2; 01-18-2022 at 09:31 PM..
(#2)
Old

Car: Evo VIII
Default 01-19-2022, 11:46 AM

Did you properly setup the meth settings?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 01-19-2022, 12:09 PM

All I need to do was do Meth scaling 60, Min boost 10-12psi and additive begin on 40 correct? OBD2 was not plugged in, could that have affected it? I will try again tomorrow with the OBD plugged in and see if that fixes my issue. maybe the JB4 wasn't able to communicate properly with the pump and fsb? I'll let you know. look out for an update!
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 01-19-2022, 01:01 PM

OBDII needs to always be plugged in.

No, meth should not start flowing regardless. Pump came on as soon as accessories was turned on? If so, it sounds like a wiring issue with the FSB. Post pics of install for verification and it's never a bad idea to install the optional hobb's switch for the additional safety feature.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#5)
Old

Default 01-19-2022, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
OBDII needs to always be plugged in.

No, meth should not start flowing regardless. Pump came on as soon as accessories was turned on? If so, it sounds like a wiring issue with the FSB. Post pics of install for verification and it's never a bad idea to install the optional hobb's switch for the additional safety feature.
Sounds good, I will be taking pictures of the install first thing tomorrow morning! Please look out for an update on this thread tomorrow! Thank you and hopefully its just a grounding issue, we will get to the bottom of it! Keep an eye out

I will say this... The pump in the trunk is grounded to a chassis bolt inside the trunk. I wonder if this could cause an issue like this. Tomorrow i will throw the OBD back in before I turn accessories on see what happens and take photos.

Last edited by S55_M2; 01-19-2022 at 01:22 PM..
(#6)
Old

Default 01-21-2022, 10:30 AM

Posting an update, as for now everything seems to be fine when I plugged in the OBD. I also checked grounds and re crimped them and applied them and that seemed to do the trick. However we have ran into another problem. When we hit “prime” on WMI settings while in MAP8 it doesn’t flow. Is prime supposed to put it to the solenoid or all the way to the nozzles?

WMI flow says 70-75 when idling. i hope that’s normal. Can someone whos familiar with the meth let me know on those 2 topics

***EDIT*****
Same problems are occurring it’s still flowing when accessories are turned on however it’s intermittent. Happens sometimes and other times it doesn’t I will be posting photos of my wiring.

Last edited by S55_M2; 01-21-2022 at 12:32 PM..
(#7)
Old

Default 01-21-2022, 02:18 PM

Okay problem is completely fixed… for now. I am going to Do logs on 40 additive and send them over. Please let me know how the logs look so I can go to 50 additive . Let me know if I need to add more M1 right now it’s just 50/50. Be right back in the car now.

Last edited by S55_M2; 01-21-2022 at 02:19 PM.. Reason: Left out stuff
(#8)
Old

Default 01-21-2022, 02:31 PM

Attached is a log on 40 additive. Please review and let me know. E35+50/50
Attached Files
File Type: csv P4_M8_R1_220121_1326.csv (5.4 KB, 38 views)
(#9)
Old

Default 01-21-2022, 04:24 PM

Log looks great. If you are looking to dial the car in, read below.
What year is this M2C? Is the ECU unlocked?
For best review, please upload logs in 3rd or 4th gear from 2k rpm to redline, with traction all the way off, on a safe private track.
Plenty of room to turn it up if you would like. Try moving up to E50 and upload another log.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10)
Old

Default 01-21-2022, 04:47 PM

It’s a 2021. ECU is locked. Did you mean 50 additive? Not E50. Not sure if the stock fueling and JB4 only can handle e50? I’m looking to dial it in as far as I can on 50/50 before I need to add more M1. Hoping for 75 additive on just 50/50 and E35 if logs look good to you guys. I’ll take an additive 50 log next and upload
(#11)
Old

Default 01-21-2022, 06:29 PM

Here is a 50 additive Log 4th gear than 3rd gear, logs are very bottom of this file. E35+50/50 meth I have it on a 50 additive, lemme know if it’s good to try 60 additive. Once again the 4th gear and 3rd gear run is towards the very bottom. I recently put down 7.8 60-130 on map 7. Can’t wait to work up to 75 additive on map 8 and drop a low 7 maybe
Attached Files
File Type: csv P4_M8_R3_220121_1705.csv (98.7 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by S55_M2; 01-21-2022 at 06:40 PM..
(#12)
Old

Default 01-24-2022, 12:54 PM

Log looks good. Go ahead with the 60. Also, yes, the S55 can easily handle E50 with just JB4. I would move to an E50 mix aswell.

Burger Motorsports