JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#126)
Old

Car: '21 Mazda 3 Turbo
Default Mazda 2.5 Turbo in Beta testing? - 05-28-2021, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybadger
Some more adjustments were made on the JB4 Beta based on data logged.

Car is noticeably quicker tuned than untuned, and as we get more dialed in (as Terry gives direction I'm just a data logger at this point), the better opportunities we'll have for fine tuning performance parts from other manufacturers! Or even from BMS with whatever they have planned.

With MazdaEdit supporting some aspects of this engine, between the two we should have pretty solid control over much of the vehicle's performance until a one stop shop solution is completed.

Some parts like intake, big brake kit (lighter rotational mass), performance lowering springs, possible coilover and shock upgrades, (to help keep power down), and exhaust are soon to be released by CS for example (in no real order or timeframe on some items that I'm aware of), which'll change things and hopefully unlock more potential and safer power delivery with a smoother band of acceleration and hopefully some top end power.
This is great news to read today! Seems that there are several Beta testers data-logging - Thank you for your contributions to this project !!
One curiosity question if I may, What is "MazdaEdit" ?
(#127)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-29-2021, 10:04 AM

Hope to have 5 more BETA systems ready to ship out next week. Will update this post once they are ready to roll.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#128)
Old

Default 05-29-2021, 10:15 AM

So how do I get in line to order one?
(#129)
Old

Car: Mazda6
Smile 05-29-2021, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Hope to have 5 more BETA systems ready to ship out next week. Will update this post once they are ready to roll.
Love to be a data logger/tester for a mazda6 turbo 2018. Tell me if you're interested. My engine is slightly different than the outgoing 2021 model mazda 2.5t engines. It makes 310 ftlbs of torque on 93 instead of 320 and I dont know why. However, should result in some interesting data results! If you have any questions put it in your response.
(#130)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda 3T hatch
Default 05-29-2021, 10:34 AM

2021 3T owner in the SF Bay area patiently awaiting
(#131)
Old

Default 05-29-2021, 10:40 AM

Terry do be raising the hype around here now!��
(#132)
Old
BMW F80/E71 N63

Car: 2012 BMW X6 50I N63
Default 05-29-2021, 11:26 AM

Quote:
+1
(#133)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-29-2021, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda6 Driver
Love to be a data logger/tester for a mazda6 turbo 2018. Tell me if you're interested. My engine is slightly different than the outgoing 2021 model mazda 2.5t engines. It makes 310 ftlbs of torque on 93 instead of 320 and I dont know why. However, should result in some interesting data results! If you have any questions put it in your response.
On the Mazda6 need to get photos of the MAP sensors to see which system it uses, I'm thinking it's going to be the CX system rather than the Mazda3. Post em up here or email them to me terry@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#134)
Old

Car: Mazda 3 turbo hatch
Default 05-29-2021, 07:53 PM

Would love one of the next releases!
(#135)
Old

Car: 21 Mazda 3 Hatch Turbo PP
Default 05-30-2021, 04:55 AM

I installed the latest firmware and went on a few rides. Iím going to do some more driving and logging to compare stock and the couple maps with increased boost. I donít know how often Iíll need to use it but I also really like the idea of valet mode. Maybe when my girlfriend wants to borrow my car
(#136)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-30-2021, 10:15 AM

Added 5 units of each variant to the website to let a few orders come in, which we expect will ship mid-late week.

Burger Motorsports

(#137)
Old

Default Thought I ordered the JN4 for the Mazda 2.5T ? - 05-30-2021, 10:30 AM

Just saw the notice with 5 Mazda JB4s available;
Went to the Burger site, put one in my cart,
Hit the paypal button to pay,
But nothing happened, and my cart is now empty, WTH ...???
(#138)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-30-2021, 11:07 AM

You can just place a separate order for the pinned JB4 mobile adapter on the site and email sales to combine them.

Burger Motorsports

(#139)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-30-2021, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzed2
Just saw the notice with 5 Mazda JB4s available;
Went to the Burger site, put one in my cart,
Hit the paypal button to pay,
But nothing happened, and my cart is now empty, WTH ...???
We added 5 to stock of each variant, Mazda3 went fast. We'll add another 5 next week I hope.

Burger Motorsports

(#140)
Old

Car: CX-5, 2021, Signature
Default 05-30-2021, 11:33 AM

Another member hoping for a 2017+ CX-5 variant.............
(#141)
Old

Car: 2021 Mazda 3 Turbo
Default 05-30-2021, 11:48 AM

Man! those Mazda 3 Turbo units went quick! Hopefully everyone who got / has one keeps us updated on how they're coming along and any issues that are coming up. I'm looking to try and snag one of the next batches when they come out. Highly interested, and hoping that these don't pose any reliability issues with the vehicles.
(#142)
Old

Car: 21 Mazda 3 Hatch Turbo PP
Default 05-30-2021, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT-5555
Man! those Mazda 3 Turbo units went quick! Hopefully everyone who got / has one keeps us updated on how they're coming along and any issues that are coming up. I'm looking to try and snag one of the next batches when they come out. Highly interested, and hoping that these don't pose any reliability issues with the vehicles.
Iíve had mine since about March and havenít run into any issues yet.
(#143)
Old

Smile I got lucky! - 05-30-2021, 11:59 AM

I just oredered the last one!
:
(#144)
Old

Car: MAzda3 GT AWD Turbo
Default 05-30-2021, 01:51 PM

+1 for Mazda3 GT Turbo AWD!
I saw your reply from the Mazda3 & CX-30 4th gen on Facebook!
(#145)
Old

Car: Rx7, mazda 3turbo
Default 05-30-2021, 02:27 PM

Good thing you have the "notify when its available" so i grabbed one asap
I did mention in an email that i do have access to a dyno
So if you need any feedback let me know
(#146)
Old

Car: MAzda3 GT AWD Turbo
Default 05-30-2021, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-R-Rx7
Thanks for letting me know!
(#147)
Old

Car: Cx5 turbo
Default 05-30-2021, 03:08 PM

Paid my order for my CX5, going to test it and push the cx platform
(#148)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-30-2021, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-R-Rx7
The system is annoying because even though we only put 5 in stock it sends 100 emails. Not our software, so what can you do. It should just send out 5 emails and then wait an hour to see how many are left, and repeat.

Burger Motorsports

(#149)
Old
BMW F80/E71 N63

Car: 2012 BMW X6 50I N63
Default 05-30-2021, 06:05 PM

Is there an ETA on Mazda3 2021+?
(#150)
Old

Default 05-30-2021, 06:23 PM

Quote:
You can just place a separate order for the pinned JB4 mobile adapter on the site and email sales to combine them.
Not sure which you are referring to above that I should order:

"Wireless Mobile smart phone adaptor kit ~$140
-or-
BMS data cable wired ~35.00

Or is there an advantage to buying both (I'm a newbie - please explain)

Thanks!