JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#276)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda 3 Turbo Hatch, 2016 Ford Fiesta ST
Default 08-12-2021, 07:22 AM

Are the stock plugs still a good choice or would you recommend going colder and/or different gap for the new boost level?

2021 Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback in Black
2021 Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback in White
2007 Mazda RX-8
(#277)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-12-2021, 11:54 AM

We've been running the factory plug and gap in ours without issue, even on E30 fuel, so I think we'll be good on that front.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#278)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda CX-30 2.5T
Default Quick question. - 08-12-2021, 07:52 PM

Hey! New here, just upgraded to a '21 3 and am looking forward to a JB4.
I have a question about installation. Do I need to route through my firewall if I choose the wifi app controlled setup?
(#279)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda3 Turbo AWD
Default 08-12-2021, 09:02 PM

If you want obd2 function yes... and id highly recommend it
(#280)
Old

Default 08-12-2021, 10:07 PM

What exactly would I need obd2 for. I have a scanner if something happens. Is there so.e other feature I can only use through obd?
(#281)
Old

Car: 21 Mazda 3 Hatch Turbo PP
Default 08-13-2021, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazdaLifer
What exactly would I need obd2 for. I have a scanner if something happens. Is there so.e other feature I can only use through obd?
There's a cable to go from OBD2 port to JB4 unit, feeding data into the JB4. It will display the data in the app (via bluetooth) but requires the cable to do so.
(#282)
Old

Default 08-13-2021, 09:19 AM

Thanks for this explanation! Happy to be here guys!
(#283)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda3 Turbo AWD
Default 08-13-2021, 04:17 PM

@terry did you guys get the shipment in today?
(#284)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-14-2021, 08:33 AM

They didn't show Friday but are supposed to be arriving soon. You guys will be the first to know when they start shipping.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#285)
Old

Car: 2021 CX-30 Turbo
Default 08-15-2021, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
They didn't show Friday but are supposed to be arriving soon. You guys will be the first to know when they start shipping.
Is it still possible to get an order in for my 2021 CX-30 Turbo Prem?
(#286)
Old

Car: Mazda3 Turbo Premium Plus Hatch
Default 08-15-2021, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkhacs
Yes just order it on the website
(#287)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-16-2021, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkhacs
Of course, you'll be towards the end of the line but at least you'll be in line!

Burger Motorsports

(#288)
Old

Car: Mazda3 Turbo (soon)
Default 08-16-2021, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroovyMotion
My best so far is 1/4 is 14.22@97.3mph, TC OFF, Auto Mode, Sport Mode OFF. My 60ft is very bad at 2.16s!
What map did you use for this run?
(#289)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda CX-5 GTR
Default 08-16-2021, 08:17 AM

Just casually refreshing my email every 5 minutes to see if the order shipped lol. wishing I got expedited shipping, got the CS intercooler and piping arriving tomorrow. love to do it all this weekend
(#290)
Old

Car: 2021 mazda3 hatchback 2.5 turbo
Default 08-17-2021, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedfool94
Just casually refreshing my email every 5 minutes to see if the order shipped lol. wishing I got expedited shipping, got the CS intercooler and piping arriving tomorrow. love to do it all this weekend
You and Me BOTH!!!!!! LOL
(#291)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2021, 11:33 AM

Harnesses didn't show up, we are trying to track down why not. Generally speaking anyone who pesters us for updates runs the risk of their order getting moved to the back of the line. We're working on shipping them as soon as possible.

We also closed the first batch and opened a second batch with an ETA of early Sept.

Burger Motorsports

(#292)
Old

Car: Mazda3 Turbo Premium Plus Hatch
Default 08-18-2021, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Generally speaking anyone who pesters us for updates runs the risk of their order getting moved to the back of the line.
Thread got REAL quiet 🤣
(#293)
Old

Car: 2021 Maxda 3 2.5T AWD PP
Default 08-19-2021, 05:35 AM

I have been following this thread as I was waiting to move and close on the house prior to buying my Mazda 3 2.5T PP Hatchback. Well....I got the Poly Metal one last Friday, and revisited this thread as well as the product page.

I noticed that the Mazda 3 version is now specified as V2. I must have missed a post explaining the difference in version from V1 --> V2. Can the difference/evolution be posted? It is more of a curiousity then a deal maker/breaker on my order of a unit. I work in I.T. and version difference is kinda something I follow and notice.

Thanks in advance for any information that can be provided.

Josh
Nashville TN & Algonquin, IL
2021 Mazda 3 2.5T AWD Premium Plus Hatchback (Poly Metal)
Mods: None as of yet.

2006 Mazda Miata Sport (Red Copper Mica)
Mods: Many interior, Exterior and Performance changes.

Last edited by Xirtic; 08-19-2021 at 05:50 AM.. Reason: Added Signiture
(#294)
Old

Car: 2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Default 08-19-2021, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xirtic
I have been following this thread as I was waiting to move and close on the house prior to buying my Mazda 3 2.5T PP Hatchback. Well....I got the Poly Metal one last Friday, and revisited this thread as well as the product page.

I noticed that the Mazda 3 version is now specified as V2. I must have missed a post explaining the difference in version from V1 --> V2. Can the difference/evolution be posted? It is more of a curiousity then a deal maker/breaker on my order of a unit. I work in I.T. and version difference is kinda something I follow and notice.

Thanks in advance for any information that can be provided.

Josh
Nashville TN & Algonquin, IL
2021 Mazda 3 2.5T AWD Premium Plus Hatchback (Poly Metal)
Mods: None as of yet.

2006 Mazda Miata Sport (Red Copper Mica)
Mods: Many interior, Exterior and Performance changes.

My understanding is that the difference is due to the sensor location on the Mazda3 and CX-30, compared to the Mazda6 and the CX-5/-9. On the Mazda6, CX-5 and CX-9, there is a sensor (I believe its called a TMAP sensor?) located in a hard-to-reach area on the front-mounted intercooler. On the Mazda3 and CX-30, this sensor either doesn't exist or it is in a much easier to access location. I'm sure Terry will be able to clarify.

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature
(#295)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-19-2021, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_TPPH
Thread got REAL quiet 🤣

Burger Motorsports

(#296)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-19-2021, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xirtic

There are two ECU versions and sensor arrangements. Some vehicles use a V1 harness and others a V2 harness. Mazda3 2.5T uses a V2.

Burger Motorsports

(#297)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-19-2021, 01:01 PM

OK looks like the harnesses are back on track to show up tomorrow. Mazda harnesses start life as Q50 harnesses then we need to modify them. Which also takes some time. But with luck we'll start to see orders trickle out tomorrow and early next week.

Burger Motorsports

(#298)
Old

Car: MAzda3 GT AWD Turbo
Default 08-19-2021, 02:10 PM

I had to cancel my order, due to downsizing at my work!
I will get it at a later time, once I can recover with my finances!
(#299)
Old

Car: 335xi
Cool 08-19-2021, 02:24 PM

Quote:
OK looks like the harnesses are back on track to show up tomorrow. Mazda harnesses start life as Q50 harnesses then we need to modify them. Which also takes some time. But with luck we'll start to see orders trickle out tomorrow and early next week.
Good news! Thanks for keeping folks in the loop!
(#300)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-19-2021, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroovyMotion
I had to cancel my order, due to downsizing at my work!
I will get it at a later time, once I can recover with my finances!

Burger Motorsports