JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: about to purchase 09 335i Xdrive
Cool Which ********* from BMS website fit my 335Xi - 03-01-2014, 08:06 AM

Hi Guys;

I've been trying to make a final decision on which ******* DP to install.

Does anyone know if the BMS 135i 335i 3" Performance ********* will work? I see that CP-e *** list Xi compatibility; but they are twice as expensive.

I see a lot of members using the AR Designs DP, but since I'm running the JB4, i would think that the CMS DP should be designed to work with the JB4 perfectly.

Finally, should be i changing one of the stock O2 sensors to a wide-band O2 sensor??

Going to marrying up with a Magnaflow Catback exhaust.

Thoughts?

2016 335 GT - let the upgrades begin..

2000 Z3M - too many upgrades to mention ... lol

(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-01-2014, 10:36 AM

The CPE are the only ones we carry that fit. They are expensive but are very high quality and fit perfectly. No easy feat for an Xi.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 03-01-2014, 02:37 PM

Thanks for the response Terry. Anotyher quick question. On the website it indicates they are available with an optional wide-sensor bung, but I dont see an option for selecting that.... How would I go about ordering with the sensor bung?

(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-01-2014, 04:29 PM

There is no optional wideband sensor bung. Must be out of date copy.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 03-01-2014, 05:26 PM

K. going to pull the trigger....

Could I run the wideband sensor from one of the stock O2 sensor ports? Do I really need it for tuning, if I run Map2 for instance...

(#6)
Old

Car: BMW 335i N54 E92
Default 03-03-2014, 01:03 AM

We was install BMS DP to 335ix LCI e91.
(#7)
Old

Default 03-03-2014, 08:05 AM

Thanks... I've read it depends on the ECU date/version. Prior to the date, no DP fix required. After the date. DP Fix required....

Purchased the Bavarian Technic Scanner Cable and intend to install back-end flash which should give me the ability to run map2.... the question now is it really worth the time and $$ to go ******* DP for what would amount to I believe an additional 20hp gains? Given I can run map2 with the back-end flash, what additional gains would I likely see adding ******* DP?